Okay, who lives with you?

Who lives with YOU? (For members who are married / in live in relationships).  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who resides with you and your Filipino spouse / live in (including any children)?

• We live alone.
    • Just us and our immediate children.
    • We have one to two family members living with us.
    • We have three to five family members living with us.
    • We have more than five family members living with us.
    • We have the whole extended family living with us, including grand children!
  2. 2. Are you okay / happy with the (extended) family living with you?

• Very happy! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    • Moderately happy. Sometimes, though, I wish we lived alone.
    • I wish the family lived elsewhere.
    • N/A: No family living with us.

to_dave007

My wife and I live together with our two young sons. Also in the house are:

Her older sister, and her son,.. She's a single mom, and initially quite ashamed to return to her family "with child" after the father took off. She has worked for my wife and I as our live-in housekeeper since my wife had our oldest son, so nearly 4 years now. Without her help it would not have been possible for me to send my wife back to school for the past 4 years, and I will be forever grateful for the assistance she has given, as she has placed her own life on hold for the benefit of her sister. Her son is just 3 months older than my son, and he calls me Dad, and I enjoy to raise him as my own.

Her youngest brother, now aged 16 and in his last year of High School. Again. he was 12 when this started... and I made the commitment to keep the boy in school, so that he would be just the second member of the family to finish HS.. after my wife. He is a great kid.. far more responsible than a 16 year old would be in Canada.. and he more than earns his keep with the work he does. We'll soon be discussing plans for continuing after high school. The boy will never be a rocket scientist, but he's great with his hands, and seems to enjoy electrical and welding, so I think some trades training is next. He doesn't know it yet, but I already decided I'll support him in it.

Her mother started living with us 50% of the time 2 years ago when my wife's father passed away. The rest of the time she lives with another son. She would like more work to do, and we'll get started with chickens up the hill this year and plant more of a kitchen garden, to give her something more to do.

There are fours other siblings that don't live with us. For family events the total numbers can jump by another dozen or two. But that's not often. And when I need paid work done her brothers will likely come, and when they do they'll stay in the construction bunkhouse which is still out back. They helped build the house.

Cousin lives next door. He is a high school Administrator and his wife is a teacher with a newborn, and they are the best neighbours I could hope for.

None of the family are lazy. I think for me that's the biggest thing, as that would really bother me.

Two of my 5 brothers are married to Filipina in Canada, and another has Filipina partner. That's 4 out of 6 of my mothers sons have gone Filipina now. To me.. when you marry a Filipina you marry her family.

It has it's moments.. but by and large I'm ok with that.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 5
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• Paul

• smokey

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you bonk him then it's tick "We live alone."

father inlaw had past away about 15 yrs ago but the mother inlaw lives wiith us and i like it. she is old school and keeps everyone in line. she treats me with respect and she makes dam sure everyone

Being an uber laid-back kind of guy it's not in my character to "lay down the law".   My only two unbreakable rules are that we aren't moving off the island or to another country and...   No one i

I have only one girl friend living with me now  and this one is old  now 25  but quite and firm head lights , likes to stay home  and watch TV  or with me good girl movies I like a few 18yrs  around to but they all have kids  and this one don't want kids in the house either . SO if You know any good 18yr old  to barely 19 , who need a home send them too me , no rug rats allowed. Also they must share our bed  and have good head lights .OH and only one cup of brown rice a day!!!!

• Like 1
angbumabasa

Who lives with us full time is: one Jack Russell mix, one Labrador Retriever mix, one white cat named  Lucky, anywhere from forty to fifty chickens, an unknown number of geckos, monitor lizards and binturongs. ,Part timers include Tatay, Nanay, Tomboy niece named Mykell, Stepson named (according to Ron White) Stupid, then too many family and extended family to count. That about sums it up.

Here in the states ,its just me the wife ,2 daughters and Jojo the wonder dog.When we lived in Cebu ,way different story.We had lots of family,but it didn't bother me.

Edited by ahoy53

This 2014/2015 school year, we have 3 nieces living here in the main house while attending college up the street, ages 17, 18, 22. Then there is my wife (back from California), 40 yrs. old, and I, 60 yrs. old, and our 2 kids ages 9 and 5. Then there is my sister-in-law, 39 yrs., and her husband, 42 yrs., and there twin 3 year old girls. We have 2 maids and a ya ya also. Also all female, ages 42, 39, and 21. My 9 year old son, Richard (his uncle) and I are the only males this year. There are 11 women, with only 2 bathrooms finished.

We now have 5 dogs, and 6 cats, but only 2 inside the house.

As for head lights on the girls? I got no idea what is meant ? But all the girls are very attractive, and the 16 to 25 year olds are competitive in contests.

I enjoy the family and never have any issues about that. My wife and I find plenty of other things to fight about.

Edited by big RB

I know who lives with us when I am home, but God knows who when I am away!!!!

Dublin boy

It was easier for us just to build on a large plot simple houses for mama and papa. And the bro who is now at college, then one house for a sister with husband and three kids another house for the other sister with 6 kids who should buy a tv .then we live in our house with my son one ya ya and a nanny and for good measure a working student. To that we have a whole farm load of animals and I have now lost count of how many goats and chickens and for good measure 5 dogs. But it's fun and my son gets to see all his family every day and the kids love it in the pool so happy days for us.

No pear tress just a few bananas and mangos

contraman

All alone most of the time

Occasionally the Zoo Keeper gets lonely and come for cuddles.

Nice Russian Lass. :dreams:

Mikala

All alone most of the time

Occasionally the Zoo Keeper gets lonely and come for cuddles.

Nice Russian Lass. :dreams:

You can always drop by South (NOT North) Korea and I'll set you up with an instant nightmare to keep you company. Bring plenty of money!!!! These girls like their designer clothing, bags, makeup and baubles!

• Like 1
contraman

You can always drop by South (NOT North) Korea and I'll set you up with an instant nightmare to keep you company. Bring plenty of money!!!! These girls like their designer clothing, bags, makeup and baubles!

Thanks, but my post was tongue in cheek.

I have all I can handle at present :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I live alone

Can I say I live with my pet a dog and a cat:D

cvgtpc1

Currently trying to get a visa for my mother in law to come and join us here in the sandpit, hopefully will get a 3 month visa. This means free babysitting and great food for 3 months :-) She lived with us when we lived in Cebu and it was superb then. 

Not voting since I don't live in the PI yet.

My mother-in-law lived with us around the world for 10 years.  Was very convenient and nice having her around.  Was perfect with being a family with little kids.  Really great lady.

• Like 1
mikewright

Will have to change my earlier poll answers.

Two brothers-in-law and a sister-in-law arrive tomorrow, and hopefully another brother-in-law next week, staying for a month or two.

Crowded house, but a lot of fun :).

Edited by mikewright
contraman

Crowded house,.

Sounds like a good name for a band :)

• Like 2