udonthani

Toast

mikejwoodnz

don't forget the microwave ya moron.

pigpoo you can't make toast in a microwave

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite

johnboy999

I got to agree with Whippy that the "Star" brand margarine is dreadful. Tried it once as decent butter isn't available in Alcoy, never again! So, we just stock up on Anchor spreadable whenever we go up to Gaisano in Carcar as that's the nearest place to us that sells it. I've seen Lurpak there too, but haven't been able to find either of those in the towns further south from Carcar like Argao, Dalaguete, etc. So, again I got to agree with Whippy that butter isn't always widely available unless you live close enough to a Gaisano or a mall. I guess I must have been here long enough now as I actually find the bread from Julie's Bakeshop tastes ok toasted!!

mikejwoodnz

My wife calls butter as "creamy" - try to explain the cycle of cow-calf-milk-butter to your wife  LOL 

l

thebob

No need to cary peanut butter. If you have a frying pan and bread. You can get eggs anywhere, so eggy bread is just as easy.

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

To be fair to Whippy, he is talking about being able to make toast while 'on-the-go'.

As for bread, I buy the sugar-free stuff from S&R or the gardenia 'green' loaf.

yes whippy likes to travel around these islands and carrying a toaster and other appliances would be impractical. i also agree the gardenia brand is decent, not overly sweet and easy to find as most 7-11s have it.

Topper

I got to agree with Whippy that the "Star" brand margarine is dreadful. 

Put some of that stuff outside. The flies will not even eat it. That should tell you something.

BossHog

The modern electrical-type toasters are a bourgeois affectation.

They are cheap in America but super expensive in Australia. We only use ours to make French toast. Messy but pleasantly hazardous.

Regular toast in the province is good with a thick smear of bagoong alimang. If you can't adapt you should get the heck out! I shagged this bird from Laguna who was receiving money from some clueless Swiss geezer from Norway. She hardly ever uses a toaster as it only makes faux-Italian cuisine. I plan to live in many countries simultaneously and in a subdivision. Will I be super safe?

• Like 3

udonthani

No need to cary peanut butter. If you have a frying pan and bread. You can get eggs anywhere, so eggy bread is just as easy.

introduced the concept of that to several Filipinas and would not be surprised if they still make it.

i get tired of the bred and sugar here, how we find some wholemeel bred and we get home all exited to find its also loaded with sugar, so spit it out yuk!

that's the whole point about the peanut butter thing. It completely masks the sweetness of the bread and you can't taste it anymore. But you still get the 'crunch' of the toast.

SkyMan

I gave up trying to get toast at restos here.  They just don't understand that when it's toasted correctly it will be a different color than when it started. Maybe they're stupidly trying to use a frying pan.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

throttleplate

I gave up trying to get toast at restos here.  They just don't understand that when it's toasted correctly it will be a different color than when it started. Maybe they're stupidly trying to use a frying pan.

or for some reason it comes to you rock hard as if the bread started out stale

• Like 1

batman2525

Well...heres a way to make Egg IN toast.....not egg ON toast....spread a thin layer of butter/marg on one side of bread...get yourself something round in shape and press firmly into the center of the bread and remove a circle big enough to hold the yellow,place the bread butter side down into a frying pan and start to cook,then break an egg into the center of the hole,the hole will fill up with the yellow of the egg and you can spread the white of the egg over the rest of the bread...cook until you think the yellow is cooked(to your liking) then flip and finish cooking the white of the egg...and there you have Egg IN toast.

you dont need any utensils to eat it like you do with egg ON toast.

mikejwoodnz

"you dont need any utensils to eat it like you do with egg ON toast."

- OH no the egg fell through the hole !  :cooking:

• Like 1

udonthani

I gave up trying to get toast at restos here.  

I gave up on restos period, in this country ages ago. 

obviously you haven't got the taste to have noticed, that they almost all of them are shit.