Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

Carcar question : where does this road go

udonthani

you are heading north from the traffic island, pass the Gaisano on your left and then the ricefields, on your right. Keep going until you go up the hill and then there is this right turn.

forummers with longer memories will remember this is where Ron's restobar UROCK was situatedcabout 1kn down it - and which remains to this day the very best foreigner eatery I have ever seen in the Philippines 2.5 years after it closed.

my question is, where does this road, end up?

Paul

If you go all the way down it, it will stop at the water. You will then have to turn right, where it will make a loop and turn back around on itself. There is a turn off the road, though. I don't know where that goes. I think it is the first right? Been too long since I went down it. Sorry.

Skywalker

Nothing to add

Edited by Skywalker

Paul

Maps are not always accurate. Again, actual "boots on the ground" experience is what people need, sometimes. 

Skywalker

Nothing to add.

Edited by Skywalker

Paul

I went to Google Maps. While I am not as "voiced" in it as some people may be, I do know the geography of Cebu. I have traveled on just about every single road in the province of Cebu. The Google map showed the road ending, not coming back around and intersecting itself. I would have used it as an example had it been correct.  

No need to be a smart ass about it. 

Paul

This is the road he is talking about. 

Screenshot 2013-11-25 10.34.53.png

udonthani

There are maps here!  I have road maps of the city and the island and close provinces (other islands!).

Alternatively you can try google maps.

lol. You have clearly never really used the maps here. A lot of them are useless and google maps are particularly bad. I saw one that had Kawasan Falls right in the middle of the island up the mountain last week. And you do not really need a road map of Cebu city. It is not like Manila. It is small and you can learn the main arteries landmarks and short cuts in only a few days.

the one of Cebu that is on the map section of this forum I have printed it out and still use it it is good, but not especially detailed.

Paul

I believe that road to be called Valladolid Road, as well, Whippy, after the barangay in which is lies.

udonthani

If you go all the way down it, it will stop at the water. You will then have to turn right, where it will make a loop and turn back around on itself. There is a turn off the road, though.

Sibonga. Or at least that is what the sign says.

btw no trace of U ROCK is left now. It had become a pinoy eatery last time I was here, but it is now just a private house. The bottling plant factory or whatever it is opposite is still there.

Paul

Nothing to add

Nothing to add.

By the way, although off topic, it is s good time to make a point. The above quotes are exactly why I set time limits for members to edit their posts. 

• Like 1

Paul

Sibonga. Or at least that is what the sign says.

btw no trace of U ROCK is left now. It had become a pinoy eatery last time I was here, but it is now just a private house. The bottling plant factory or whatever it is opposite is still there.

Where is the sign that reads "Sibonga"?

Ron returned to the states, having to go back to work. He couldn't make it like he thought he could, in the Philippines. 

hoz
Where is the sign that reads "Sibonga"?

I thought Sibonga was further south of Carcar, and where the turn inland to that big "monastery" is located. The place of miracles and Momma Mary.

Edited by hoz

Paul

I thought Sibonga was further south of Carcar, and where the turn inland to that big "monastery" is located. The place of miracles and Momma Mary.

It is. That is what confused me when whippy posted it. Hopefully, he will post to clarify what he meant. 

miles-high

cebu 007.JPG

Sibonga is a town next to Carcar so I wouldn't be surprise to see the sign in Carcar...

cebu 008.JPG

From Sibonga, you can see Carcar... well, almost... ;)

images4.jpg