Jeep or bus accross the bridges?

mrlondon

Say, from Mactan Gaisano, at the north end of Lapu Lapu... there are a bunch of minivans some of which must go to Cebu city. However, when I went there and asked, I got a lot of conflicting information and confused blank stares. 

What numbers go where? Or is the service basically unusable?

RogerDat

Greetings! In front of General Milling, accross the street,that terminal vehicles all go to Cebu over the old bridge.

In front of Gaisanos Mactan  on same road, look for Hiway, Flyover jeeps, at the cross walk is their stop. They also use old bridge.

The minivans go to two places in Cebu City. One goes to SM for P25. The other one goes to Ayala P35. The one that goes to Ayala sometimes also goes to SM.

• Like 1

The minivans go to two places in Cebu City. One goes to SM for P25. The other one goes to Ayala P35. The one that goes to Ayala sometimes also goes to SM.

Do they stop at places on the way, or is it SM only and ayala only?

Also, which number goes to which place? And approx. how often do they depart?

Edited by mrlondon
Half Baked

However, when I went there and asked, I got a lot of conflicting information and confused blank stares.

The hell you say?!!??

Do they stop at places on the way, or is it SM only and ayala only?

Also, which number goes to which place? And approx. how often do they depart?

I'm just looking for info on the minivans. Thanks.

YOu can stop a  GT  to get off... but you cant flag one down anywhere to alight.   

There is also a new GT terminal near Mactan Doctors by the new Gaisano grocery store  across Mercury Drug.

They depart when they are full.  Depending on time of day that could be 5 mins to 25mins.

They go across the old bridge to either SM or Ayala as mentioned previously.   The new fare from the new terminal at Mactans Doctors is 35 to SM. 

newtocebu

There is also a ferry that crosses the channel. It drops you near carbon market.

A nice, stress free ride that one - I think they call it the 'River Bus' from memory.

Only around 13p each way. Sets sail from behind the big church in LLC to the pier area in CC ( and vice versa of course )

Cebu Mactan ferry

Cebu City Terminal  at center cross this map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.297832&lon=123.910616&z=19&m=h

Mactan Terminal at center cross this map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.313481&lon=123.947800&z=19&m=h

Edited by Woolf
RogerDat

Greetings! In front of General Milling, accross the street,that terminal vehicles all go to Cebu over the old bridge.

In front of Gaisanos Mactan  on same road, look for Hiway, Flyover jeeps, at the cross walk is their stop. They also use old bridge.

Greetings! The WHITE mini vans with GT on side are from the terminal where ever you find them to what ever is posted in the front window. They will stop anywhere you ask ON THE REGULAIR route to final destination.

JEEPS, and MULTI CABS are route numbered and do not deviate as it makes them "off route" and subject to fines.

There is a diffrence, and the vehicle TYPE names are not interchangable.  All three types will get you to various parts of Cebu, just ask driver, NOT bystanders.

So if going to Cebu, look in front window to find where it goes.

• Like 1

Cebu Mactan ferry

Cebu City Terminal  at center cross this map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.297832&lon=123.910616&z=19&m=h

Mactan Terminal at center cross this map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.313481&lon=123.947800&z=19&m=h

Fantastic explanation.

Seems like a nice way to get from cebu downtown, to the airport. How long does the ferry take?

Get your stop watch ready

part 1

part 2

• Like 1
RogerDat

Fantastic explanation.

Seems like a nice way to get from cebu downtown, to the airport. How long does the ferry take?

That ferry does NOT take U to the air port! It takes U to downtown Lapu Lapu, and U must catch a cab, or multiplue Jeep/Multicab rides to the airport as local Jeep/ multicabs do not enter the airport.

I forgot! U cannot take your bags on the GT mini vans, Jeeps, or multicabs from Cebu to Lapu Lapu, or from Lapu Lapu City to Cebu. if U got baggage, U are stuck for the most part with a cab.

If U pay for the space of the used seat, most wil allow, but other waiting passangers might make a fuss.

Jeeps/multi cabs/ GP vans are for the most part for locals as they figure U can afford a cab, and they can not.

Think about this.

Edited by RogerDat

Get your stop watch ready

Perhaps sun dial would be more appropriate. Seems about 25 minutes under way.

Roger: Of course.