Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

Honda CRF250L

Hy H

Local dealers in Dumaguete have the CRF250L for 192T

After lunch today walked over to Honda shop on Velez street Capitol Cebu city.  Brand new one there. Still with plastic on seat.  Asked for a price?   p221+k Sir

So at p192k if on the market for one get it now.

Ronin

After lunch today walked over to Honda shop on Velez street Capitol Cebu city.  Brand new one there. Still with plastic on seat.  Asked for a price?   p221+k Sir

So at p192k if on the market for one get it now.

I checked two shops in Bohol before I purchases last week - one shop 195k the other 192k.

thebob

Wow! they really are expensive aren't they. And that is the CRF250L not the R.

Ronin

Wow! they really are expensive aren't they. And that is the CRF250L not the R.

192k is about the same price they retail for in the US.  The R version is a totally different bike for a totally different riding.  The CRF250R retails in the US for about 319K pesos.

The R is a race bike and the L is a mild mannered on/off road bike that should be very dependable for many miles.

thebob

192k is about the same price they retail for in the US.

This is what surprises me. So you would imagine that the cost of running a dealership with insurance etc  would be the same there as here.

Ronin

This is what surprises me. So you would imagine that the cost of running a dealership with insurance etc  would be the same there as here.

Yea, most things here are a mystery to me here.  Maybe Honda sets the price.  You would think they would be cheaper here since they are made in Thailand and it's much closer than the US, but then again the US probably sells more units, but then again the import tariff may be more here then again :idontknow:

• Like 2

Hy H

I checked two shops in Bohol before I purchases last week - one shop 195k the other 192k.

Well, there you go. Good deal then,  nearly 30k difference is a fair bit of savings to buy few additions to the bike.  Maybe this shop I had a look, is not accurate to refer as all of Cebu city dealer pricing.  My first time next to this bike. Very impressed with it actually. The saddle appears more comfy that it looks in fotos.

Ronin

I think the crf250l was a new model for 2013 and the 2014 model hasn't changed.

I have heard that when Honda introduces a new model the first year is less expensive to boost sales.

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 1

Ronin

Yea we ride double almost always so the mild mannered and cheaper crf250l is just the ticket.

Funny thing a Honda mechanic friend knew of a used crf250l with 1000 km that sold for 175k a couple of weeks before I bought mine. He didn't know I as in the market or he would have called me. The owner didn't like it and ended up buying an xrm. I kinda understand. The crf is a big bike for the avg sized Filipino.

• Like 1

Ronin

Will do, top speed two up is 117 kph indicated. Maybe a bit more she she's broken in. Ride is nice and cushy even for my passenger, I think that the aftermarket seat.

its very quiet and smooth.

this bike gets good reviews online and has a large following. Just have to accept it for what it is, its not a racer for sure but a nice fun ride around the island bike that can take the crappiest roads in stride.

My mechanic says I probably have the only black and white one in the Philippines so I named it snowflake :)

David Kennedy

@ ronin: I've emailed bikerzbits to see if they'll order the stuff through Kaw in Thailand and ship it here. I don't see why they wouldn't-but you never know.

Over on TT forum a guy  has you can replace all the plastic on a KLX for $100 using parts ordered from Kawasaki there. Odd the Kaw parts would be cheaper in Thailand-they aren't selling genuine parts cheaper than then USA in Dgte!

My bike's actually was manuf in Thailand (D-Tracker).  I don't know what happened to it before I got it but somewhere along the line just about all the plastic bubbled/flaked up and the previous owner scraped it off, leaving a decidedly distressed look to everything. I'll have to ask him how the paint looked when he got the bike...maybe someone wiped it with something or attacked it with paint remover as local yokels sometimes do?

The back of the front fender wasn't too bad-just normal weathering?  And the 2pc headlight shroud was 100% perfect for some reason. Maybe that was a Japanese part where the rest of the plastic was inferior(?) Thai plastic.

Anyway, even if I could just order it, I could pick it up in Thailand, stuff it in my empty suitcases, and jet back maybe the same day

Edited by David Kennedy

Canuck Joe

that must explain why so cheep compared to crf250 R as i rememba it was about $12,000+ (over 500,000 pesos) wen i was in australia. so this is the poor mans crf hehe but im sure it is all u need as the R is for full on racing.

an R bike will need way more maintenance specifically valve adjustments and rings and or piston replacements

Ronin

A special trio to Thailand just for parts?

You must love your bike :)

It's awesome that for $100 you can have a nee looking bike.

David Kennedy

A special trio to Thailand just for parts?

You must love your bike :)

It's awesome that for $100 you can have a nee looking bike.

There is an expat in Thailand who in March or so will order, box and ship for beer money and shipping costs. I think I could fly to Bangkok on promo for about  the same. I just need to be able to order in advance to save the week wait on parts

My bike looks like new,but it's painted. I'd rather have the color in the plastic.

Edited by David Kennedy