Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

Fresh Milk

Salty Dog

I use to have fresh milk delivered to my house in Dumaguete from a local diary coop. It was ice cold and reasonably priced at P60 a liter for whole milk and P65 for non-fat. They also had ice cream, yogurt and cheese. I've never even seen it here in Cebu City except for the high price stuff that's over P100 per liter and I think it's imported.

Does anyone know a place where you can buy fresh milk around Cebu City?

I know S&R has it, but again it's imported and outrageously priced.

Salty Dog

Sorry I should have done a search, but every time I do I never seem to find what I'm looking for. Just did one for fresh milk and that one came right up. I had even read that topic when it first started but the post about milk were about local stores and S&R which while they have cold milk, all I have seen is imported. I stopped reading the topic because it went off into cheeses. I will check S&R for that local milk. I don't remember seeing it and the post is several years old. Maybe they stopped carrying it.

I will check out Cebu Federation of Dairy Cooperative, but it's a good 25 kilometers round trip. Maybe they can tell me where they have it in town.

Thanks Wooolf

cebubird

I use to have fresh milk delivered to my house in Dumaguete from a local diary coop. It was ice cold and reasonably priced at P60 a liter for whole milk and P65 for non-fat. They also had ice cream, yogurt and cheese. I've never even seen it here in Cebu City except for the high price stuff that's over P100 per liter and I think it's imported.

Does anyone know a place where you can buy fresh milk around Cebu City?

I know S&R has it, but again it's imported and outrageously priced.

Well SM. Metro, Rustan's, many others carry Cebu Fresh, plus S&R also frequently has Pure and Best which comes from Laguna province.

I frequently buy both of those, but at 199, for me the Calif Sunshine is still the best deal.

Majorsco

Is that really fresh milk or the packaged liquid milk labeled fresh milk seen on the non dairy shelves?

shadow

Sorry I should have done a search, but every time I do I never seem to find what I'm looking for. Just did one for fresh milk and that one came right up. I had even read that topic when it first started but the post about milk were about local stores and S&R which while they have cold milk, all I have seen is imported. I stopped reading the topic because it went off into cheeses. I will check S&R for that local milk. I don't remember seeing it and the post is several years old. Maybe they stopped carrying it.

I will check out Cebu Federation of Dairy Cooperative, but it's a good 25 kilometers round trip. Maybe they can tell me where they have it in town.

Thanks Wooolf

When in Cebu we sometimes buy Cebu Dairies milk at the supermarket at E-mall and Ayala supermarket. Not always available but often is.

Plenty of milk here in Dumaguete (Norient), Department of Ag has processing plant here in town making cheese and butter in addition to milk.