Sign in to follow this  
Skywalker

Living in Cebu is cheaper than London

Skywalker

Actually, it should be described as less expensive, since it's not that cheap here.

London is a great City, but gosh, the rents are enough to drive a saint to drink.

smokey

wow i am going to start a thread ...living in cebu is cheaper then Beverly hills ,  or warren buffett has more money then bill gates but less stock 

• Like 3

Skywalker

I'm just going with the trend!

Anyway I absolutely adore living in Cebu - and that makes me a bloody minority on this forum doesn't it?   :cold:

• Like 4

Paul

Anyway I absolutely adore living in Cebu - and that makes me a bloody minority on this forum doesn't it?   :cold:

Actually, I think you are in the majority. Many may not post to say it, but I imagine more enjoy living in the Philippines, than dislike doing so.

• Like 3

ozboy

Actually I would love to visit the UK......im fascinated with the history n historic places...but family members say its a cold, lights on at 4pm and only thing good is their cricket team giving us a hiding....

• Like 1

Skywalker

Actually I would love to visit the UK......im fascinated with the history n historic places...but family members say its a cold

Go in the summer!  Everywhere in the UK is bleak in the winter, specially up North.

smokey

well you always did like walking down the path less used 

Salty Dog

Just because I want to go home, doesn't mean I don't love living in Cebu City. I enjoy it most of the time. In fact my really only negative is traffic. Most all the other things we all joke or complain about are so minor and I usually just laugh them off. OK well paperwork is also a pain in the ass, but it's not unique to Cebu. Oh and..... :taz:  

• Like 1

Paul

Go in the summer!

How many days is that? Two? Three? 

• Like 2

thebob

Go in the summer!  Everywhere in the UK is bleak in the winter, specially up North.

Up North, it's bleak in the summer too.

• Like 4

Half Baked

I absolutely adore living in Cebu

Skywalker, I don't personally know you but what do you "adore" about living here? I'm completely serious.

I just assume you sit around all day in your condo, watching television. I'm still serious.

What do you do throughout a typical day that makes you adore Cebu? Not trying to be disrespectful.

udonthani

just about anywhere is cheaper than London. I've met Japanese residents of Tokyo who said it was much more expensive, although I did explain that it was only because they were visitors and didn't know how to do it cheap that they came away with that impression. I bet just about all Londoners would find Tokyo more expensive, if they went there to visit.

How many days is that? Two? Three? 

UK and the rest of northwest Europe (met a Belgian guy last night who said the same) had the best and longest heatwave since 1995 this last summer 2013. Continuously warm temperatures from mid June to mid September, although the start of the summer was very poor with a bad March, April and May. The weather in the summer months there, is really much better usually than it is in the Philippines in those months. And you can't beat those long days - gets light at 4am and stays light, until 10pm.

Davaoeno

although I did explain that it was only because they were visitors and didn't know how to do it cheap

they were probably so foolish as to not even travel with their own portable hot water heater to do their laundry with 

• Like 2

Alan S

Living in London is far more expensive than in the rest of the UK.

But, there are few reasons to live IN London, unless you actually work in the city centre.

Where I live, many things are chewper than in the Philippines, (with the exception of rent)..

And, of course, heating in the winter.