What's For Dinner

broden

Brucewayne

I would have liked to have had turkey, but  P250-P750 per kilo is way too high for a meal that ate cereals and bugs to survive (not fatten, survive).

that price comes to about $3.00-$9.00 per pound and I am not paying that after living on a farm where turkeys were free other than the odd pails of cracked corn we fed them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Brucewayne

• rfm010

• Half Baked

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Thankgiving Broden.   Three course dinner here. Mrs. Hog is still away on vacatyon:        Looks like the highlight of the holiday will be the Steelers/Ravens game at 9:30 Friday morning

well seeing as Thanksgiving is already coming to pass over in the RP So what are you guys having   even you non American heathens    we're starting some of our cooking tonight for tomorrow   tu

Turkey Mashed potatoes Hagen Daaz 100% Kona coffee Roy's Buca di Beppo Ruth Chris Shore Bird's All in HNL   Happy Thanksgiving All Aloha  

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I would have liked to have had turkey, but  P250-P750 per kilo is way too high for a meal that ate cereals and bugs to survive (not fatten, survive).

that price comes to about $3.00-$9.00 per pound and I am not paying that after living on a farm where turkeys were free other than the odd pails of cracked corn we fed them.

maybe you can find others to mooch off... i mean visit

when in rome

always room at the table and at the sink.. if you hurry on over

next year, everybody to broden's for turkey day! 

maybe i could swing it, i have a brother in law in your neck of the desert.  i could lend a hand at watching the football games.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

next year, everybody to broden's for turkey day! 

maybe i could swing it, i have a brother in law in your neck of the desert.  i could lend a hand at watching the football games.

bring em on we'll get a turkey in the oven another in the fryer and a pig on the spit

• Admin (Retired)
broden

No shortage of turkey here!

even admins run out of likes

Half Baked

Do you add the kimchi juice to the ground beef or how exactly do you make it?

No, I just put the kimchi outta the jar onto the patty. I still put French's yellow mustard on the bread/bun.

We went to Dong Juan resto yesterday. They were advertising a "kimchi burger". I told my wife.. "HEY! that was my idea!

• Like 1
rainymike

Kimchi hamburger,

Definitely heathen!

I thought everyone knew that you put kimchi on tuna sandwiches with tomatoes.

But I do miss the availability of Korean goods that Cebu had. Always could find mondoo there. Would have gone well with the "Mommy Don't Cry" Korean movie we watched.

Thanksgiving dinner was a mongo bean, pork, and various vegetables soup with rice. Shoot ... guys ... I didn't even know it was Thanksgiving ... lol.

• Like 1

i've seen threads degenerate pretty badly before, but to go from broden's thanksgiving menu to any discussion of kimchi goes way beyond the pale.  :bad:

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Im in a Korean resto once a week. Love it.

Last year you could find kimchee in my fridge along with fermented bean paste. Now i only savor those flavors when we are out for Korean.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

For.the.record, I had turkey and all the normal fixins (two helpings) for 650p at a local pub. Was just as good as more expensive buffets Ive had in the past. Since our kitchen here is the size of a small bathroom back in the states and the fact that everytime i do try to cook here Im constantly being told what Im looking for is still in storage. So it was a sound decision.to outsource turkey day this year.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i've seen threads degenerate pretty badly before, but to go from broden's thanksgiving menu to any discussion of kimchi goes way beyond the pale.  :bad:

well get over here .. there's only 3 of us we can hardly fit the leftovers in the fridge

• Like 2
Brucewayne

well get over here .. there's only 3 of us we can hardly fit the leftovers in the fridge

If the wife and daughter get their way, we might be there by next year.

Not so sure I want to go....most of the time.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

If the wife and daughter get their way, we might be there by next year.

Not so sure I want to go....most of the time.

we'll keep the porch light on

• Like 1
rainymike

i've seen threads degenerate pretty badly before, but to go from broden's thanksgiving menu to any discussion of kimchi goes way beyond the pale.

LOL ... I feel your pain, but ...

Where I grew up in the states, turkey was of course the main dish. But, then it would commonly be served with a tuna-kimchi maki sushi, pickled abalone and seaweed, lumpia or wonton, chop suey or pancit fried noodles, macaroni salad, and of course cranberry sauce.

LOL ... the pilgrims probably were just thankful to have whatever was available for grub. Same with my ancestors in Hawaii. Just thankful for what they could put together. My partner served up mongo beans, but it was yummy. Was just thankful to have a family to dine with. 

• Like 3