Gotta tighten the ol' belt a bit, if we are gonna...

... make it at the farm. 

I decided to check the water meter usage since moving into this apartment on November 2nd. We have used a total of 4,000 liters (4 m2) of water since the 2nd. If I do that at the farm, we will be taking dirt baths. However, there was a leak out side, pretty good one actually, that I had not noticed since moving it. We got it repaired a couple days ago. So, I think I will track this for another month and see where we are.

Of course, when you realize believe you have an endless supply of water, I am sure people tend use more than they would in a situation where they know they have to conserve. 

------------

Good news for us is - electricity usage is on par. We are at 67 Kwh for the month, so far. I have estimated before, we will only use about 100 Kwh per month, maybe less, after transferring to the farm.

Conservation. Conservation. Conservation. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i can just picture you on some kind of home made tractor every day singing green acres at the top of your lungs

• Like 3

Like I have said before, Green Acres is urban livin', compared to what we are gonna be doin'. 

Either way, let's keep this on topic. Give me hell about bein' "Farmer Paul" in another thread somewhere. 

Your farming Paul

... make it at the farm. 

I decided to check the water meter usage since moving into this apartment on November 2nd. We have used a total of 4,000 liters of water since the 2nd. If I do that at the farm, we will be taking dirt baths. However, there was a leak out side, pretty good one actually, that I had not noticed since moving it. We got it repaired a couple days ago. So, I think I will track this for another month, and see where we are.

Of course, when we realize we have an endless supply of water, I am sure people tend use more than they would in a situation where they know they have to conserve. 

------------

Good news for us is - electricity usage is on par. We are at 67 Kwh for the month, so far. I have estimated before, we will only use about 100 Kwh per month, maybe less, after transferring to the farm.

Conservation. Conservation. Conservation. 

Your farming Paul

Animals: cows, chickens, ducks - and guard dogs.

Crops: corn, rice, and sesame seeds.

I want to expand on the chickens, maybe ducks, over the next year. 

I want to get into, possibly anyway, fish. We haven't really discussed that, though.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Bucket shower?

I noticed because my wife insists on putting a bucket in our shower that the thing fills up pretty quick when im having a shower..showers are a big waste of water.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Animals: cows, chickens, ducks - and guard dogs.

I want to expand on the chickens, maybe ducks, over the next year.

I want to get into, possibly anyway, fish. We haven't really discussed that, though.

Build yourself a little smoker for those ducks. Mmmm mmm mmm finger lickin good.

Build yourself a little smoker for those ducks. Mmmm mmm mmm finger lickin good.

I don't know how to cook, and you want me to build a smoker? Do you realize I have yet to see a fire engine anywhere near the city, much less in the province?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I don't know how to cook, and you want me to build a smoker? Do you realize I have yet to see a fire engine anywhere near the city, much less in the province?

This is true. On both counts.

I thought you may come around to my way of thinking, on that topic.

Knowdafish

Sesame seeds? Are you going to be making hamburger buns?  :lol:

:P 

tobster

Since I started monitoring our usage and taken some steps to reduce our usage such as

finally finding that elusive water leak and fixing it has got our water bill down from P800 to P235.

Turning stuff off rather than being lazy and leaving it on has gotten our power bill down to P2666

I do want to go with the LED light bulbs and have found most places sell the 3W bulb for about P300 plus and the 7W bulb for about P500 plus. As most of our many lights in the sala/lounge had blown, I went for the incandescent 5W bulbs in blue, green and clear and at P14 each a bargain  so I bought ten at a cost of P140 which is about what I would have paid for one energy saver bulb. It's only a stop gap measure until I can find some decent priced LED bulbs.

Anyway early days and I am sure once I get the rainwater harvesting going I can get more serious on the solar.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I thought you may come around to my way of thinking, on that topic.

But if.you learn how.to cook.you wont have to tell me off when i send you messages about me eating ribs, pulled pork, brisket or burnt ends...

• Admin (Retired)
broden

get a good grain/oil mill

:P