Happy Thanksgiving

Ungaro

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Plenty of turkey with all the fixings around here. After I left that place I popped in somewhere else for an after dinner drink and they had an even bigger spread. At the last place it was funny, 99% Filipino all wishing themselves happy Thanksgiving as they ate the traditional American dinner. 

I also ran into some friends I hadn't seen in ages totally by chance. So it was a good Thanksgiving. 

• Like 2

Yes there are turkeys here in Cebu (the one's with feathers I mean...the other's are obvious).  Neighbor has a "tom" and a couple hens that like to roam around.  Took the wife to Marriott in Cebu City for their "Traditional Thanksgiving" buffet.  Here's a quick run down...Going in I knew it was over priced.  However...the turkey was good, gravy as well and the "stuffing" (which i am not sure what kind it was ...for sure not the sage stuffing I was used to).  The prime rib was rib but for sure not prime...very tough IMHO...side dishes were good though.  Desert bar and sushi bar was well stocked.  First time I've had pumpkin pie in at least 3 years.  I might have made my money back on that one.  Service was very good.  But i did have to wonder...at the end of the meal coffee was offered.  Now we're talking the Marriott, we're talking a 1,500P per head buffet....instant coffee?? really??????  

Though it was good for a change...my total overall opinion???  Been there, did that...no need to repeat

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Yes there are turkeys here in Cebu (the one's with feathers I mean...the other's are obvious).  Neighbor has a "tom" and a couple hens that like to roam around.  Took the wife to Marriott in Cebu City for their "Traditional Thanksgiving" buffet.  Here's a quick run down...Going in I knew it was over priced.  However...the turkey was good, gravy as well and the "stuffing" (which i am not sure what kind it was ...for sure not the sage stuffing I was used to).  The prime rib was rib but for sure not prime...very tough IMHO...side dishes were good though.  Desert bar and sushi bar was well stocked.  First time I've had pumpkin pie in at least 3 years.  I might have made my money back on that one.  Service was very good.  But i did have to wonder...at the end of the meal coffee was offered.  Now we're talking the Marriott, we're talking a 1,500P per head buffet....instant coffee?? really??????  

Though it was good for a change...my total overall opinion???  Been there, did that...no need to repeat

I've had Marriott Cebu's Thanksgiving dinner a few times. Sounds like they haven't changed the stuffing. The first time I had it, I thought it was fantastic (except for the stuffing) and then in subsequent Thanksgivings and other holidays I notice they pretty much have the same spread, and it has gone down hill considerably. Not sure what their problem is. I've even had severely dry turkey there once, it was the Christmas after the first thanksgiving I ate there. I swore they had froze cooked turkeys from Thanksgiving and thawed them for Xmas. They were horribly dry.