Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

1000 dollars a month for just having an American kid

Salty Dog

's okay. I got it all worked out.

Turn 65, convert to Moro, legally marry 4 sixteen year-old girls and have 'em pop out one brat a year each. Will have twenty qualifying offspring by the time I'm seventy and pulling in 20 G's monthly.

or go the disability route if mental counts:

Will start doing the New York Times crossword puzzle with a wooden chopstick and my own poop. That's GOTTA qualify!!

Not gonna fake my own death: that's just plain silly.

Nice try, but one small detail you missed:

Maximum Family Benefits

Within your family, each qualified child may receive a monthly payment up to one-half of your full retirement benefit amount. However, there is a limit to the amount we can pay your family.

The total depends on your benefit amount and the number of family members who also qualify on your record. The total varies, but generally the total amount you and your family can receive is about 150 to 180 percent of your full retirement benefit.
  • Like 2

goldote

there is no way any kid in Britain would be able to get that huge amount of money while being born overseas and having no  connection, at all, with Britain except that one of their parents happened to be a citizen of te country (and who might themselves, citizen or not, only have a tenous connection with it).

700 dollars or a thousand dollars a month, is a huge amount of money here. It automatically propels somebody into the top flight, of earners. There must be an incredible amount of fraud, and/or attempted fraud going on.

Maybe that's why so many ask 'what is your country'?

Many old smokin drunks have one foot in the grave.

It would be an easy scam....and easily augmented.     

Next question will be 'can you make baby'?

Might be better to be from Canada.

Majorsco

I have no idea how efficiently SS is monitored in the Philippines... but in the US Big Brother keeps a pretty close eye on SS benefits.

Among other things, funeral homes, banks, credit card companies, etc., report deaths to the government... It's in the interest of both government and businesses. Government (their computers at least) usually knows someone is dead sooner than some of their family.

Of course, it is a separate felony each month you cash a deceased persons SS check... The years on those multiple count felonies add up fast.

I somehow suspect SS keeps tabs on the heartbeats of its overseas recipients.

Then why is it that every few weeks there are stories is SA fraud with people collecting checks of the dead. SS disability is another topic where fraud is rampant.

MikeMS

No wonder SS is going broke! No way should they make an incentive for some 65 guy to have children. I say if u r that old and able to run around and have kids u r fit enough to get a job again if they want to pop out kids. It reminds me of welfare mothers having kids for more money on the check. They should really close that loophole!

• Like 1

Brucewayne

I only get half of my check for my child and so do all of the ex-pats I know who have told what they receive here in the Phils.

• Like 3

T.S.

No wonder SS is going broke! No way should they make an incentive for some 65 guy to have children. I say if u r that old and able to run around and have kids u r fit enough to get a job again if they want to pop out kids. It reminds me of welfare mothers having kids for more money on the check. They should really close that loophole!

Most still probably paid in more than they will ever get back.

It is more likely going broke because the money from current workers pays for the currently retired people and average family size has gone down over the years. So the number of retirees goes up while the number of workers goes going down.

Edited by T.S.

smokey

For the longest time I thought what a scam.  However lets take a step back.  You pay into this system 7.65% of your pay your entire working life.  The average man pays into this system $345,000 dollars (interest and such).  His monthly benefit would be $1,875.00.  He would have to live by today's Social Security standards 82 years and 4 months.  So what happens to all that money when a person dies and has not gotten his entire benefit.  You guessed it.  

yes indeed my dad worked for the post office 38 years and retired at 67 and 3 months later passed away ... 

CardiacKid

I somehow suspect SS keeps tabs on the heartbeats of its overseas recipients.
If you are on SS and have a Philippine address, SS sends you a form that you have to fill out and return. If you don't, they cut off your benefits. Frequency is about every two years out of three. You have to sign the form, and hopefully someone verifies the signature. Along these lines, about 20 years ago someone decided to look at military retirements paid here. One guy they were sending a check to was over 100 years old. Him and his wife were dead, and the family just kept cashing the checks as they came in. No money was ever recovered.

quit_yume

If you are a veteran they automatically add in a small percentage to augment your SS check.

udonthani

If you are on SS and have a Philippine address, SS sends you a form that you have to fill out and return. If you don't, they cut off your benefits. Frequency is about every two years out of three. You have to sign the form, and hopefully someone verifies the signature. Along these lines, about 20 years ago someone decided to look at military retirements paid here. One guy they were sending a check to was over 100 years old. Him and his wife were dead, and the family just kept cashing the checks as they came in. No money was ever recovered.

one time in Udon there was this elderly American guy we got talking and the subject of the difference between Thailand and the Philippines came up. He cleared his throat, and delivered his view. He said, 'in the Philippines, the people there know that they can get checks from America. But here in Thailand, they don't think, that is possible, to get checks from America'.

Brucewayne

Most still probably paid in more than they will ever get back.

It is more likely going broke because the money from current workers pays for the currently retired people and average family size has gone down over the years. So the number of retirees goes up while the number of workers goes going down.

You also have to remeber that it is against the rules for the government to borrow or attach SS monies to the general fund, but they pilfered the SS account and left it in ruins by using some kind of legal maneuvering.

The idea was that the money would be paid back with interest, but instead the lawmakers decided to accuse the retierd who paid in of being welfare bums when they retired, but not in those exact terms.

• Like 4

cebubird

Yeah the texas sleazebag LBJ first raided it to pay for his welfare state.

ThomsonJr

700$-1000$ per month. Nice. That can buy you alot of beers in the Philippines.

Irenicus

Yeah the texas sleazebag LBJ first raided it to pay for his welfare state.

I have only been in the Philippines for about four days.  But after wandering about a bit, I am more grateful than ever that the US has safety nets in place to deal with the more egregious situations of abject poverty and disability.  Especially after the garbage denizens of Manila and seeing the disfigured. blind beggars scattered about.

Add to that the appreciation I now have for ASPCA and animal shelters.

• Like 1

Monsoon

Anyway the vast majority of those people have earned that money. With a few exceptions. Some people.are able bodied but employ lawyers and.doctors to put on a good show and get disability benefits. Many havnt paid in nearly enough and many are still able to work. Many also are not.

Its not so simple as having a kid and getting paid. I paid more than $1000 a month because I had a kid. Your info is very skewed whippy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 2