Sign in to follow this  
That Masked Man

First Time Posting, First Time in the PH

Captainmike

Welcome...

That Masked Man

Welcome

I used to go to Burlington coat factory,and buy naturizer  shoes for my wife.Way cheaper in the states then they sale in Alyala mall in Cebu.

Another thing I need to buy before I go - SHOES!

roaddog

Be sure to bring triple antibiotic cream. I just use the equate brand. That little scratch you wouldn't even think about back in US will be draining here the next morning. Always drink bottled water only. Doesn't matter if 5 star hotel. Ice in the plastic is a diffinate No No. It takes a lot longer than a 3 week stay to become immune to the germ warfare the RP will throw at you.

Brucewayne

I will be spending the first few days of my trip without her. Meeting her family isn't until the local fiesta by which point I will have been there over a week. I have met several of them online as well and would like to see them in person. Plus I have chocolates for the nieces and nephews. However, the visit with the family is only about 1/3 of the trip. And while the idea of marriage has been brought up, I am not going in totally blind. I know there is a possibility that it will not work out and I want to make sure that it will before I make a commitment that is difficult and expensive to get out of should I be wrong. I am in love and therefore a little bit crazy, but I am not stupid. Thank you all for reminding me to keep my wits about me on that front as well though.

When I said "I do" in front of the preacher, it was the last time I was allowed to speak on my own in front of my wife.

Or so she thought for years and still does to a certain extent.

Don't lose yourself for her or any woman, it is too hard to keep control if you do.

Monsoon

I would also recommend a tube of anti-fungal creme. Which is basically anti-jock itch cream (or for athletes foot, same thing). For some reason it is rather expensive here for just a small satchel whereas you can buy a big tube from walmart or CVS rather cheaply. I have also had difficulty finding it while in remote areas.

And do use it at the first sign of irritation/itch or you will be sorry! 

Edited by Monsoon

Kodiak570

Another thing I need to buy before I go - SHOES!

Small perfumes, and big bottles of shampoo and conditioner, will also go over well with the ladies. As for shoes, I wear 14 2E and something like these work great for indoor and outdoor use:

shoes_ia95909.jpg

Headshot

I would also recommend a tube of anti-fungal creme. Which is basically anti-jock itch cream (or for athletes foot, same thing). For some reason it is rather expensive here for just a small satchel whereas you can buy a big tube from walmart or CVS rather cheaply. I have also had difficulty finding it while in remote areas.

And do use it at the first sign of irritation/itch or you will be sorry! 

Agreed. A tube of Tinactin will do nicely. It will work on underarms, crotch and anyplace else you get a rash as well as between your toes.

• Like 1

Brucewayne

Agreed. A tube of Tinactin will do nicely. It will work on underarms, crotch and anyplace else you get a rash as well as between your toes.

I just use baby powder after my bath and it seems to work fine.

• Like 1

Monsoon

I just use baby powder after my bath and it seems to work fine.

Thats a good way to prevent it.  But once you get even a little bit of itch/burn in certain places it can be too late, or you will put yourself through unnecessary discomfort,  without help from anti-fungals. Especially here in the tropics. The OP did mention he was a big boy, even more important to nip it in the bud.