iPhone 5S

miles-high

iPhone 5S "Gold" short supply throughout the world... A few available at SM Cyberzone Cebu... At PHP45,990, is it worth buying? I have never used Apple phones before... Is it really nice as some claim? Just wondering... :)

NB: It's $849 at any US Apple Store, if available...

Edited by miles-high
Irenicus

iPhone 5S "Gold" short supply throughout the world... A few available at SM Cyberzone Cebu... At PHP45,990, is it worth buying? I have never used Apple phones before... Is it really nice as some claim? Just wondering... :)

I got a 5S then realized it wasn't much of an upgrade from my 4S so returned it.  You might want to look for a regular 5 at a better price.  I actually like the 4S as it has a smaller screen.

If you like iOS and already are in the ecosystem, they are a fine phone. It depends on what you like and your intended use of it, and if you use other apple devices.

I like mine, but am used to iOS (I had a 3GS<now in cancabato bay after the typhoon surge> and a 4S), and I also have an iMac desktop, so everything integrates very well for me, as I am heavilly in the ecosystem.

I'm sure most droid fanbois wouldn't think it to be a great phone.

Try one for yourself and see.

miles-high

Hmmm, I am using a couple of Windows phone (Nokia 920's) and Symbian (Nokia E7)... Don't really like Windows 8 and Windows phone... Symbian is gone and I don't like Android...

I guess I should try iPhone... I currently don't use any Apple products, however... :D

Irenicus

Hmmm, I am using a couple of Windows phone (Nokia 920's) and Symbian (Nokia E7)... Don't really like Windows 8 and Windows phone... Symbian is gone and I don't like Android...

I guess I should try iPhone... I currently don't use any Apple products, however... :D

I have both Android and iPhone.  Interacting with the iPhone is very intuitive and simple.  Android can be cool if you want to fool around and play with different roots to customize it as you want.  

Mang Kanor

i have invested in apple ecosystem from imacs to iphone so for me iphone 5s are pretty good.

got myself a gold 32gb iphone 5s and integrates it with my imac, ipad and my old iphones. also tried android (note2) wasnt impressed with it so i gave it up and came back to iphone. it is very simple to use out of the box.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I have both Android and iPhone.  Interacting with the iPhone is very intuitive and simple.  Android can be cool if you want to fool around and play with different roots to customize it as you want.  

I recently bought my first macbook pro and would go with an iPhone but I can't bring myself to use a small screen after having the S3 and S4 consecutively. The iPhone is indeed more intuitive. Im thinking of buying an iPod for the car and gym because I really don't like the music interface on android (I've tried a few) and I have grown to like the way apple does things in general. 

Windows 8.1 turned out to be the best marketing for Apple. It got me to buy my first Macbook. The so called upgrade rendered my PC virtually useless. And apparently others have experienced the same thing as I've found all sorts of similar complaints on the net. I have tried all the fixes I could find and basically still have problems with that laptop. It was a great computer before the 8.1 upgrade. I used to think its 2.5 hours of battery life were great. Ha, now I'm spoiled with at least 9, and usually more. 

• 3 weeks later...
miles-high

Just a note re iPhone 5S... After much discussion with an Apple Sales Associate at a US Apple Store, I bought a Verizon version 5S 64GB Gold... In the US, you have a choice of SIM-free, T-Mobile and Verizon (both no contract).

According to the sales associate, both SIM-free and T-Mobile (if you buy this version from T-Mobile, they only unlock it after 40 days) are GSM only version, whereas the Verizon version is all modes, all frequency (GSM, CDMA, etc.) therefore, as long as you get SIM's, you can use it anywhere in the world...

It's working fine with Globe here... We will be taking it to Tokyo Disneyland during x-mas... Will see how it works there... :D

thebob

It's working fine with Globe here... We will be taking it to Tokyo Disneyland during x-mas... Will see how it works there...

If it works with Globe there, it will roam with Softbank in Japan no problem. My Softbank iPhone roams with Globe in Cebu.

jtmwatchbiz

my wife just got given a new iphone 5S from her family and to me it looks just like the other iphones she has that her family seems to think she needs. i can't tell the difference and i'm sure she isn't taking advantage of any new features but i'm thankful they all cost me nothing. i carry 2 basic 900p nokias and i seem to be able to handle my work duties as well as personal with them, with the added feature of being able to type and send texts with one hand while i'm driving or eating or whatever. try doing that with one of those trendy iphones :)

SomeRandomGuy

ha i talk into mine while I am driving and it writes what i say... try that with one of those 900 peso charmers lol

miles-high

i can't tell the difference and i'm sure she isn't taking advantage of any new features

imagesCARYJFY1.jpgimagesCAB0YRPH.jpg

imagesCAA0LKSJ.jpggphg2013_020713_louis_vuitton_tambour_evolution_chrono_gmt_01_01.jpg

Well, all of them tells you the time... which one would you rather have? hehe ;):D

• Like 1
cebulover2000

NB: It's $849 at any US Apple Store, if available...

Iphones are easier to use than Android based phones but they require a credit card to download apps and are often hard to unlock and jailbreak. I am more or less done with iphones due to the wifi failing on 3 of the ones I had.

jtmwatchbiz

ha i talk into mine while I am driving and it writes what i say... try that with one of those 900 peso charmers lol

with your spelling talents that must come in "quiet" handy :) 

• Like 1

Firstly, and most importantly .... Location !

If your in Philippines, and going to buy one of these, then your the biggest idiot ever !

If your in Western world, that's a different story, your still an idiot, but less so.

I always had the crappiest phone, and at the most splurged 4000PHP on a phone.

Its not cause I was cheap, but because I valued my security more than my phone.

I wanted a phone that could get robbed & I didnt care.

If I had have sported a 40,000PHP phone, I would have been asking for trouble.

Iv already got white skin, I didnt need to be more of a target with a "shoot me & take it" phone.

• Like 1