Does investing in the Philippines, help or hurt relationships?

Skywalker

I bought my condo here, because it was a self investment in a home, and I hate paying rent.

Sometimes I meet the watchguy for lunch - but he puts me under so much pressure to pay - it's getting to the stage that I might have to change my phone number!  

However, his wife cooks great food, and is incredibly easy on the eye.   :kissass:

• Like 3

Regarding "investments", we have "invested" - a tricycle back in '95 that paid for the transport of a sister-in-law to Uni but nothing more as "maintenance" issues and a lazy driver ate up the profits, a multicab that was used for transporting the family around, our house which was built in 2002 and shared costs of rebuilding the family home in Mandaue. We have also contributed to the education of 2 sisters-in-law.

For the near future, I plan on developing the family property by setting up a small homestead where I hope to grow some chickens, ducks, goats and plenty of veggies.

And thanks to this forum, I have been getting some great advice on banks and stocks - nothing like getting feedback from you guys who have been there and done it. Thanks again!!

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

Sometimes I meet the watchguy for lunch - but he puts me under so much pressure to pay - it's getting to the stage that I might have to change my phone number!

change your number? hide from us? no problem...we'll just bribe your butler to spill the beans which watering hole your slumped over in! 

speaking of food...janice is on her way back from moalboal as we speak so let me know if you're getting hungry. rey is here waiting to get fed too.   

• Like 1

I'm jealous. Janice - her slutty friends. God, WHAT am I doing in Cambodia!?!?!

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

I'm jealous. Janice - her slutty friends. God, WHAT am I doing in Cambodia!?!?!

if you're a good boy they will bring the party to you...

post-4506-0-84972300-1385656936_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You're talking about two different things here: Relationship advice and investment advice. I'm not going to name names but the members of this forum I think could be good at investment advice are not people I'd go to for relationship advice! :ROFLMAO:  Investment advice is simpler to understand. Find someone who's been successful at it and get their advice. For relationship advice maybe talk to someone who has been happily married for 10+ years to the same woman. Sorry, I'm not the one qualified in either case although I've been happily married for 7 years now, alomst there! :biggrin_01: Good luck!

Edited by tomaw
ellenbrook2001

haha so do really material think will make a more happy relational ,first i would not brad on the forum a bought that and that bla bla some got million to spend or to show off?good luck to them

now we all are smart and know real life okay you marry have kids so different situation? you had to provide for the family before you tip the bucket,

now the one live with only a GF his another situation remember if you gone shes will try to found another one? so has you are very smart you have been to her place you did meet the family so in your judgment you should see from your own eyes what will improved they living condition or what they need.that all nothing less nothing more.

in my experience what ever you buy a castle,cars,limousine,Jeep,truck.buses,business if you are only  alien here you own nothing or if you fight in the court you will lost anywhere then if you got the most flash house in the street then your wife got a PINOY lover shes can kick you out of the house then be on the street,or if you go on vacation back home when you come back maybe the house will be empty  .he did happen in the past or will happen again,

or her PINOY lover could have you kill grrrrrrrr.

so by experience would never ever invested money here or spend to much my money his save back home so if for some reason i have enough i can go back home start again my money still there.

but in my own experience material would not make the relationship better you give one pesos they want 10 pesos on and on never stop ah ah the white men his rich .sorry if i did upset fews.

smokey

i may be a clown but i think he is asking that by making investments like buying a house and car etc did that make more problems for family hitting up the wife .... It did for mine her brothers and sisters at first figured  when a family member wins the lotto it should be shared ( me being the winning ticket ) my wife on the other hand did not think that was fair or correct and this caused problems between her and her sisters ..

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

it comes down to quiet simply the right woman.

IF u got one that is asking non stop ir the family is asking non stop then u got yourself a wrong one.

Plain and fecking simple.

What does it matter if u fail.... so what u lose money. Who gives a feck. I don't. Money is fake and bullshit. It means nothing. Find one that u know in your heart. That there are no red flags. Invest in a future with that person and feck everyone else.

I look at things like this... one life. make mistakes and fecking live

• Like 3
Skywalker

Money is fake and bullshit. It means nothing.

Hehehe  A tipsy posting if ever I saw one!

"Money can't buy happiness . .. . . .but it sure as hell can buy a yacht to pull up next to it!"

• Like 3
passingby

Very true words!!  IF you are committed to living long term in Asia you might want to consider investment - in your name - property such as condos or other investments in Thailand or other Asian countries.  As such you have income producing investments and capital protection without the ability of a greedy family to attach to anything.  You can be very poor here and rent a small place AND well to do elsewhere.  Diversification of assets is always good.  This also relieves the wife/gf of the problem of saying NO we cannot help as there is NO appearance of wealth locally.

jtmwatchbiz

Hehehe A tipsy posting if ever I saw one!

if not tipsy then certainly not a working guy. i guess if i didn't need to work to feed myself and family i could have the same "i don't give a feck" outlook...unless of course he was just in the mood to do some silly online macho chest-pounding.   

can't wait to read when blue balls and the random one start trading advice :)

• Like 1