Sign in to follow this  
agent17

Where do you get your sausage fix?

agent17

I'm used to American style sausage like Hillshire Farm, Miller, and Johnsonsville.  Unfortunately, I can only find them at S&R once in a while.  I've tried some of the locally produced sausages that are European style but they don't have that snap the Americans sausages have.

What about you guys?  What brand of sausages do you usually buy?

Wolfpack

I'm used to American style sausage like Hillshire Farm, Miller, and Johnsonsville.  Unfortunately, I can only find them at S&R once in a while.  I've tried some of the locally produced sausages that are European style but they don't have that snap the Americans sausages have.

What about you guys?  What brand of sausages do you usually buy?

S & R was very consistant with sausage for a long time but recently, they have been lacking...best suggestion, when you see it...stock up

Majorsco

I can't get sausages here in Dapitan/Dipolog except Filipino stuff.  Very rarely I can get Australian sausage, which I regard the same as the Filipino stuff.

I have resorted to making my own.  There is a website that Len Poli (http://lpoli.50webs.com/ ) that has procedures and a large number of formulations for all kinds of sausages.  I brought with me a good grinder, and just need casings.  Mail order can take care of most needs, but at least I can have what I want.

• Like 1

AlooGobi

S & R was very consistant with sausage for a long time but recently, they have been lacking...best suggestion, when you see it...stock up

Here we go,act 1 scene 2

• Like 2

SkyMan

There have been Johnsonville sausages at Fooda.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

I had some decent sausage at a resteraunt in Sogod called "Borussia"...they will deliver to Cebu City upon request...seems they come to Cebu City atleast once a week...I like their Bavarian Pretzels as well

Brucewayne

I can't get sausages here in Dapitan/Dipolog except Filipino stuff.  Very rarely I can get Australian sausage, which I regard the same as the Filipino stuff.

I have resorted to making my own.  There is a website that Len Poli (http://lpoli.50webs.com/ ) that has procedures and a large number of formulations for all kinds of sausages.  I brought with me a good grinder, and just need casings.  Mail order can take care of most needs, but at least I can have what I want.

I make sausages as well.

Just go to any butcher and buy the casings for Choriso.

They work well with all types of sausages and can even be used for wieners.

Monsoon

Various sausages always seem to be in stock at S&R. I've never been a fan of 'American' sausage so I never had the desire to make my own, but that would be your best bet. Plenty of pork available here in the Philippines. I make my own Italian sausage with ease, surely you can make up a batch of American style breakfast sausage. 

I think I know what S&R stands for: "Strap it on and Ream."

• Like 2

Scottiev

plenty of ground pork here, so i just brought 5 lbs of sausage seasoning with me and make my own

newtocebu

There's an Aussie bloke on Mactan aptly named Peter Sausage.

He was my go to man when I needed a fix - home made beef, pork, and variations..

broden

from what i understand most of the guys here get there sausage fix somewhere down on mango

• Like 3

Brucewayne

from what i understand most of the guys here get there sausage fix somewhere down on mango

Did you mean "fixed"?

• Like 1

spooks

I make sausages as well.

Just go to any butcher and buy the casings for Choriso.

They work well with all types of sausages and can even be used for wieners.

usually the casing here are hard and will not cut with a sharp knife, are these casings any different

I have just been buying the king sue british style bangers, no where near authentic but ok in a desperate moment

SkyMan

There's a Urologist on Mango?
  • Like 1

Brucewayne

usually the casing here are hard and will not cut with a sharp knife, are these casings any different

I have just been buying the king sue british style bangers, no where near authentic but ok in a desperate moment

The casings choriso is made with are not as tough or thick as the English banger casing and is edible, as they are real, not synthetic.

There's a Urologist on Mango?

Urologist, GRO, what's the difference?