Scam or not? GF in hospital with dengue...

thebob

I would hate to get Dengue, OR Japanese Encephalitis.

You should be vaccinated for Japanese Encephalitis. Very few infections actually lead to the disease, but you can still transmit it to others. By having the inoculation you are ensuring that you aren't infecting others.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sven

• Paul

• Monsoon

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, so I can no longer control myself :-) Now I texted her...   Hi sweetie, I have checked with some other people and found that natural remedies (like tawo-tawo) are not very effective in most ca

I guess you are in the Philippines now? If you are, why not visit her in her hospital? We are mobile people/transportation is cheap here. Buy a dozen of roses and visit her in her room. If she is ther

Hilarious. Sven will want to be hitting up the edit function toot sweet.   So, which outcome are you hoping for Sven?     a.) She's a garden variety scammer with no imagination        or     b

Thanks guys, you have given me some excellent ideas.

I have exchanged a few more messages but it is hard to get facts from her. That may be for good reasons though. She was never good with facts when she was healthy either.

She does say her platelet count is 20.000 and her fever is 46.

She says she goes to sleep now. I told her I'm prepared to help her.

If those numbers are true, I think she will not wake up tomorrow...

If she does, I will pursue it further and talk to the hospital then.

There are supportive therapies, IV to guard against dehydration etc.. In severe cases then blood transfusions can be life saving. It gets expensive fast. I've been through it a few times with family members and friends.

Ok, but those are not things you can buy in a pharmacy...

Is it not then better to pay hospital bills directly, than to send cash?

CardiacKid

She does say her platelet count is 20.000 and her fever is 46. She says she goes to sleep now. I told her I'm prepared to help her. If those numbers are true, I think she will not wake up tomorrow... If she does, I will pursue it further and talk to the hospital then.
If that temperature is correct, she would have already been dead. 
  • Like 5
miles-high

I guess you are in the Philippines now? If you are, why not visit her in her hospital? We are mobile people/transportation is cheap here. Buy a dozen of roses and visit her in her room. If she is there, arrange the best care for her money can buy. If she is not there, give the roses to the first female doctor you meet at the hospital... :D

• Like 9

If her fever is 46 that is 114.8 in the US - I am afraid she is dead - or definitely incapable of speaking 

Thanks guys, you have given me some excellent ideas.

I have exchanged a few more messages but it is hard to get facts from her. That may be for good reasons though. She was never good with facts when she was healthy either.

She does say her platelet count is 20.000 and her fever is 46.

She says she goes to sleep now. I told her I'm prepared to help her.

If those numbers are true, I think she will not wake up tomorrow...

If she does, I will pursue it further and talk to the hospital then.

Persons with heat stroke, a life-threatening condition, have reached temperatures as high as 113° F (44.4°C).  Heat stroke is a danger to marathon runners, who may reach temperatures as high as 105.8°F (41°C) and recover—or may continue on to heat stroke. A temperature of 106°F (41.1°C, measured rectally) is a medical emergency; treatment of heat stroke is begun by immediately plunging the patient into an ice-water bath.

In children, temperatures of 106°F and above are often accompanied by convulsions. At 108°F, brain damage is common.

Temperatures of 114°F (45.6°C) and above are “incompatible with life.”

EDIT: other posts were in process as I finished mine. Sorry.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

20,000 is low and it' definitely serious. There is usually 7 days of consecutive dropping so if it's early in the 7 days, she could be in a bad way.

shadow

Ok, but those are not things you can buy in a pharmacy...

Are you talking about the drip equipment and solution? Yes, you can buy it at many pharmacies.

JamesMusslewhite

They give IV's, antibiotics both oral and in shot form for dengue. Where we lived before the couple below us lost their child to dengue, she feel sick and they took her to the hospital and she died the next morning.   My niece almost died from dengue, spent over 3 days in the hospital, and cost 15-20,000 pesos. Dengue is no joke.

So don't help her

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I didn't understand that. If no medicine is available, what difference will cash make?

sick or not i always feel better when someone sends me cash

• Like 3
CebuKano

Perhaps send her a few thousand up front just for IV's, etc, internal stuff the hospital may want immediate payment for. The "big" bill should be for the hospital stay itself which normally is settled prior to discharge. That way you will have peace of mind that she's receiving proper care while you investigate the matter further. We've had some close friends that came down with dengue and it can be deceptive at first. People have texted us upon being admitted to hospital and say that they aren't that bad off but the next following days it starts to kick their ass.

• Like 3

dum question,

but how will she get the money from you?

she ask cash?

whom you have to give it to? (she is in the hospital and can't leave)

wy don't u offer to come to the hospital and pay the bill? 

Edited by toshi
  • Like 2

I've done a couple of easy things now...

- Contacted the common friend we have, to hear if he knows or can find out about this.

- Plastered good wishes and herbal remedy advice all over her Facebook pages, with suggestions that friends and family should visit her in hospital.

So if she is faking it, she will have some serious explaining to do... And if not, more people will be on the case. That's the Filipino way I think.

Tomorrow will contact that hospital.

• Like 7

she will have some serious explaining to do

The overall strategy is good but don't bet on anyone forcing her to explain. I hear about cousins' and friends' antics from time to time from my partner. Although she does really disapprove, it's pretty mild, and noone else in the family seems to care one way or the other.

• Like 1