gold blend coffee from guisano takes real bad.

musicman666

musicman666

i had to take back a jar of gold blend coffee to guisano today because it was literally undrinkable. Usually i get my coffee from sm. When i compared old my sm jar labels i noticed that it was made in korea. The guisano reject was seemingly from Indonesia and fed through manila.

i cannot believe that a manufacturer such as nestle would be fielding such different products under the same brand name. Its not like guisano are selling it cheap either.

given how bad it tasted and im talking the worst sari sari store sachet quality here if not worse that guisano might have got a dodgy load of counterfeit goods from the burmese jungle.....

either that or nestle are screwing up.

anyone have the inside line on this.....

jtmwatchbiz

we also prefer nestle gold and altho we haven't gotten a bad bottle yet, we noticed for a few months now it's been harder and harder to reliably find the stuff in grocery stores like robinsons fuente, both fooda locations and rustans banawa. i wonder if some sort of change in nestle's distributing or local warehousing is causing some different and possibly bad batches to be imported?  

mactanfamily

I hate all the coffee in Cebu. Saying that i don't even like Starbucks. It all tastes too strong and burnt to me. Not to mention super overpriced.

S and R used to have giant bags of Dunkin Donuts. I love that stuff. Funny how all those little dunkin donut shops don't even sell it.

CardiacKid

Coffee is often blended for local preferences. It is possible that Nestle Gold made for Indonesia might be quite different than the same label made for Korea. I gave up long ago trying to find good coffee on a consistent basis here. 

USMC-Retired

Just go to the Duty Free in SM and buy Maxwell house.  Not cheap but you can get it.

miles-high

I have tried them all… So far, the worst being the Culinary Exchange brand from Gaisano… :(

My fav for the last 6 months or so is The Blonde Willow Blend (whole bean) from Starbucks... :)

miles-high

Dunkin Donuts

Talking about Dunkin Donuts, I went to one in the J Center Mall a few days ago, and ordered a cup of coffee…

“Out of stock, Sir!” :shocked:

Dunkin Donuts without coffee? It’s more fun in Cebu (or is it in the Philippines)? :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
BossHog

Angel E. Fernandez Native Coffee Dealer and Cafe

Row C-37, Public Market, Zamboanga City.

Best coffee in d'Phils. Available sporadically in Mindano supermarkets. Not sure about Cebu. Don't tell everybody. Shh!