Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Okay, who lives with you?

Who lives with YOU? (For members who are married / in live in relationships).  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who resides with you and your Filipino spouse / live in (including any children)?

• We live alone.
    • Just us and our immediate children.
    • We have one to two family members living with us.
    • We have three to five family members living with us.
    • We have more than five family members living with us.
    • We have the whole extended family living with us, including grand children!
  2. 2. Are you okay / happy with the (extended) family living with you?

• Very happy! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    • Moderately happy. Sometimes, though, I wish we lived alone.
    • I wish the family lived elsewhere.
    • N/A: No family living with us.

Salty Dog
All most of us can relate to is our actual experiences.

I personally don't have any bad experiences where interaction with the wife's family is concerned. However that doesn't necessarily represent or reflect one way or the other on Filipino society.

One of my sisters is a total leach though. She has been saying give me and it's owed me all her life. That does not even represent my other sister, much less all sisters.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2

SkyMan

I think there's confusion with the second question as anyone voting We Live Alone is supposed to select N/A in the second so the vote count for those 2 should be the same.  I myself selected Very Happy, Wouldn't have it any other way until I read the question.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I think there's confusion with the second question as anyone voting We Live Alone is supposed to select N/A in the second so the vote count for those 2 should be the same.  I myself selected Very Happy, Wouldn't have it any other way until I read the question.

It must have been added later because there was no N/A when I voted. I just deleted my votes and redid it.

Paul

Yes, I added it later. 

Well, I can't make everyone happy Skyman. So, I am just trying to do what I can. I hope you aren't too cornfused. :D

Headshot

My SIL lives with us, but she is our yaya. No family members are freeloading in our home.

• Like 2

broden

wife kiddo 2 dogs

smokey

i am confused 14 members voted they have one or more family living with them but 26 would not have it any other way 

wife kiddo 2 dogs

maybe it you were not on line so much  it would be 4 kiddo and 2 dogs   :rose:

• Like 1

broden

i am confused 14 members voted they have one or more family living with them but 26 would not have it any other way 

maybe it you were not on line so much  it would be 4 kiddo and 2 dogs   :rose:

that's why i'm online so much

smokey

that's why i'm online so much

i am going to tell on you

broden

i am going to tell on you

i'll just start adopting kids and dropping them off at your place

• Like 1

smokey

i'll just start adopting kids and dropping them off at your place

try davao he has a kiddie friendly pool and lots of real life flotation devises 

• Like 2

dHb

Here in Bahrain, we have my wife's 2 sisters living with us. It works out great as the cooking/cleaning load is shared and they are available to watch over my kids, particularly my 9-year-old daughter (who gets extra tutoring with schoolwork). When we visit Cebu, we stay at my in-law's place in Mandaue. We built our house in Tayud but, to tell you the truth, we haven't even spent the total of a whole month there these past 10 years. The reason being that we go on holiday to visit the family and chill out - if we stay in Tayud, we are away from them (much like being out of the country). As for myself, the "Foreigner", I've made a lot of friends there and get to hang out with them (drinking and jamming sessions). I would miss that in Tayud. I've been blessed with my in-laws and their neighbors as they are good, friendly and fun people.

I should've added that both my sisters-in law are working and contribute to the household expenses such as groceries, etc. And my brother-in-law in Mandaue has built up his own business without our help and is doing pretty well (better than what I get here!!). The in-laws house was rebuilt a few years back with everyone contributing to the cost. If you have gone to the LTO in Mandaue, you'd probably see their house - its the tallest there with a blue roof and blue-tiled walls  :biggrin_01:

goldote

I live with my butler.  Which boxes do I pick?

After Christmas I will move into a fully staffed house.

What's a 'fully staffed' house?

Is you butler half staffed? 

Sorry... you had to have known you were walkig into that one.

Salty Dog

We thought we would do my sister-in-law's family a favor and hire her to help around the house. Bought her furniture for her room, clothes and paid her way from Sorsogon to Santa Rosa, Laguna. She took care of the house and dogs while we were on vacation for a week. After we got back, she didn't even stay for a week. It was a small 2br 2cr town house so she had an easy job. Never figured out why she left.

Edited by Salty Dog

Skywalker

Sorry... you had to have known you were walkig into that one.

I'm going ahead with the walkig thing.

Do you think it will be the next big thing?