No Fixed Address

I was born and raised in the 'backwoods' of Australia.

My fraternal grandfather was one of the original government sponsored growers of rice in Australia. And curiously it was a Japanese member of the Japanese Royal Family that came out to show Australia how to grow rice in the late 1880's because he could see that Japan was going to need resources!

My maternal grandmother was born and raised in a village that no longer exists in Northern Victoria where Ned Kelly's sister lived.

My maternal grandfather was born and raised in the village where Ned Kelly's mate belted the policeman that assaulted a young girl!

My family connections are English/Irish/Italian/German and I have 72 first cousins in Australia. Some of their children have gone back to the world at large and I am quite proud of their achievements as well as my cousins.

I was raised in an era without electricity so I was taught to read by the time I was 4.

My first schooling was from my paternal grandmother and then 'School of the Air". The first government school I went to had 11 children. 4 of whom came by horse and sulky!

Cheers

corowa is a pretty nice place for bush humor!

they get passionate though.

Edited by No Fixed Address
CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find what you are looking for here. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find what you are looking for here.

freedom of speech!

There'll be none of that here, lol!

It's the only web site in the world that does have freedom of speech!

and despite claims to the contrary, programmable computers were pioneered by a team in Australia in 1954. Admittedly funded by other country money! And the bloke that led the team was a Norwegian!

Brucewayne

and despite claims to the contrary, programmable computers were pioneered by a team in Australia in 1954. Admittedly funded by other country money! And the bloke that led the team was a Norwegian!

Oh yeah?

Well, Al Gore invented the internet, so there!

Brucewayne

Are you trying to say that U.S. history classes are lying to us?

I know they did when it came to Kennedy and Paul Revere and probably countless other things.

http://german.about.com/library/blerf_zuse.htm