• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MattFromGA

• smokey

• Sven

• tomaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I went to Cebu I was still recovering from a nasty divorce, so adding some distance relieved lots of stress.  I had a business there and for a while it was going well, but over time it was hard t

Very good thread.   Always trying to earn and consume more, "catch up and get ahead", that is precisely what is ruining the lives for hundreds of millions of people in Western countries, in my opin

Keep up the good work Matt, someone has to work hard and pay those big taxes to help support all of us retired guys living on SS.     

Posted Images

smokey

Not only are you going off topic from the OP, you totally misinterpret the meaning of the post you are quoting.

There is a hyper work mentality in the USA that says you have to work hard to try and become rich, and that anything less than that and you are some type of loser.

In my original post I made it clear that I wanted to avoid the pressure to work like that but that there is a pressure here to work like that.

If you are 12 or 70 then you are not counted because the entire premise of this mindset is that you are in your prime work age too.

Just relax.  Isn't cannabis fairly easy to find there in the UK?  

there is a hyper work mentality in the usa if you allow it ... i personally dont care who has what or how they got it as long as they did not steal it from me

smokey

He said he wanted to know there were aliens in Cebu and was hoping they would take him back to the planet.  Given that is the news he reads on the site, his appreciation of a different song other than the broken record is kind of like saying "I've eaten eggs and rice for breakfast every single day for years, but having that biscuit and gravy was a refreshing change".  Its not that he secretly wished for biscuits and gravy all those years or that he hates eggs and rice, just that its a refreshing change from the same old same old.

Not everyone lives up to your bitter outlook.

well matt what can i say there is no perfect life or place... you want to be here then come here ,, The best part of the philippines i have ever seen is my wife and now she dont want to be here so its a no brainier for me

Sorry guy but i'm losing my temper. This is the rudest statement i have read coming from a citizen from one of the most civilized countries on earth. Lucky you if you find Americans agreeing with you. I'm sure you will. It looks like a retiree living on a pension of $1000 a month should bear the stigma of a loser? If that's the case, there are millions of losers in the US. 

post-7853-0-40434900-1386060336_thumb.jpg

tobster

Matt, that's why I am living here. F**k the rat race , keeping up with the lastest, buying shit you don't need with money you don't have. Now I am happy living day by day. I could make a shitload back home but that would rob my daughter of having the best 24/7 dad in the world.

• Like 1
MattFromGA
Matt, that's why I am living here. F**k the rat race , keeping up with the lastest, buying shit you don't need with money you don't have. Now I am happy living day by day. I could make a shitload back home but that would rob my daughter of having the best 24/7 dad in the world.

I think that really is a part of the reason why many like being in Cebu.  Of course the lifestyle is not going to be as fancy.  If you want that type of lifestyle you won't like living in Cebu.  For a guy being crushed in the USA, Cebu has the right stuff to help rejuvenate if you have the capacity to do that.  Some guys seem to fall apart there or fall into a trap of their vices.  

Edited by MattFromGA