Sign in to follow this  
spritsail

What to do when you lose everything in the typhoon ?

spritsail

My old english pal and filippina wife are staying with me for awhile. We picked him up in south Leyte penniless and lost everything when his small cottage and belongings were  washed away in the typhoon. All his documents were lost and he had just the clothes he stood up in. Any of you British members can advise what they should do to get some replacement documents  etc.

Durham

If he lost his passport he should inform the British Embassy in Manila, they should advise him on what needs to be done.

ozboy

Hong Kong is where he needs to apply for a replacement passport...its all on UK embassy site...

Its terrible to lose all documents like we did in a robbery, so id report it to police here confirming all loses, and contact your overseas bank etc....

If he has an I-card best he get in touch with immigration....took us 2 yrs to try n get a fully paid for replacement.....won't go into that fiasco..

Edited by ozboy

Brucewayne

They have their lives and hopefully their health.

I know what it is like to lose everything in a flood and a fire as well and understand how much stress and depression he must be suffering now.

Good on you for taking care of them.

If they need anything, post it and I am sure everyone who can will pitch in to help them.

• Like 1

spritsail

Mostly sorted, bank PNB were very understanding and was able to access his account. Slightly more problem convincing HSBC in London/mumbai to issue a new card to a new address. Wife's family live in Bongao, Tawi Tawi so prefers to stay here for the present. Will try consulate in Manila for their advice. Thanks for your input.