Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

Carcar question : where does this road go

miles-high

052A0281.JPG

052A0282.JPG

052A0283.JPG

These photos may or may not help identifying the road in question... You can see Gaisano right of the church in the first pic... :)

• Like 1

Nangulo

Try this - from roadguide.ph

post-70-0-09559500-1385423350_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Paul

That seems to be much more accurate than Google Maps.

USMC-Retired

Sad thing about URock Closing.  Not to sure why he left however it was suppose to be temporary that turned into forever. The food was pretty good and excellent for the price.  

thebob

roadguide.ph is infuriating because they wrap up their maps in .exe files that can only be opened by a very peculiar mix of outdated Garmin software.

Nangulo

I did all of those minor roads, myself.

• Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

Try this - from roadguide.ph

RoadGuide.ph V2.29 is the latest Contributors Map version I believe.

It looks like you may well be a RoadGuide.ph Contributor Nangulo as the RG.ph Map you posted, seems the same as latest version RG.ph V2.29, for Carcar at least.

post-70-0-09559500-1385423350_thumb.jpg

Green Trail Rides Cebu added many of the tracks  to the North of Carcar, up in the hills.

post-198-0-79299700-1385443464_thumb.jpg

This is zoomed in on South of Carcar (the Map detail is lowered so all the POI's (Points Of interest) are not showing.

post-198-0-58883100-1385441313_thumb.jpg

Compare with the free available OpenCyclemap (with contours)

post-198-0-21436200-1385441316_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

udonthani

Sad thing about URock Closing.  Not to sure why he left however it was suppose to be temporary that turned into forever. The food was pretty good and excellent for the price.  

Ron said it was for family reasons, I didn't got into that resto all that many times but when I did but it seemed to be doing pretty well to me and I had no reason to disbelieve him when he said it was making a profit (though it must surely have only been a modest one). I doubt whether the business was failing although it definitely did when he decided to keep it open while he was back in the states.

as for the road I asked my Carcarana (is that a word?) companion where it went, and she said 'the beach' so it appears to be that long straight line on David's map that veers in a south eastern direction and then doubles back to form a triangle in the right hand bottom corner.  I asked whether 'the beach' was any good and she shrugged to mean no not really, Carcar is still too close to Cebu and also probably too big in its own right for the water to be clean. I'll probably spend another night there in a few days so might have time to check this alleged 'beach' out.

there is a turn off not so far past where Ron's place used to be with a sign that says SIBONGA and it makes perfect sense for a road to be leading  that way from there.

Paul

Ron said it was for family reasons,

Yeah, it was for "family" reasons alright. LOL I won't go into it. But, part of it WAS that he couldn't handle it in the Philippines. 

So, he went back home with his tail between his legs.