Honda CRF250L

Can't deny the CRF250L is heavy for it's displacement but it is well balanced and I haven't noticed it (coming from a much lighter XT225).

Did some research to specs between the two bikes. Serow is the 2006 spec.

Does not look like it in the photos, but Honda for only extra 25cc,  is heavier by weight of an extra smallish Filipina on board.  Seat height  is about 3" higher. 

Wheelbase app 4" longer. Bigger bike overall, reason for more comfortable ride. Ground clearance an inch lower than 225. Tank capacity in the 225 is bigger by about   .3 gal.  Neither come with a kick starter.

I guess the liquid cooling and fuel injection would make up the difference in power to weight ratio. 

Nice looking bike.  I like the B&W on it as well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• Hy H

• David Kennedy

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked it up this week...     I think I may have found the perfect Philippine motorcycle for me....

They have a big bore kit for the CRF....  Must resist....  For now   Ordering parts from anywhere here is a PITA figuratively because they figuratively A rape you with import duties and shipping.

Yea, most things here are a mystery to me here.  Maybe Honda sets the price.  You would think they would be cheaper here since they are made in Thailand and it's much closer than the US, but then agai

Posted Images

Knowdafish

Local dealers in Dumaguete have the CRF250L for 192T

I saw that price once in the last month or so, but now they seem to want 213K - 217K? Price increase?

(They sell a white version in Thailand (that's where I ordered the white plastics from).

Ronin, how'd you go about ordering parts from Thailand? I'd be interested in some Honda or Kawasaki parts contacts over there

http://www.bikerzbits.com/

David Kennedy

I saw that price once in the last month or so, but now they seem to want 213K - 217K? Price increase?

I don't know, but I know the CRF250L at Robinsons Mall in Dgte across from Jollibee has a cash price of 192T on it right now

It's a Du Ek Sam display so maybe it could be bought thru their branch in Cebu as well?  The local Kawasaki dealer (GUD Trading) is selling that Honda as well, but I don't know the price

Edited by David Kennedy
David Kennedy

Looks like I need a newer bike-not much available there for my '07 KLX250

Just as well, I've been getting stuff from the US for it, and I think there isn't much left to add - other than a big bore kit ranging from 300cc-351cc

:)

Just as well, I've been getting stuff from the US for it, and I think there isn't much left to add - other than a big bore kit ranging from 300cc-351cc

They have a big bore kit for the CRF....  Must resist....  For now :D

Ordering parts from anywhere here is a PITA figuratively because they figuratively A rape you with import duties and shipping.

I think the best (which is often hard) is to find an online retailer that will ship to the Philippines via USPS.  No duties!

The Seat Concepts seat did that for me.

Most online retailers that I ask to ship to the Philippines (which of course is not a verified pay-pal address) treat me like I'm a prince from Nigeria.

• Like 2

Looks comfortable. But $160 bucks + $20 for installation + freight n duties for the pan each way would  make it more expensiv than the bike is worth.    :nea:

More expensive than a 07 KLX250?

If you know where you can get a KLX for that price I'll take 2 please.

More expensive than a 07 KLX250?

If you know where you can get a KLX for that price I'll take 2 please.

Yeah me too.

Nice bike, not trying to disagree here. 

Local dealers in Dumaguete have the CRF250L for 192T

After lunch today walked over to Honda shop on Velez street Capitol Cebu city.  Brand new one there. Still with plastic on seat.  Asked for a price?   p221+k Sir

So at p192k if on the market for one get it now.

After lunch today walked over to Honda shop on Velez street Capitol Cebu city.  Brand new one there. Still with plastic on seat.  Asked for a price?   p221+k Sir

So at p192k if on the market for one get it now.

I checked two shops in Bohol before I purchases last week - one shop 195k the other 192k.

Wow! they really are expensive aren't they. And that is the CRF250L not the R.

192k is about the same price they retail for in the US.  The R version is a totally different bike for a totally different riding.  The CRF250R retails in the US for about 319K pesos.

The R is a race bike and the L is a mild mannered on/off road bike that should be very dependable for many miles.

thebob

192k is about the same price they retail for in the US.

This is what surprises me. So you would imagine that the cost of running a dealership with insurance etc  would be the same there as here.