Okay, who lives with you?

Who lives with YOU? (For members who are married / in live in relationships).  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who resides with you and your Filipino spouse / live in (including any children)?

• We live alone.
    • Just us and our immediate children.
    • We have one to two family members living with us.
    • We have three to five family members living with us.
    • We have more than five family members living with us.
    • We have the whole extended family living with us, including grand children!
  2. 2. Are you okay / happy with the (extended) family living with you?

• Very happy! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    • Moderately happy. Sometimes, though, I wish we lived alone.
    • I wish the family lived elsewhere.
    • N/A: No family living with us.

mikewright

Sounds like a good name for a band :)

Was waiting for that, but gee you were quick!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• Paul

• smokey

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you bonk him then it's tick "We live alone."

father inlaw had past away about 15 yrs ago but the mother inlaw lives wiith us and i like it. she is old school and keeps everyone in line. she treats me with respect and she makes dam sure everyone

Being an uber laid-back kind of guy it's not in my character to "lay down the law".   My only two unbreakable rules are that we aren't moving off the island or to another country and...   No one i

michael_retired

I live with my butler.  Which boxes do I pick?

After Christmas I will move into a fully staffed house.

Butler!?  You and I live in opposite  worlds my friend  ....

michael_retired

It's me and my 29 yo gf,  and 1 or 2 of her pretty younger sisters who are very polite and no trouble at all.  Yes I'm living almost like Hefner. ...; )

Butler!?  You and I live in opposite  worlds my friend  ....

Probably like me and him as well. Closer to opposite ends of the income stream. :D

It's me and my 29 yo gf,  and 1 or 2 of her pretty younger sisters who are very polite and no trouble at all.  Yes I'm living almost like Hefner. ...; )

That's all fine and good - until she walks in on you one day.

• Like 1
michael_retired

Probably like me and him as well. Closer to opposite ends of the income stream. :D

That's all fine and good - until she walks in on you one day.

I'm usually  a decent person so that situation  would never come up ....I think my gf is the prettiest of all the 5 sisters :)

• Like 2
ricardo123#

Not sure how to answer this poll. I live with my gf and her 26 year old son who has a pretty decent job as they go here. The only problems I have had with relatives are her dead husbands relatives.. which in turn kinda make them mine as I do respect the man he was .. not his fault his head exploded from stroke.. in many ways I wish I could have met him.. although if so this would not be something I would replying to in this way...lol

They come here at fiesta mostly.. or birthdays or an occasional visit. And that is all well and good.. the rice and booze disappears though.

don't get me wrong.. I like these folks.. her 2 brother-in-laws have become good friends.. if I needed something I would call them before I would any expat I know here.. but DAMN.. don't ya need to sleep now?...lol

chillman10

Live in Cebu with my wife and our 2 children, brother in law lives in the drivers room outside the main house, he has a full time job, is sensible and no vices, good security for wife and kids as I work FIFO and spend more time away than at home, one full time yaya and a University student who we are sponsoring through Uni, helps in the house and with tutoring, both sensible and neither have boyfriends or vices. Mother In Law visits often which I welcome, nieces stay during school holidays which is also welcomed, no problems with any of it.

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

Since our 27 years of marriage, it has only been my wife and I living in our own home and it's staying that way. We're now both permanent residents, my wife a dual citizen and I finally obtained my SRRVisa and we have been living in the Philippines going on 18 yrs now and living in our own home with extended family living far away from us, since we prefer peace and order in our home without the constant typical Filipino family drama.  

• Like 2

Never, ever let your gf know you think her younger sisters are pretty. If she asks you to compare her to them, laugh at the very thought of them even being in the same league as her. If she just asks you if you think they are attractive make a face like you think you might be quite sick, mixed with surprise as though it had never crossed your mind. 

• Like 3
mabutiman

where is the answer ....I live alone ???????? ....many guys here live alone .....why is it always WE & US ???

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

where is the answer ....I live alone ???????? ....many guys here live alone .....why is it always WE & US ???

Well now, are you complaining or bragging....:db:

• Like 1
Sonny

Catalina and myself, our daughter and her new husband from London, who I get along with well____except on July 4.  Can't help myself___gotta rub his nose in it.    :yahoo:

• Like 2
bounder

I have lived with my s/o and her four children for the past five and one-half years.  We also have two dogs to protect the premises.  Her MIL will come to visit very infrequently or if we need to travel somewhere and a babysitter is needed during our absence.  She is a great woman and I think enjoys the break from her life in Cebu.  A 30 y/o and single BIL will also pop in very infrequently.  He will usually come unannounced and stay anywhere from a week to a month.  Very quiet and almost invisible. During meals he only talks when spoken to.  Will give us a days notice when he is leaving and will disappear for months at a time.  The rest of her family live on the island of Cebu and never traverse over for a visit.  The parents will ask for money a couple of times each year, but actually pay it back within a short time.  Her brothers and sisters will beg for money, but you never see a peso returned....that money tree ended years ago now. 

Personally, I love it here with Diana and our four kids.  They are of great benefit to my well being and I am daily thankful for it.

• Like 4
Skywalker

I have lived with my s/o and her four children for the past five and one-half years.

Your s/o has had 4 kids in 5 and a half years?

bounder

Take note from my first entry S/O and her four children.  I did not say ours.

Yes, they are my partner's kids, but I consider them mine also.  They treat me as a real father and not just a 'sugar daddy'.  I get more hugs from these four than I ever did from my first three....and they show me absolute respect in deference to defiance like my first children did. 

The most interesting thing is the four greatest kids in the World adopted me as their father from the very beginning.  It wasn't because I was a foreigner, that I might be able to give them a better life, or that I was rich.....but it was because I was the kind of father they had always wanted in their lives.  If a kid BS's you, you eventually see through the charade.  These children have been with me for six years in December and have never changed their love, devotion, and dedication toward me.  Some would say that the kids are blessed, but in reality, I have been the one blessed with the wonderful gift of a life long companion and four of the greatest children in the entire Universe.

Edited by bounder
  • Like 5