miles-high

He wants to stay here for a month and want to know of the tourist visas here

Hahaha, the answer is very simple… fly to Manila, Clark or Cebu with a return ticket, get a stamp at the immigration booth. That’s it… When the date on the stamp nears, go to an immigration office and get an extension, if needed. Or he can fly to Hawaii or wherever he wants to and come back agian with a return ticket.

I don’t know anything about UK visa so I am sure other members will reply… :D

NB Make sure his passport's validity is 6 month or longer....

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BestGirl

• Pedro

• miles-high

• Paddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They aren't, but they should be... 

You're right. But I did not say I was embarrassed. Please read carefully.

It’s sad when you cannot go to your own home with your loved ones, married or not… There may be thousands of reasons for this but it’s a sad state of affair, nevertheless…

Posted Images

yes as tourist from the uk you get 21 days upon entry. after that you have to extent very easy.

Hi BestGirl and welcome aboard. LinC is an interesting place.

Your BF has two choices for a visa of "about a month". He can, with his British passport and an onward ticket (usually the return), get a 30 day visa on arrival. Alternatively, he can apply for a 59 day tourist visa from the Philippines Embassy in London - see this page http://philembassy-uk.org/consular-matters/visa.

For you to get a visa to travel to the UK can be extremely difficult and it depends largely on your circumstances. If you have a good job and can demonstrate that you would be a bona fide tourist (a general visitor), you might be able to get a tourist visa in your own right. See this page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/requirements/

If you need to ask questions or seek advice regarding fiancee or spousal visas for the UK, this group seems to be pretty good http://www.filipinouk.co.uk/forum/forum.php

Good luck!

Well, I don't have a permanent job yet and its hard to get a job for more than 6 months here. I am more dependent on my small business here on Cebu City.

for a 1 month visa there are no problems for your bf.

let him come and see if all fits.

after you can find a way for you both

SkyMan

Coming from Negroes is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Careful Boss, my wife is Negrosian. Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

Well, I don't have a permanent job yet and its hard to get a job for more than 6 months here. I am more dependent on my small business here on Cebu City.

Given this, it will be much easier for him to visit you. All he needs is a UK passport valid for the duration of the stay plus 6 months and a return ticket. 

If he is an inexperienced traveler, I would recommend an airline that has routes from Heathrow or Manchester to Manila and/or Cebu so that there is no need to change airline mid-trip (baggage can be checked all the way through etc). Cathay Pacific (my personal favourite), Emirates, Singapore Airlines all fit the bill and there are a couple of others. Also, if he is a inexperienced traveler, meeting him at the arrival airport might be wise. Whichever route he takes, it is a long time to sit in an economy seat!

Tell him to be prepared to stay in Cebu with you, for a while. Not sure how long it will take. But, it will not be nearly as easy for you to go there, as it is for him to come to the Philippines.

yes as tourist from the uk you get 21 days upon entry. after that you have to extent very easy.

It is 30 days now

• Like 1

I'll ask him how long he is planning on staying here in the Philippines. We would try to work out on that UK tourist visa thing..

Yes - 30 day visa on arrival

different story.........addressed to paul