Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

Rustans and Metro

cebubird

Hadn't been to Ayala for long time and had read that Rustans had a much larger imported section, so we went yesterday. Seems to me like they have a LOT LESS than before, tho' they do still have a nice selection of meats and cheeses. Also had pints of Blue Bell---250 per!! 1000 pesos for half gal--little toorich for me even tho I love Blue Bell.

Metro, on the other hand, really surprised me,especially with their selection of frozen products.

Wife and I figure that might be worth a special trip at some point just to get some frozen items for freezer.

All in all, was far more impressed with Metro compared to Rustans.

Salty Dog

I was at both today. We went to Rustan's first because they opened an hour earlier than Metro.  Wife wasn't at all happy with their fish, vegetables or fruits so we went on over to Metro to do most of our shopping. Metro has a large International section. The only problem is if you see something you like, you better stock up. Once it's out, you never know if they will have it again. My buddy was here about a month ago and was delighted to see that they had V8 juice in several sizes of plastic bottles.The following week I thought I would pick some up, all gone. I've been checking for 4 weeks now and nothing. We like black rice but they were out of that. Hell they were even out of Safe Guard liquid shower soap for several weeks. The juice we like they are always out of, but Rustan's always has it. If we are lucky between the two stores we can get most of what we need, even if we can't always get what we want.

r-BANKSY-SORRY-large570.jpg

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Wolfpack

Hadn't been to Ayala for long time and had read that Rustans had a much larger imported section, so we went yesterday. Seems to me like they have a LOT LESS than before, tho' they do still have a nice selection of meats and cheeses. Also had pints of Blue Bell---250 per!! 1000 pesos for half gal--little toorich for me even tho I love Blue Bell.

Metro, on the other hand, really surprised me,especially with their selection of frozen products.

Wife and I figure that might be worth a special trip at some point just to get some frozen items for freezer.

All in all, was far more impressed with Metro compared to Rustans.

I like to hit up metro once a month, they seem to always have something of interest and I like their style of fruit selection, pick your own...as well as they stock Lurpak Butter which is something I prefer...

Rustans has salad dressing my wife likes...and Arizona Ice Tea, something S & R is inconsistant with...