Scam or not? GF in hospital with dengue...

Quick calendar check.  How many months has it been since you were "intimate" with the lass?  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sven

• Monsoon

• Paul

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, so I can no longer control myself :-) Now I texted her...   Hi sweetie, I have checked with some other people and found that natural remedies (like tawo-tawo) are not very effective in most ca

I guess you are in the Philippines now? If you are, why not visit her in her hospital? We are mobile people/transportation is cheap here. Buy a dozen of roses and visit her in her room. If she is ther

Hilarious. Sven will want to be hitting up the edit function toot sweet.   So, which outcome are you hoping for Sven?     a.) She's a garden variety scammer with no imagination        or     b

I am one of those people who had a former gf in PI who was allegedly in the hospital with dengue. We spoke on the phone a few times during the week she was allegedly ill. Acted like she was on death's door.

I was Facebook friends with her bff and asked her how my gf was doing. The bff seemed strangely unworried. This raised my concern but not enough to doubt my gf, who also had another friend contact me with reports on her condition.

I fully well expected to get asked for financial help but strangely that request never came. She went home from the hospital and gradually recovered. I paid nothing.

Of course the story was completely untrue. No dengue, no hospital - nada. It was a game, possibly to keep me interested in and worried about her. After the relationship was over, the bff acknowledged what I already was pretty sure of - that my gf had never contracted dengue. 

So definitely contact the hospital directly. Do not assume that friends or messages on FB are enough. And if money is requested, get to see the bill.

• Like 1
mactanfamily

This is highly suspect already as she has stated "medicines are very expensive". Thats just not true for Dengue.

So you arrive back last week, text hello, and BAM she has dengue and needs cash? If she is working as a maid, they should pay the bill.

Fever of 46? 

Even if its true, I would only pay the Hospital directly.

• Like 1

About costs; I was in the Adventist hospital in Palawan for 6 nights with dengue in October 2013

I didn't get DHF but I (or the insurance company) coughed up 42,000 pesos for everything.

Amazingly , they never asked for money upfront....( I could have done a runner lol)

In general if a local asks you help out , ask her for the phone number of the hospital and the ward she is in( to see if she is pulling your leg)....or better still visit her.

• Like 1
thebob

- Plastered good wishes and herbal remedy advice all over her Facebook pages, with suggestions that friends and family should visit her in hospital.

Avoid the herbal remedy at all costs, ineffectual and often interferes with treatment.

• Like 2
shadow

So definitely contact the hospital directly. Do not assume that friends or messages on FB are enough. And if money is requested, get to see the bill.

Bills are often fakes...

shadow

In general if a local asks you help out , ask her for the phone number of the hospital and the ward she is in( to see if she is pulling your leg)....or better still visit her.

No, don't ask her for the hospital number, find it elsewhere. If you ask her she will gladly supply the number for her freind who will play along....

• Like 2
mikejwoodnz

86.3% likelihood of scam.

86.3% of Internet Statistics are made up.

• Like 4
quit_yume

her friends and relatives will not let on to you if they know its a bs story..  they will play dumb.   i have found in the course of a few different relationships with filipinas that they pretty much all will side with their own and they all understand that its' them vs us.   if you ever find one that sides with you against her culture then you have found a keeper but that takes a lot of luck and a lot of time to find.

Edited by quit_yume
  • Like 6
stevensanph

to be fair, if you go to a hospital here with a fever, the first thing they do is cry 'dengue'!!

The next step is to (try) and confine you (they make money doing that)... of course, they let you out 3 days later (with your wallet 10's of k lighter) when your fever goes away and they realise it was just a fever...

Dengue is serious, but in my experience (having over 300 staff) the majority of call outs for 'dengue' turned out to be a mild fever.  I can only remember in 4 years one case of reported dengue that was actually dengue...

• Like 1

Quick calendar check.  How many months has it been since you were "intimate" with the lass?  

6 or 7 months.

The girl seems to be making a speedy recovery. But now she needs money... Someone said these things can get expensive fast, but I did not expect it to be that fast!

I would not normally share with others the details of a private conversation, but I think it is justified in this case, as I am almost 100% sure this is bullshit.

So here are today's messages between me and her so far:

9:43am, Sven
Hi sweetie how are you today?

10:08am, GF
My plalates is going up na.  And my fever is going to nurmal na. I want to go home na. Im wory of the bel her.

10:19am, Sven
Sounds good honey  What's your platelet count today?

10:22am, GF
62,000 swetie

10:24am, Sven
Ah, that's much better  Yesterday it was 20,000, right?

10:26am, GF
Yes swetie. Im try to going trong

10:28am, Sven
Good girl 
But yesterday your fever was 46... How much is it today?

10:30am, GF
Today is only 39 temparature swetie

10:33am, Sven
Very good, I'm happy for you 
Did they say you can go home soon? Today already..?

10:46am, GF
Yes swetie anytime i can go home. but the problem is i need to bay my all madecen swetie im sory i dowana do this becouse im shay but i need your help swetie to bay may medecen
Becouse my cousen not apord to by may all midecen

11:02am, Sven
I see.. What is the name of the medicine you need to buy?

11:11am, GF
My cousen no of that name of my midicen i need.  Can  you anser me swetie . You help me or not. Becouse im so tirde of now. Pls

Any ideas as to what is the best way to proceed?
Ideally I would like to establish as clearly as possible if she is lying. Not sure if I should confront her though?

By the way, nobody else on Facebook has commented on her supposedly life-threatening condition, after I drew attention to it. But one bloke today posted something else to her timeline.

I have asked her repeatedly if "MCI hospital" means Medical Center Imus, but she did not answer.

The hospital cost money, Doctors fees, IV fluids, If its sever platelet infusion. It all cost money. yes there is no medicine that can cure it. Basically u wait it out and a hospital is much better place to do it should it take a turn for the worse.