I've Got Crabs!

Knowdafish

Knowdafish

Well not plural, but one anyways. 

I glanced over to find a beach crab climbing up the wall in our bedroom! For the life of me I can't figure out how he got in here. He wasn't all that big (his body size was about 5 peso coin size), but I really don't want to wake up with a crab clawing at me! 

There is no hole or burrow in the concrete slab. The windows all have screens. There is no cat or dog that drug it in, and my 2+ year old is scared of crabs so I know he didn't bring it in. There are no nooks and crannies in the ceiling or holes in the wall. I doubt he made his way in under the front door and made it down the hall. Maybe he snuck in in an "empty" shoe that was carried in? 

Maybe he is the mutated evolved version and he flew in?  :shocked:

I guess we'll never know as he was promptly caught in a cup and has been flushed. 

I guess I can add it to living creatures I have found inside while living and traveling around in the Philippines. 

Spiders? - check

Roaches? - check

Geckos? - check 

Rats? - check

Mice? - check

Toads? - check

Snakes? - not yet!

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

When I lived on the beach we would get a crab or two every so often. 

Knowdafish

When I lived on the beach we would get a crab or two every so often. 

We get them outside, but have never got one inside until now. There is a large one that has made a mess of one of our planters with his burrow excavation. 

Knowdafish

Beach front living for the Fish. Nice...!!!

Thanks, but we are actually a block or so off the beach which is why it amazes me that crabs make it this far away. 

Majorsco

I've had to dodge crabs on the road in my bgy and its not near a beach but is about 500m from the water.

thebob

Ha! we quite often have crabs come and investigate the house.

I guess you were lucky it wasn't a Coconut Crab!

coconut-crab.jpg

• Like 2

Knowdafish, was it inclement weather? Raining, snowing, too hot, too cold outside? Maybe he just wanted to come in from the weather? :D

When I was in the Navy, I had the crabs 3 times. :ROFLMAO:

I only dated rich chicks when I was younger. I just got lobsters. :)

• Like 6
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Knowdafish, was it inclement weather? Raining, snowing, too hot, too cold outside? Maybe he just wanted to come in from the weather? :D

I only dated rich chicks when I was younger. I just got lobsters. :)

and an ass full of buckshot

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Rock salt.

they must of been feeling charitable 

Headshot

Paul and Broden... :offtopic:

See? See what happens when OP's let just anybody comment in their thread?    :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

(BTW...I've always wanted to be able to do that.)

Fish, There is no huge mystery here. Most exterior doors here have no threshold, and critters can just scoot under them even when the door is closed...even crabs. Check your exterior doors and see if this is not the case. A lot of crabs spend part of their life in the water and part of their life on land.

• Like 2
Knowdafish

Ha! we quite often have crabs come and investigate the house.

I guess you were lucky it wasn't a Coconut Crab!

coconut-crab.jpg

Ha ha! That one would be food, before he got near the door! I've looked into aquaculturing coconut crabs, but they grow too slow and their breeding process is difficult to duplicate in a confined environment. 

I would like to know how fast they regenerate limbs though as selling them piece by piece may work. 

• Like 1

he was promptly caught in a cup and has been flushed.

So you imprisoned a crab and the sentenced him to death---------- I am so calling PETA on you ---------LOL