Gotta have ME time in a marriage

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I'd rather be the entertainment at a bayut bachelorette party then go shopping with my wife. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• jtmwatchbiz

• Headshot

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The standard allowance for wives is currently 50,000 a month.   If you're giving her less than that maybe you don't really love and respect her.   Also, you need to spend more couple time.

I hope she has a sense of humor, with some of the shit you guys are posting in this thread.        I need to have a talk with J!

Are all these relationship/family threads that you are starting purely so your wife will read them so you don't have to actually address the issues with her in person? Are you also possibly hoping tha

Wolfpack

I'd rather be the entertainment at a bayut bachelorette party then go shopping with my wife. 

depends how you define..."going shopping with your wife"...

for me, I sit at tgi fridays...and she is set loose in the mall...dont think anyone walks hand in hand with their wife while she shops..do they?

jtmwatchbiz

dont think anyone walks hand in hand with their wife while she shops..do they?

if i answer will everyone promise not to make fun of me?

• Like 1
smokey

depends how you define..."going shopping with your wife"...

for me, I sit at tgi fridays...and she is set loose in the mall...dont think anyone walks hand in hand with their wife while she shops..do they?

i drop mine off and go to a movie and still do even here in cebu

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

it's interesting when life experience allows us to compare and contrast 

dont think anyone walks hand in hand with their wife while she shops..do they?

most of them walk with both hands firmly clasped on their wallets

• Like 3

To OP, I agree with you.  Although every marriage is different, some couples like their individual time (ME time) and others like to do everything together.   One of my "screening criteria" while dating before I married my wife to was to see how well she was able to keep herself occupied and entertained independent of me.  I wanted a happy wife who didn't need me to be the sole provider of her happiness 24/7.  She has close ties to family, which I've always liked, and now after 13 years of marriage have a lot more insight into (and now I like it even more as her family has become my family).  In a marriage I wanted a healthy, mutually fulfilling and mutually balanced mix of things we like to do together, and things that we do separately and don't need each other's participation or permission to go off and do.

Having a wife that wanted or needed me around every single minute would drive me nuts.

I agree, I'd be whacko after a day of nose to nose. 

I see people who love to live in each other's pockets.

But often their dialoque is a bit dark.

I don't.  For me it's boring, stifling and selfish.

Requiring constant attention is a real problem.

Similar to the need for constant network connection.

Some will be a character in la la land forever. They hope.

I will not be an entertainment director.

If it's control you want....find a dog to leash.

If 'deprived' some will feign depression.

Personal spiritual responsibility isn't discussed.   

You can't do other people's time.

You gotta do your own time.