Sign in to follow this  
smidsy

Pissed off with this Forum !

Paul

Well, unfortunately, there are forums out there that only allow the rose colored versions to be posted, which causes trouble for the new guy once he has arrived. There have been a number of guys over the years, who have stated they were lucky they found this forum after landing, because they had been given the wrong information before coming.

This forum will always allow both sides,  and even those in the middle of the road, to post away. That is what makes Living in Cebu Forums number 1 amongst those who seek such information. :)

• Like 4

jtmwatchbiz

There is one on this forum, but beware - once you enter you can only leave in shameful abuse ! And your dark side comes out there !

i have met dc3driver and know he is nobody's fool, so handling the DK's romper room nonsense would be child's play.   

KID

I don't understand why when people have a problem with a threads content--- they just don't read the thread---- then everyone is happy

• Like 4

smidsy

I don't understand why when people have a problem with a threads content--- they just don't read the thread---- then everyone is happy

I did, a few times, but got tired of being ignored, and all the other sensible replies being ignored, by the determined thread starters whom only wanted to find the replies they wanted, which agreed with them and made them feel good. Then I had a few beers, and made this thread.

Hope thats ok, its how most of the threads get started?

Edited by smidsy
  • Like 3

Paul

Then I had a few beers

Do note: He's Irish. So, we all know what "a few beers" is to an Irishman - a crate. :D

• Like 1

tomaw

If you read my post, I never said they were, in fact I said that the sensible guys were being ignored or their opinions dismissed, with a common preference for the paranoia inducing guys. ie. misery loves company ! And recently its the "yea, they are all ripping us off" preference.

An American friend of mine told me a phrase, im sure iv got it wrong , but its something like "Its not as good as Arbys"

...... I said it (jackass) but you defined it. I agreed with what you said. Edited by tomaw

rainymike

I agree that all sides need to be heard for the value (good or bad) of the information. But I don't think this forum is representative of the expat population here. Maybe I'm in Phil Oz or someplace. But a majority of the expats I run across are on a different wavelength from the tone of the posts over the past week or so.

• Like 3

smidsy

Do note: He's Irish. So, we all know what "a few beers" is to an Irishman - a crate. :D

Well, what can I say, Id have 5 beers before I met up with you, the you'd have a few over a few hours, fall over & give up & leave :moon: , and Id have another 5+ beers after you left.

Not that its a competition, but I was still making sensible points by the time you left.

The Irish do drink a lot, but we have a moment of clarity, between the 5th & 15th beer.

After the 20th though, its just the Arthur Guinness talking !

• Like 1

Paul
the you'd have a few over a few hours, fall over & give up & leave

I see you have had enough beer today to make you delirious and delusional, as well. :D

Kim_

The Irish do drink a lot, but we have a moment of clarity, between the 5th & 15th beer.

Well, sure it's when you are to the tollet....

MattFromGA

Cause I read what some drunk angry guys

1. You seem Angry - The words "pissed off" kind of indicate that.

2. You wrote a diatribe to a forum, which most people do while drunk.

Fascinating.

• Like 2

Hamm

Sometimes I get really pissed off with this forum !!

Recently there have been many trends such as ..

....Is she ripping me off

.....She wont let me out

....Shes sick, but is she really

.... I fell in Love with a girl - is she a Bayut ??

....A bayut came up to me, so I humiliated her/him in a loud voice in Ayala (Smidsy add on: lucky to be alive that guy!)

....She wont let me have fun

....Her pig is ill but is the pig really ill

... Her Mama/Papa/brother is ill...

....Her boyfriend doesnt like me

... She is a mountain girl, and she says shes sick, but she says she's 150 degrees C - thats impossible, she must want my house

And in almost all the cases, its like ----- but I read LinC, so I know more than she does about Philippines culture now! Cause I read what some drunk angry guys, who were idiots & were led by heir little heads posted on the internet(I ignored the happy guys, they didnt make me feel good about myself), and by the way, you guys are great ! Please feed my paranoia, with more paranoia !

The arrogance, presumptuousness & downright self righteousness gets right up my nose !(WE Whites/wealthy people are better than THEM people)

What the feck ??

Sometimes I feel like posting, that some of yous should really just go the feck home !

Philippines isnt your country, and Philipines isnt America, and often this is the first country you have EVER REALLY visited(2 week holidays, staying in 5 star hotels dont count, neither do business trips) . Why dont you visit(6 months) a few more before you settle ??

There is a thing, its above your Penis, and below your heart ! (Some of you follow your penis or your heart)

Its called your GUT, use it, if it gets a bad feeling, its means your in a bad situation !

If not, you might be ok, but if you do find your in a bad situation, and your GUT didnt tell you, then, if your gut is shit at telling you, and then you shouldnt be in Philippines !

Just give all your money to the poor & go home, at least you be alive !

Maybe you should take up a hobby.

• Like 1

smokey

I always overlook all the juicy threads.

So what is your point? Everyone go home? 

or stop clicking threads he is not interested in 

• Like 1

smokey

I did, a few times, but got tired of being ignored, and all the other sensible replies being ignored, by the determined thread starters whom only wanted to find the replies they wanted, which agreed with them and made them feel good. Then I had a few beers, and made this thread.

well there are always two sides to every story and while you dont like what you term as negative or whining post i dont like people who post drunk they often think of themselves as smart and the more they drink the smarter then THINK they are ..., seems to me the people who have the brightest rose colored glasses are the ones who come here because of cheap booze and poor ????? they have no interest in changing anything for the better because then they can not be entertained cheap i think most of the so called complainers are just people trying to raise a family and most of the rose colored crowd are just trying to raise a glass

• Like 2

fred42

Well, unfortunately, there are forums out there that only allow the rose colored versions to be posted,

Looks like the very first one aint there anymore..Or at least it doesn't load.. Perhaps someone has had enough!!