Sign in to follow this  
smidsy

Pissed off with this Forum !

Kim_

LOL, somehow I think this post will dive to the DK....

• Like 1

Monsoon

.... I fell in Love with a girl - is she a Bayut ??

....A bayut came up to me, so I humiliated her/him in a loud voice in Ayala (Smidsy add on: lucky to be alive that guy!)

I always overlook all the juicy threads.

So what is your point? Everyone go home? 

• Like 3

smidsy

I always overlook all the juicy threads.

So what is your point? Everyone go home? 

Both what you quoted are true points, from the threads(im using poetic licence-of course) but from the last 6 weeks !

& NO, not everyone should go home, not at all, just the bitchy whiney self-righteous "I know their culture better than them cause I read it online, and Im better by birth, wealth & education" should go home !

Although I didnt live there as long as others have, whenever I met a new guy, within 5 minutes I got GUT feeling,if they would or wouldnt last.

Noone with the above attitude did last, and it was just a matter of waiting for the gossip.

Edited by smidsy

ahoy53

My My someones panties are in a bind

• Like 5

Paul

& NO, not everyone should go home, not at all, just the bitchy whiney self-righteous "I know their culture better than them cause I read it online, and Im better by birth, wealth & education" should go home !

And to brag just a bit, here. I HAVE met some Filipinos (some guys, some girls) over my years in country, whom I have known more about their culture than they did. But, it wasn't because I read it anywhere. it's because I lived it. 

• Like 5

tomaw

I totally hear and for the most part agree with what you're saying, but not every guy in the forum is a jackass. Those that rant and rave about relationship problems will probably have problems wherever they live and whether or not they're married to a Filipina, American or whatever. Another one that I can think of decided that because he had problems in the Philippines everybody else has got to have the same problems. if you're not as bitter and cynical as he is then you must be wearing rose colored glasses. LOL!!! But, There are those that have a very positive attitude and made a really good life for themselves in the Philippines. Headshot has a very good relationship with his wife and daughter and gives good advice in a variety of topics. James Musclewhite has been a very creative entrepreneur in the Philippines and has his kids in a good school. Smokey is giving me good advice on purchasing land, gaining title and building a house. So take people for what their worth and the forum can work for you. Good luck!

• Like 5

jtmwatchbiz

i understand what the OP is feeling and for me i think there are 2 scenarios that come to mind when i encounter someone who seems like a chronic whiner.

first they may be fairly well adjusted and savvy and just happen to want to blow off some steam because they hit a bad run and in a short while their luck will change and the feelings of persecution will fade and their outlook will improve.

then of course there are the chronic whiners who came from a sheltered lifestyle of working at some boring but safe job that never exposed them to the type of life where the realization that things can go very well or very wrong in the blink of an eye, thus developing some basic tools and street smarts to deal with unexpected problems. these wet-behind-the-ears people are not at all prepared for the real world ups and downs of living outside of kansas, and blame everyone else but themselves when things go wrong. life is not a bowl of cherries and most of us run into problems that are described on this forum, but the smart ones just take it in stride, dust themselves off and hop right back on the horse for the next ride. in the game of life, this world doesn't owe anyone anything, so best to stop complaining and make the best of it. like it or not, you're in the game.  

• Like 8

dc3driver

LOL, somehow I think this post will dive to the DK....

What is the DK?

smidsy

Mate, it's a good thing you are pissed of with a forum that allows you to start such threads.

Indeed !

And I agree completely that it is great that this forum exists, I would have been lost without it 10 years ago, and most(not all) are good people on the forum..

But, sometimes it takes a wrong direction, and you and your Mods often stop it before it goes too far, and pull it back on track. Its happened a few times.

But I would not be the first to say "Hold on, its taking a funny turn, its getting a bit off now."(although this is the first time I personally did)

Anyway, nothing personal, but sometimes the forum pisses me off & although I mostly hold back, even I, have to have a rant about the forum sometimes !

• Like 1

smidsy

What is the DK?

Its a bad place, where prawns are pealed, meat is cut, and gossip is spoken, only the evil ones enter !

There is one on this forum, but beware - once you enter you can only leave in shameful abuse ! And your dark side comes out there !

Edited by smidsy

broden

What is the DK?

pm thebob

smidsy
but not every guy in the forum is a jackass

If you read my post, I never said they were, in fact I said that the sensible guys were being ignored or their opinions dismissed, with a common preference for the paranoia inducing guys. ie. misery loves company ! And recently its the "yea, they are all ripping us off" preference.

An American friend of mine told me a phrase, im sure iv got it wrong , but its something like "Its not as good as Arbys"

Edited by smidsy

Dragonladies.org

Please don't make them leave Cebu!   That means  they may come back to where they are from, and we had a hard enough time getting them to leave in the first place!

• Like 6