Sign in to follow this  
JLG

Cebu Pacific online booking working again

JLG

Cebu Pacific's on-line booking seems to be working again, I just booked and confirmed my domestic flight. using my NFCU VISA DEBIT card.

Thanks for purchasing a flight with Cebu Pacific! For your convenience, please print this itinerary and bring this with you at the airport along with one valid photo-ID (e.g. passport, driver's license, voter's ID, SSS ID).

To change your booking details, please click here.

Your booking details are as follows:

Print this page Done

ITINERARY INFORMATIONBooking date:Thu, May 22, 2008

Confirmation number:ADFJ8X

" some numbers have been changed to protect the innocent"

jersey girl

I think this answers the question I was just about to ask - how safe is it to book Cebu Pacific online. I guess from reading your post that it will be OK. We live in Sweden and want to book a trip from Bangkok to Cebu City in January.

Torestre
I think this answers the question I was just about to ask - how safe is it to book Cebu Pacific online. I guess from reading your post that it will be OK. We live in Sweden and want to book a trip from Bangkok to Cebu City in January.

I booked online with CebuPacific several times earlier. No problems.

poby

I booked online with CebuPacific several times earlier. No problems.

Just be careful as there are no refunds if you want to cancel. Well officially they say they will refund but I was told "minimum 60 days" and no maximum! I know someone still waiting for 2 years for his refund. I think it's a source of extra income as they never say they won't refund but they won't give you a date when it will happen and in practice it never does.

ATC_MAN

I booked in November 07 for a February 08 flight BKK-MNL-CEB and return with no problems from the UK.

I booked more flights last week and then had to change them, which you can do online.

It is only the "promo" fares (T class I think) that are non-refundable and do not permit changes.

Other fare classes do allow for refunds if cancelled or re-booked and they say 30-45 days for refunds to the card account.

I am due a refund, so will see what happens.

TheSwede

I booked in late 2007 without problems with my Swedish issued Visa card. During the last week I had a lot of problems with the same Visa Card! Really very frustrating. I get my payment declined every time. Now I am worried that Cebu Pacific will charge my account anyway without getting a ticket! I even got myself a new Visa card now and blocked this card. I am trying to book a Hong Kong - Davao flight. The only difference now is that the flight is not domestic. As so many others have said in other places on the internet, Cebu Pacific customer service is unreachable. I wonder if I should try again when I get my new Visa card? :D It is a pity because this airline have very good deals!

GoneAsiatic

For sure geting a refund is difficult if not impossible in some circumstances. The only time I actually got one is when I bought it at a CP ticket office and refunded it there.

As for their taking international credit cards, I tried in vain to book both domestic and international flights a couple of weeks ago and it did not work. I called a Cebu Pac agent who said they were "working on it". He wanted me to fax my credit card info to him. (Like I'm going to give them a license to steal?) I told him I would instead book on PAL. I did, even though it cost me more.

retired
For sure geting a refund is difficult if not impossible in some circumstances. The only time I actually got one is when I bought it at a CP ticket office and refunded it there.

As for their taking international credit cards, I tried in vain to book both domestic and international flights a couple of weeks ago and it did not work. I called a Cebu Pac agent who said they were "working on it". He wanted me to fax my credit card info to him. (Like I'm going to give them a license to steal?) I told him I would instead book on PAL. I did, even though it cost me more.

My wife is STILL waiting for a response from Cebu pacific as to why they debited her account for an on-line ticket purchase but never issued the ticket . Better to go in person or use an agent IMHO

World Traveller

I have booked with Cebu Pacific 3 times recently and each time only my visa will work as they will not accept my debit card!!

poby
My wife is STILL waiting for a response from Cebu pacific as to why they debited her account for an on-line ticket purchase but never issued the ticket . Better to go in person or use an agent IMHO

It's quite normal for the email ticket to never arrive. You often need to ring up numerous times to get them to send it. It's funny they rarely have trouble taking my money but it seems very difficult for them to actually send an email. I know someone who finally had the email arrive - 3 months after the flight had flown!

Mike S

Oh .... just a word to the wise Cebu Pacific will ask you for the card that you booked the flight with ...... they will then check to make sure it was the same card ... when I arrived in Taipei for my trip to Cebu they asked to see my credit card that I book with ...... I am not sure what will happen if you don't have it .... but I have heard of others giving the same information ......

emh1969

Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has problems with online transactions. So far I've been declined five times using two different cards. Very, very frustrating!!! May have to dig out my third card and see if that one will work.

JollyJim
Oh .... just a word to the wise Cebu Pacific will ask you for the card that you booked the flight with ...... they will then check to make sure it was the same card ... when I arrived in Taipei for my trip to Cebu they asked to see my credit card that I book with ...... I am not sure what will happen if you don't have it .... but I have heard of others giving the same information ......

I met a guy in the LA airport at the PAL counter. He did not have his credit card that he booked with and PAL made him buy a new ticket. He said the told him he would not be charged for the 1st ticket. He ended up right across the isle from me on the flight to Manila.

Edited by JollyJim

liquido

I just booked 3 trips for myself using my ING Debit Mastercard card with no problems..The reason why it works is because I signed up with Mastercard SecureCode .Im sure VISA has something similar...Im thinking this could solve the problem.......

Introducing... MasterCard

saulster

I had similar problems booking on CP mid June during my visit. Their Internet site rejected my card, didn't say any specific reason why and nothing on the web site about not accepting "foreign" credit cards. Called my ( USA ) credit card company to verify card OK, it was ( what a waste ). Called CP, on hold forever, very unhelpful agent informs me of "policy" of no "foreign" credit cards, period, Internet, phone, or in person! Since my friend in Cebu had already booked on CP, I had to make a special trip to one of their Manila mall stores and wait an hour to book my ticket.

I was completely unimpresed with the situation and attitude displayed. It's take it or leave it and I choose ( next time ) to leave it, I will fly Phillipine Air even if it costs a few pesos more. Worth it to avoid CP attitude and poor service IMHO.

It's nice to hear that they have now graciously decided to accept our "foreign" credit cards again, how nice that we can actually spend our money with them! For me, it's day late and many pesos short.

BTW, I did sign up for the previously mentioned "secure" program with verified passwords etc. and even that didn't help a bit, at least at CP.

I guess I am "too Western" to cheerfully accept this kind of crap. I understand that things are a bit different in PI, that's fine. But this is pure BUSINESS and poor business, period. If CP has ambitions to be a noteworthy international carrier, as they seem to say, this kind of practice and attitude will doom them to failure despite their pricing advantages, if they can maintain those in the long term anyway.

Saul

PS - I will post a complete trip report in a separate message later. Had a great visit and can't wait for another. S