Where to get items to make Chili / or buy a bowl of it

Lordblacknail

Ayala metro has dried pinto beans. They come in a large bag and can be found towards the back of the store with the restaurant supplies. Ie the larger cans of mayonnaise, chilies etc. As far as the spices are concerned, I brought all that with me when I moved her in 2011, still got plenty, but like the man said, you can always improvise.

And tater, I am waiting until I get my pressure cooker working again, every time we cook beans of any sort, they cook for hours upon hours and still wind up hard. But while I won't have beans, taters and corn bread soon, I think I will have bisquits and gravy tomorrow.

• Like 1
Half Baked

Ayala metro has dried pinto beans. They come in a large bag and can be found towards the back of the store with the restaurant supplies. Ie the larger cans of mayonnaise, chilies etc. As far as the spices are concerned, I brought all that with me when I moved her in 2011, still got plenty, but like the man said, you can always improvise.

And tater, I am waiting until I get my pressure cooker working again, every time we cook beans of any sort, they cook for hours upon hours and still wind up hard. But while I won't have beans, taters and corn bread soon, I think I will have bisquits and gravy tomorrow.

Bisquits and gravy sure sound good, too.

Back in the states , I always used a slow cooker for beans. I would usually have them on high for 4-6 hours. Smoked ham hocks would be fall off the bone tender, too.

The wife has made me Indian food the last two nights here. Chicken Vindaloo, then Chicken Tikka Masala. Sure is good.  I found some cardamon seeds at Ayala, if youre looking for some. I think it was php 240. Coriander seeds, too.  We finished up the chutney you gave us some time ago. It sure was good, too. Thanks again.