Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

GV Hotel Talisay

udonthani

National Highway, Tabunok, Talisay City, Cebu (Across McDonalds and Gaisano Fiesta)

I have selected it as a venue to conduct a series of interviews whilst I am in the area.

I guess it is on the highway, is it easy to spot driving in from the south? The company usually takes care to construct large, visible signs. Is it to the left or the right?

Paul

It's opposite the Gaisano. It's not nearly as large as other GV Hotels. But, it is fairly easy to recognize. It is directly across from the parking lot, just before the McDonald's. So, to clarify, it is on the southbound side of the highway, on the highway. 

Gus

National Highway, Tabunok, Talisay City, Cebu (Across McDonalds and Gaisano Fiesta)

I have selected it as a venue to conduct a series of interviews whilst I am in the area.

I guess it is on the highway, is it easy to spot driving in from the south? The company usually takes care to construct large, visible signs. Is it to the left or the right?

sorry dont know what side, but will be interested in your review, as I occassionaly need a budget room in that location..cheers

udonthani

GV's are not totally uniform, they are alike but not uniform. Their prices vary, the one in Mamambajao Camiguin comes in especially useful with aircon rooms with cable 600 and fan ones 400. I stayed in the Lapu Lapu one again last month, that is over 700 now.

there is not much in the way of budget accommodation in Talisay especially as they seem to have stopped selling the 800 peso fan rooms at the Villa Teresita. I think they have the staff sleep in those two rooms these days.

Edited by udonthani
  • Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

There has been a previous Thread on this Forum on GV Hotel, Talisay, shortly after it was created, since I remember posting a reply

Here it is :-

GV Hotel Opening in Talisay

tim 
....and here is a GV Hotel web site for anyone who wants to check them out...with permission of the mods... but it is for the GV Hotel in Cebu City
http://www.gvhotelgroup.com/

Attached Thumbnails

post-80-0-02648200-1303746409.jpg

as you can see it is across from McDonalds, by Gaisano Grand Fiesta Mall, Tabaunok.

It was formerly Citi Appliance - same owner apparently!

As I posted before:-

http://www.skyscrape...5&postcount=422

Naa na silay existing hotel in Cebu City

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak viewpost.gif..there was a news article long time ago that GV Hotel will use their property in Mambaling for expansion...so, mao ni akong guess...it's GV HOTEL's forray into residential condo business...a Leyteño (businessman) doing very well in Cebu!

xyxthumbs.gif
right! GV is into hotels and possibly condo na pud. naa na pud sila'y i-open sa tabunok formerly citi appliance (same owner).

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Half Baked

I'm here at gaisano mall if anybody is here to have a coffee. Wife shopping.. Bored

cheesemiz

pic a room low because no elevator.

udonthani

I picked a room on the 4th floor.

I asked what the difference was between the budget (575) and standard (675) rooms were and they said the standard rooms were 1st and 2nd floor. The top floor rooms, cost less. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

and yes it is worth 100 pesos to me to climb a couple of flights of stairs. That is almost two Grandes.

actually 575 is as low a price for an aircon room with cable, that I have seen anywhere in Cebu city.