Need a 2nd mechanic in/around Pajac...

ILoveCyrus

Please refer me to yours if you have a good one.  Totong is my usual mechanic and he's a good one.  However, he couldn't fix my gas needle that was not reading properly.

Problem: Fill the tank to full and the needle stays at mid or close to 1/4 full.  This is problematic.  Totong removed my complete gauge in dash and took it to an electrician who "soldered" it to fix contacts, etc..... OR whatever the heck they do to it.

Totong also removed the rear seats and inspected the gas float in the tank.  He did continuity check with is gauges, TO NO AVAIL.  No fix, no pay.

Who knows a good mechanic that can trouble shoot and FIX my problem???

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hve you tried edgars shop? .... its right across from Avatar on the way to Cordova  from Marigondon.  Good shop.  Its actually Edgars mechanic that does the work and Edgar the owner  is your translator if you need one.     Sounds like totong has  done all the usual suspect work. 

good work.

Scott

thebob

I don't know a mechanic in that area but it sounds like you need a new "sender" it is the electronic part that the float acts on in the tank.

What is the vehicle?

• Like 1

TO NO AVAIL.  No fix, no pay.

Dang ..Cyrus you redskins fans are thrifty.   YOu might consider tipping the man a Grande  Redhorse  for his efforts. ...Just sayin' 

Also you might try Mechanico Boyet... in Mahayahay.  He used to be an aviation mechanic before smoke  washed out his career.    But he is a great keeping  Multicabs running.    He also did a top overhaul  on my truck  and only  asked for 1500. 

I don't know a mechanic in that area but it sounds like you need a new "sender" it is the electronic part that the float acts on in the tank.

What is the vehicle?

I agree with thebob

• Like 1
ILoveCyrus

Its a Mazda 2 older around 2004 body style. 16valve 4 banger. 2nd hand for me but a good little car.

Knowdafish

Make sure the float on the sender isn't partially full of gas. It will cause the float to partially sink and give you a false reading similarly to what you are getting now. With the sender pulled from the tank it is easy to see if it effects the gas gauge in the cab the way it should. Full up should show a full tank as measured by the gauge and full drop should show an empty tank. Shake the float (if it is hollow) to see if it has any fuel in it. It should not be difficult to diagnose the problem as it is either the float, the sending unit in the tank, or the gauge. It is rarely the gauge's fault. The fact that you are getting some kind of reading eliminates a wiring concern, but does not eliminate that there could be a corroded ground connection somewhere which increase resistance and would contribute to a false reading. 

• Like 2
ILoveCyrus

Make sure the float on the sender isn't partially full of gas. It will cause the float to partially sink and give you a false reading similarly to what you are getting now. With the sender pulled from the tank it is easy to see if it effects the gas gauge in the cab the way it should. Full up should show a full tank as measured by the gauge and full drop should show an empty tank. Shake the float (if it is hollow) to see if it has any fuel in it. It should not be difficult to diagnose the problem as it is either the float, the sending unit in the tank, or the gauge. It is rarely the gauge's fault. The fact that you are getting some kind of reading eliminates a wiring concern, but does not eliminate that there could be a corroded ground connection somewhere which increase resistance and would contribute to a false reading. 

All good....but I do hope I find the mechanic that can do this for me.  I don't have the patience or know-how to even get started.

I do simple things like oil changes and brakes, etc.....LOL

Hey FISH.... can I come over your pad and you hook me up with all that you've said here?

Knowdafish

Hey FISH.... can I come over your pad and you hook me up with all that you've said here?

If you are willing to come to Dumaguete and furnish the tools, sure. All of my tools with very few exceptions, are in my sisters garage in So Cal. 

ILoveCyrus

LoL Fish.... Socal in the House. I hail from Long Beach myself.

Duma is far.....maybe next time.

Knowdafish

I hail from Long Beach myself.

Cool. I am an Orange County native. 

ILoveCyrus

we lived on Warner and Edwards in Huntington Beach for a while.  I'm a big OC fan with roots in LB.

Hve you tried edgars shop? .... its right across from Avatar on the way to Cordova  from Marigondon.  Good shop.  Its actually Edgars mechanic that does the work and Edgar the owner  is your translator if you need one.     Sounds like totong has  done all the usual suspect work. 

good work.

Scott

I'm looking for someone to do occasional work on my Landcruiser.  So you recommend this guy?   What is Avatar and which road are we talking about?  Thanks.