Living in Cebu is cheaper than Australia

tobster

living in Australia is of concern

Englishman moved to Western Australia

August 31 - Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK to our new

home in Karratha , Western Australia . Now this is a town that knows

how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched

the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful.

I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13 - Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem

though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car.

What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a

sun-worshiper.

September 30th - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants

today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another

scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do

people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though.

Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I

expected.

October 15th - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree

burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing

to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car

before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car

after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag

and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat

shit. I've earned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25 - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant blow

dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink

and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs

to order parts from Perth ....

October 30th - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still

haven't arrived for the air con. Been sleeping outside by the

pool for three nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go

inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4 - Finally got the ol' air con fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets

the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it

feel about 30. Stupid repairman.

November 8 - If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?'

I'm going to throttle him. heat! By the time I get to

work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking 

wet and I smell like baked cat!

November 9 Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat

on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my

arse was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs

of my legs and my arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair,

fried arse and baked cat!

November 10 - Weather report! It might as well be a recording.

Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and sunny! It's been too hot

to do anything for two months and the weatherman says it might

really warm up next week.

November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water

restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry

up and blow into the pool. The only things that thrive in this

hell-hole are the flies. You don't dare open your mouth for

fear of swallowing half a dozen

November 20th - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 degrees today.

Now the air conditioner's gone in my car.. The repair man came to fix

it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I had to spend the $2,500

mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assault

Karratha! What kind of sick, demented idiot

would want to live here!

December 1 -

WHAT!!!!

The first day of Summer!!!!

You are fcuken kidding me!

• Like 4
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozboy

• Art

• Hy H

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rather than impose on another thread I would like to show an opposite view.   After the recent visit of a Aussie friend and my wifes stay there to get her permanent residency, I was amazed at how mu

My expenses as a single guy in Queensland are different from the above.  I live near some of the most beautiful beaches in Australia.   Vehicle registration.      $894 ($1034 less pensioner discount

Englishman moved to Western Australia   August 31 - Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK to our new home in Karratha , Western Australia . Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beauti

December 1 - WHAT!!!! The first day of Summer!!!! You are fcuken kidding me!

And then the cyclone season gets into gear..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha, I'm living in the Middle East, Australia will be like the antartic.

Englishman moved to Western Australia

August 31 - Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK to our new[/size]home in Karratha , Western Australia . Now this is a town that knows[/size]how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched[/size]the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful.[/size]I've finally found my new home. I love it here.[/size]September 13 - Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem[/size]though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car.[/size]What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a[/size]sun-worshiper.[/size]September 30th - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants[/size]today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another[/size]scorcher today, but I love it here.[/size]October 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do[/size]people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though.[/size]Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I[/size]expected.[/size]October 15th - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree[/size]burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing[/size]to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.[/size]October 20th - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car[/size]before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car[/size]after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag[/size]and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat[/size]shit. I've earned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.[/size]October 25 - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant blow[/size]dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink[/size]and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs[/size]to order parts from Perth ....[/size]October 30th - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still[/size]haven't arrived for the air con. Been sleeping outside by the[/size]pool for three nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go[/size]inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?[/size]November 4 - Finally got the ol' air con fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets[/size]the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it[/size]feel about 30. Stupid repairman.[/size]November 8 - If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?'[/size]I'm going to throttle him. heat! By the time I get to[/size]work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking [/size]wet and I smell like baked cat![/size]November 9 Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat[/size]on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my[/size]arse was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs[/size]of my legs and my arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair,[/size]fried arse and baked cat![/size]November 10 - Weather report! It might as well be a recording.[/size]Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and sunny! It's been too hot[/size]to do anything for two months and the weatherman says it might[/size]really warm up next week.[/size]November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water[/size]restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry[/size]up and blow into the pool. The only things that thrive in this[/size]hell-hole are the flies. You don't dare open your mouth for[/size]fear of swallowing half a dozen[/size]November 20th - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 degrees today.[/size]Now the air conditioner's gone in my car.. The repair man came to fix[/size]it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I had to spend the $2,500[/size]mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assault[/size]Karratha! What kind of sick, demented idiot[/size]would want to live here![/size]December 1 -[/size]WHAT!!!![/size]The first day of Summer!!!![/size]You are fcuken kidding me![/size]

• Like 1

He only has to worry about the flies buzzing around not as explosive as the things buzzing around there sometimes ?

You right ricky.  Melbourne is as close to antartic as you can get on the mainland.   Have you heard the weather expression used in Melbourne.  "just wait 5 minutes"

newtocebu

You right ricky.  Melbourne is as close to antartic as you can get on the mainland.   Have you heard the weather expression used in Melbourne.  "just wait 5 minutes"

Fair go mate !! Weather is bewdiful here in Melbourne at the moment..

Dont know what it will be like in 5 minutes though...

Fair go mate !! Weather is bewdiful here in Melbourne at the moment..

Dont know what it will be like in 5 minutes though...

:cold::taz:  :cold: