Emirate flights

Kim_

It seems as they are offering cheap flights at the moment from Sweden to many destinations.

Anyone who knows why?

I like Emirates, they are really good.

Every now and then airlines have really good offers especially during the off season. I got a one way ticket with Etihad from Manila to London for £300 which I was happy with seeing as they're normally so expensive. How much are the ticket prices with Emirates? I was looking at Thai from Oslo and they were 9000NOK which I think is quite high

I'm not really a fan of Emirates. They have an awesome entertainment system and the food is nice, but they cram you in too much and the crew are robotic

Mike

There are tickets as low as 5500 SEK at the moment to Manila. (830 USD or so)

I have been waiting and hoping that Norwegian air would come with a really nice price to Bangkok but not so far.

miles-high

the crew are robotic

Haha ;) right on! I see them at the airports, marching like the North Korean soldiers, with Barbie-like makeup and fake smiles only to entice more passengers... ;)

Although I have never taken any of those airlines, their routings necessarily take us over some war-zones and I would be a bit worried about being chased by SAM’s, however remote it might be…

In any case, from Manila to most European cities, flying via Hong Kong would be shorter by about 1,000 miles (that’s about 2 hours of flying time). You may need to fly northwest from Hong Kong then straight north to Russia and it is not exactly a great circle routing (as shown in the map below) but it is still much shorter than flying through the Middle Easter countries… :)

map1.gif

MNL-HKG-AMS about 6,500 miles

MNL-DXB-AMS about 7,500 miles

Haha ;) right on! I see them at the airports, marching like the North Korean soldiers, with Barbie-like makeup and fake smiles only to entice more passengers... ;)

Although I have never taken any of those airlines, their routings necessarily take us over some war-zones and I would be a bit worried about being chased by SAM’s, however remote it might be…

In any case, from Manila to most European cities, flying via Hong Kong would be shorter by about 1,000 miles (that’s about 2 hours of flying time). You may need to fly northwest from Hong Kong then straight north to Russia and it is not exactly a great circle routing (as shown in the map below) but it is still much shorter than flying through the Middle Easter countries… :)

attachicon.gifmap1.gif

MNL-HKG-AMS about 6,500 miles

MNL-DXB-AMS about 7,500 miles

Good Information. Unfortuntaelly, my flight won't be that way. Stockholm- Dubai- Manila this time as it seems.  Could have been Stockholm -  Bangkok- Manila ... but Emirates are cheaper...