Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Okay, who lives with you?

Who lives with YOU? (For members who are married / in live in relationships).  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who resides with you and your Filipino spouse / live in (including any children)?

• We live alone.
    • Just us and our immediate children.
    • We have one to two family members living with us.
    • We have three to five family members living with us.
    • We have more than five family members living with us.
    • We have the whole extended family living with us, including grand children!
  2. 2. Are you okay / happy with the (extended) family living with you?

• Very happy! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    • Moderately happy. Sometimes, though, I wish we lived alone.
    • I wish the family lived elsewhere.
    • N/A: No family living with us.

sjp

I have my wifes daughter (14 ) and son (23) and his girlfriend (24) and their 1 year old baby and two maids. My wife is very strict and it shows with the kids ( very well behaved ). I enjoy a full house hold.

• Like 1

Ricky

We live in the Middle East and have recently brought my MIL across to live with us, which believe it or not is fantastic for us. She is a great MIL and really helps out around the house when I'm working away and my wife is busy with the kids going to school (and the associated golf, gym, dance, swimming, ice skating, piano, scouts etc activities going) and her yoga classes and she seems happy staying with us.

JSL-USMC

We have a maid who is treated more as family. We have a young lady who has been with us for several years, just finished college and passed the certification for teacher. She has free room and board, the quid pro quo is we have free tutoring for our children. She's treated more as a daughter.

Edit...Just wanted to add. As I had been married to a Filipina previously I told Maria, my wife, I am marrying you not your family and explained what I meant. We are not troubled by her family.

Edited by BGGruff

dustybookend

I live with myself, where's my box?

No, it's not there:)

• Like 4

Skywalker

You don't live here, ergo you are OFF TOPIC!

Ho Ho Ho.

• Like 1

Half Baked

Its just the wife, baby, me, and one yaya/helper.  Wife's family is welcomed to visit as much as they want, BUT... they, nor anyone else, are quite sure which Tater Salad they are going to be getting. Will it be Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde? 

They usually don't stay around very long.  :/

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 2

ellenbrook2001

we live alone i am  no the mad of others they are to lazy no respect so no drama at home anymore>

tim

we live alone i am  no the mad of others they are to lazy no respect so no drama at home anymore>

Tell them to bring a maid with them when they come on a  visit... and be sure to say " No Fatties "

thankyouverymuch...

• Like 1

tim

We have another building on the property with beds and kitchen and cr to host visitors as long as we want them to stay. Have another to entertain casual visitors through the day.

Does the toilets have seats ? 

ellenbrook2001

? have the sister in or sisters or cousin????????? but only for a week our place to small to carter for a large number but her mum not coming anymore??? hahahah or i wont be able to control the place they will take over then i better go to the hotel for a week ?? if i stay to someone place for a week has respect always ask if i can do that etc but PINOY the soon they get in all to them never ask,i cannot even watch the formula one on TV they have those stupid drama on all so important? then when they go back home they take has a much food they can in cellophane,cellophane bag they loved?????????????????/

jtmwatchbiz

when they go back home they take has a much food they can in cellophane,cellophane bag they loved?????????????????/

why not be a better host and buy them a cooler???????????????????????????

• Like 3

Borinquen

then when they go back home they take has a much food they can in cellophane,cellophane bag they loved?????????????????/

Is it leftover food or food still in packaging from the grocery store? Leftovers are alright... but taking my unopened King's Hawaiian biscuits or California Sunshine milk is downright illegal. Raiding my fridge would be awesome... cause my wife's family has seen me flip out. Unless I specifically buy items from the grocery for them, they don't touch my stuff. You just need to be in control of your own house. The minute you let anyone (some foreigners included) take an inch, they tend to take a few miles.

• Like 1

big RB

In the main house we got : Myself

my wife

our children, ages 6 and 10

2 maids, 1 ya ya

3 nieces, 18, 20 and 22. Students at the college 200 meters away

In the second house on the property: wife's sister and husband

there twin 3 year old girls

Dorm building:  We rent rooms to college girls. Have 12 currently.

Got 5 dogs and 5 cats too. Goats are not allowed in the house, pigs are in there pen and chickens run loose.

Edited by big RB
  • Like 3

broden

and a partridge in a pear tree

• Like 3

USCebuana

And that is yet another reason why we love living in a high rise condo complex, most of my wife's family are afraid of heights, very intimidated by a condo complex and do not wish to use elevators. We have had few even come to visit us which is more than okay with me. Our home/condo unit is MY place of peace and quiet and yes I am an ahole.  :as-if:  I love most of my wife's family but I would rather visit them than have them visit us.

Anyone else's family afraid of heights?

I hope they don't leave their shoes when they enter the elevator door. Joke.

• Like 2