Hello From North Texas.

numberonetexan

numberonetexan

HELLO FROM NORTH TEXAS

My name is Jack and I was born, raised, and live, in North Texas.

I have a fiance in Cebu and plan to fly there to marry her in the near future and bring her home. My problem is that the only thing I know how to do is buy the plane ticket. I don't know where to start but hopefully this forum will get me there.

Thank you all in advance for any help that you provide.

Sincerely,

Jack in North Texas

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

lots of people here with up to date information. sometimes as you start going through your to do list it can seem overwhelming

but tons of guys have been where you are right now and came out the other side.

so ask questions take notes and take it one step at a time 

• Like 1
SkyMan

Hijack!! Welcome.

but tons of guys have been where you are right now and came out the other side

and a fair number of casualties too.

Step 1: Background: Have you met your fiancé and whereabouts does she live (island/city)? And may I also ask, about when is 'in the near future?'

Step 2: Research this site a lot.

Step 3: Ask lots of questions which will guide the remaining steps.

numberonetexan

Let me know what assistance you need jack and will help wherever possible

You are a blessing!

I need a step by step template of what to do, when to do it, what to get, where to get it. I know that that is asking a lot so anything will help.

An FYI , I am obsessed with this girl and cant wait to get her home, I met her through my best friend, whose wife is PH. My fiance is her niece, she helped raise her and talks to her weekly. She is not the product of an internet dating website, etc I have talked to her for hours daily for two years via Facebook and we both know each other well.I want to fly to PH as soon as I feel I have enough info to get it done, tomorrow is not soon enough.. Also, any idea of the estimated time to get her back to Texas from the day I land?. 

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Jack

• Admin (Retired)
broden

and a fair number of casualties too.

true 

but i was really getting at the paperwork and footwork aspect of it all

Brucewayne

. Also, any idea of the estimated time to get her back to Texas from the day I land?.

You are probably looking at about two years on that one.

Welcome and howdy, I came in from Wichita Falls  and wonder what area you are in.

SkyMan

true 

but i was really getting at the paperwork and footwork aspect of it all

There are some casualties from that too.

You are probably looking at about two years on that one.

Two years is a bit extreme although it has taken longer but that's rare.

I have talked to her for hours daily for two years via Facebook and we both know each other well.

If you have not actually met you do not actually know her.

tomorrow is not soon enough..

Ok, then realistically, how soon do you think it might be before you can come and how long do you plan to stay when you come? If you want to bring her back with you then expect to be here a minimum of 6 months. Do you plan to marry here or in Texas? Much cheaper here. What do you know about her family besides her aunt?
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

There are some casualties from that too.

i'm sure there are but i don't think that's anyway to go in to it

i always figured if someone else could do it i could too

CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forum. Keep posting and ask any questions you might have. 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

nothing wrong with feeling the way you do about her even though you've yet to actually meet.

but because you've yet to actually meet.. keep a little bit in reserve.

till you are face to face with someone for a while you just never know .. hell some people spend years in each others company and still suddenly fall apart

my wife and i knew each other forever for our entire lives. but we weren't really willing to promise each other everything till we actually spent time together face to face

now there are many filipinas that will promise you everything some as quick as the first email . and many will in their own hearts be sincere about that

but sincerity and the want for that to be reality don't always make it so

but i wish you both the best of luck i hope you've both found your match in each other

• Like 1
shadow

Hello Jack, welcome to the forum.

If you marry her in the Philippines current timeline to get her to the US is 10-12 months. If you petition her as a fiance current timeline is 5-8 months. Timelines vary quite a bit by service center and when you file. If there is a lot of filers at the same time the service centers get backed up, which can easily add months to the process.

Here are two pages you should read which may answer some of your questions;

http://www.pinayvisa.com/getting-married-in-the-philippines.html

http://www.pinayvisa.com/which-visa-is-best.html

Larry

• Like 1
Half Baked

Welcome, Jack. Let me know when you get over to Cebu, I'll buy you a beer (even if you did come from NORTH Texas!)

Which north, central or panhandle?

From Houston, here.

Good luck and let us know how its going.