Scam or not? GF in hospital with dengue...

Ask her how much she needs.

How long has she been in hospital?

Ask someone to scan and fax the bill to you.

(Off topic, but I could not have a conversation with someone writing like that). I would run a mile.

Edited by jigsy
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sven

• Paul

• Monsoon

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, so I can no longer control myself :-) Now I texted her...   Hi sweetie, I have checked with some other people and found that natural remedies (like tawo-tawo) are not very effective in most ca

I guess you are in the Philippines now? If you are, why not visit her in her hospital? We are mobile people/transportation is cheap here. Buy a dozen of roses and visit her in her room. If she is ther

Hilarious. Sven will want to be hitting up the edit function toot sweet.   So, which outcome are you hoping for Sven?     a.) She's a garden variety scammer with no imagination        or     b

stevensanph

Say. Yes. Tell her to give you name and number of hospital so you can arrange payment. If she doesnt give shes scamming. If she does, check with hospital if she is there (google the hospital to check the number is right!)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I didn't understand that. If no medicine is available, what difference will cash make?

Keep in mind that in the Philippines they like to find medicine for everyone to take. My perfectly healthy pregnant wife went to a great OB in the states and then 2 weeks later in the Philippines some dickhead doctor prescribed her a medicine that has been banned in several countries that she didnt need.

Ive seen it myself, went to the hospital with a.pinched nerve and 30 mins later they are injecting me with anti stroke meds at $50 a pop. I was 39 at the time with no other indicators for heart problems. Not even high blood pressure.

Not all doctors are this way but by far most of them are. The key is.finding one that isnt.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Shes lieing. Ill put money on it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by SkyMan
removed quote
  • Like 1

Okay, so I can no longer control myself :-) Now I texted her...

Hi sweetie, I have checked with some other people and found that natural remedies (like tawo-tawo) are not very effective in most cases...

Normally, the best medicine prescribed for your condition is a cure of Ethylalcoholtubaplacebo. It is a liquid to be mixed and taken every day for 30 days, two times a day.

Is this what you need? It would cost around php 20,000 totally. Maybe I can transfer this to you today, if you let me know quickly.

P.S You should not sing karaoke if taking this medicine. Please promise to be careful with this?

• Like 9
stevensanph

I'm thinking

1) she says yes - you know she's scamming and that she's stupid

2) she googles the 'medicine' first and finds this page, gets mad at you etc - you know she's scamming, but smart

3) she says no, gives you the real name of what she needs, the number of the hospital etc - she's not scamming and, oh look, pigs are flying...

• Like 2
BossHog
2) she googles the 'medicine' first and finds this page, gets mad at you etc - you know she's scamming, but smart

Hilarious. Sven will want to be hitting up the edit function toot sweet.

So, which outcome are you hoping for Sven?

a.) She's a garden variety scammer with no imagination 

or

b.) She's quite ill in the hosptal with a Guiness Record temperature.

###

I'm bumping my probability of scam assessment to 99.4%

###

I find it slightly worrying that she does not seem to be working there... Just staying with a cousin. But then again, she never had much ambition.

On the contrary: the lass seems ambitious and contracting dengue regularly may be her full time occupation.

###

Better hurry up with those meds: Ethylalcoholtubaplacebo is highly perishable and will soon turn to vinegar.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 8

I'm thinking

1) she says yes - you know she's scamming and that she's stupid

3) she says no, gives you the real name of what she needs, the number of the hospital etc - she's not scamming and, oh look, pigs are flying...

4) She dies and everyone feels pretty bad for making light of a serious illness.

• Like 2
BossHog

She dies and everyone feels pretty bad for making light of a serious illness.

Very true.

To think, Sven nearly got separated from his beer money.

It was a close call.

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

4) She dies and everyone feels pretty bad for making light of a serious illness.

Not hardly. By her own admission her fever has started to subside. Actually, true dengue comes in waves. You get better then feel like your going to die (repeat x's 10) then your better. 

Edit - then on the final wave usually comes a rash, appearing almost instantly before your eyes like in a sci fi movie. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1

4) She dies and everyone feels pretty bad for making light of a serious illness.Guil

Guilt?

This reads like a movie trailer. 

just call the hospital and get this over with... (is she there yes or no?)

if you know she's scamming keep going with the scam for a while.. at least she won't have time to scam a other one..

to stretch time, say things like, I'm waiting for my brother to send me money, the bank is closed, they took my bank card and I have to get new one..(these are al very recognisable and acceptable Philippino excuses and she won't know for a whole that ur bulshitting)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I would stretch it a bit, let her really think the money is coming. Even say, "I'm sending you an extra 5k sweetie so you can buy something good to eat something nice for yourself after going through all that." 

Then tell her you sent it via Llullier or wherever. 

By the way, did she expect you to send it to her? So how was she going to pick it up if she's so ill?