New European Deli in Uptown Cebu

jtmwatchbiz

if anyone craves a good deli sandwich along with some great dinner dishes a belgian fellow just opened a nice clean deli in banawa in the rustans plaza called "brussels cafe". beautiful place that's got good aircon as well as outside seating, and the owner kris makes all his own bread and pastries, as he owns a big bakery business in liloan as well. 

just ate there yesterday with some of our watch crew and luke skywalker and i got a big deli baguette sandwich of imported ham and cheese with all the extras and a coke for 150p! it's worth a visit for some great fresh food for very reasonable prices. open 7am till 11pm and serves breakfast lunch and dinners as well as fresh brewed coffees and deserts. tell him the gwapo American watch buyer sent ya and maybe we will get a discount next time as luke sure as hell ain't gonna reach in his pocket to pay!

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 4
dc3driver

That must be the guy who owns & runs Eurobread. He must be doing well & getting a distribution network going. The Urban Cellar has a freezer full of his breads in stock.

• Like 1
Skywalker

Hey, I already told you I left my wallet in London by mistake!

I had a toasted cheese and ham sandwich that was really good, it's a sweet little venue and well worth a visit.  Clean, inexpensive and plenty of parking space.

Lordblacknail

So how do we get there? And the name of the place would be helpful.

Skywalker

a belgian fellow just opened a nice clean deli in Banawa in the rustans plaza called "brussels cafe".

Seems easy to me!

• Like 1
Wolfpack

if anyone craves a good deli sandwich along with some great dinner dishes a belgian fellow just opened a nice clean deli in banawa in the rustans plaza called "brussels cafe". beautiful place that's got good aircon as well as outside seating, and the owner kris makes all his own bread and pastries, as he owns a big bakery business in liloan as well. 

just ate there yesterday with some of our watch crew and luke skywalker and i got a big deli baguette sandwich of imported ham and cheese with all the extras and a coke for 150p! it's worth a visit for some great fresh food for very reasonable prices. open 7am till 11pm and serves breakfast lunch and dinners as well as fresh brewed coffees and deserts. tell him the gwapo American watch buyer sent ya and maybe we will get a discount next time as luke sure as hell ain't gonna reach in his pocket to pay!

I am surprised there are not more deli's here in Cebu...why no Subway ect...although the Subway I visited in Manila didn't even have a turkey sub or meatball sub...guess there are not many Jewish people in the Philippies...

jtmwatchbiz

I am surprised there are not more deli's here in Cebu...why no Subway ect...although the Subway I visited in Manila didn't even have a turkey sub or meatball sub...guess there are not many Jewish people in the Philippies...

the subway franchise was founded by a paesan from connecticut and we have quite a few Jewish friends in cebu.

That must be the guy who owns & runs Eurobread. He must be doing well & getting a distribution network going. The Urban Cellar has a freezer full of his breads in stock.

yep that's the guy :)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Wow 150 that's pretty good. I used to build my own sandwich at Tinderbox all the time years ago and it was a hell of a lot more than 150. 

jtmwatchbiz

So how do we get there? And the name of the place would be helpful.

actually i don't blame you for asking, as most of my posts are not worth reading past the first few words and those that do usually find themselves more confused than before they started :)

• Like 2
Wolfpack

Wow 150 that's pretty good. I used to build my own sandwich at Tinderbox all the time years ago and it was a hell of a lot more than 150. 

Tinderbox is a reliable place to buy quality deli meats...they used to carry Hebrew National Hot Dogs at a decent price...only place I can find those now is Rustans and they charge over 900 pesos for 4 one pound Hebrew National Hot Dogs...

turbo black

took your advice and went to the cafe for breakfast.my wife and i looked at the menu and she decided she wanted an omelet.the staff became very confused at this point as they did not have omelets on the menu.the cook said he did not know how to make one.my wife who is a trained chef told him how to make it and he still messed it up.my waffle came with no butter or syrup.maybe with a little more training of the staff it will be a good place to eat.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

took your advice and went to the cafe for breakfast.my wife and i looked at the menu and she decided she wanted an omelet.the staff became very confused at this point as they did not have omelets on the menu.the cook said he did not know how to make one.my wife who is a trained chef told him how to make it and he still messed it up.my waffle came with no butter or syrup.maybe with a little more training of the staff it will be a good place to eat.

Sounds about right... Unfortunately thats how the cookie crumbles in Cebu. 

.my wife and i looked at the menu and she decided she wanted an omelet.the staff became very confused at this point as they did not have omelets on the menu.the cook said he did not know how to make one.my wife who is a trained chef told him how to make it and he still messed it up...

Uh, I don't think it is fair to complain about them not succeeding with what is not on the menu..?

They even made a bit of an effort to accommodate your wish.

• Like 1