I like this

Jimone

Headshot

I like the theme, but did anybody notice what flags are conspicuously missing in the guy giving a helping hand? US? Britain? Australia? And yet, the Philippine flag is there (in the calf of the forward leg). Interesting. I wonder when this image was actually created...and for what purpose.

• Like 5

I like the theme, but did anybody notice what flags are conspicuously missing in the guy giving a helping hand? US? Britain? Australia? And yet, the Philippine flag is there (in the calf of the forward leg). Interesting. I wonder when this image was actually created...and for what purpose.

The way I looked at it was The Philippines thanking the world for giving them a hand when they need it. We all know the US is leading the charge and The Philippines is grateful (though there will always be a small minority of difficult people who are too proud to show gratitude and best ignored).

• Like 1
Brucewayne

We are thanked every day, just not by those in charge even when we pay them cash.

Ignore them, it is the downtrodden who need help and they can't afford high priced ads.

Their smiles are enough for me.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Top of his head?

I thought it might be , but it looked more like a cross in  the  center 

post-8045-0-80918900-1384945100_thumb.jpg

post-8045-0-65635300-1384945334_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

I thought that giving was it's own reward.

thats why I never even looked at which flags were there until Headshot mentioned it 

I was only thinking about the symbolism not what country's flags are shown and what ones were not.. When people need help, you help, ,, no thanks needed..  

• Like 3

Canada?

When anyone sees Davaoeno, they C a nada ..... :biggrin_01:

Edited by Kim_
  • Like 2
Brucewayne

Is that a country? 

Actually, I thought it was a barrio in the north end of the U.S.

• Like 2

the US flag is on the right elbow joint, and australia, is on the opposite bicep,

but knowing what you do for others is enough, no need to shout about it