Sign in to follow this  
broden

Who Still Hasn't Checked In?

broden

since the storm i am sure we have forum members who have yet to check in

Easy44 is one

i know lots of you guys are helping over there. while you do you may want to see if you can make contact with our still out of contact members

if anyone knows of other members or for that matter non members they want to see if other more local members can try to contact please list them here and any other pertinent information that may help

• Like 4

Danishman

Is there anyone here who has heard from "Faktor" after typhoon Yolanda? I know that he stayed in or near Ormoc.
Faktor is a member of this site. I do not know his real name.
He has not responded to the mail I sent via this site.

I am aware that there is a total missing 13 Danish nationals after the typhoon in the Philippines. Danish police and people from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is now in the Philippines for specific search for the missing.

RPretire?

Hyaku and A_Simple_Man not seen since.

CebuKano

since the storm i am sure we have forum members who have yet to check in

Easy44 is one

i know lots of you guys are helping over there. while you do you may want to see if you can make contact with our still out of contact members

if anyone knows of other members or for that matter non members they want to see if other more local members can try to contact please list them here and any other pertinent information that may help

Good call B.

I started this days ago: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65638-forum-member-check-in/

But it's not visible in the portal unless someone posts. Is there any way you can pin your thread (more credible coming from a mod) to where it's at or near the top of the portal page so everyone can see it each time they load the page? I think that might help us getting a status of all members if they take the time to post that they are ok or not. I don't know if it's possible to do that but sure would help things. A lot of time has passed since the storm and I hope all members are ok. Thanks.

Edited by Motörhead

CebuKano

Haven't heard from Brucewayne either since the morning of the storm.

• Like 1

broden

pinned.. i will bump it occasionally if need be

Mr. Mike

I hate to say this, but a news reporter in Thailand reported some foreign nationals are missing, perhaps dead in the RP. Hope not.

Woolf

^

Chas

A report in the UK Daily Telegraph. I hope they are alive and well and just not in contact at the moment:

Colin Bembridge, 61, of Grimsby, was staying with his Filipino partner Maybelle Go, 35, and their three-year-old daughter Victoria near Tacloban when the typhoon struck.

The pharmacist, who lives with his family in England, had been visiting his Maybelle’s relatives and had hired a beach house in Baybay, one of the ravaged coastal villages.

The mother of Mr Bembridge’s partner, 79-year-old Lydia, said she had not seen or heard from the family since the typhoon made landfall last Friday.

She showed Channel 4 News the wreckage of the beach house, which was destroyed by storm waters five meters high.

“I just want to know whether they are dead or whether they were blown by the winds,” she said tearfully

Jay

I didn't know we were supposed to check in. We're fine. Even Karen's relatives in Samar and Leyte made it OK.

• Like 6

panther

cnn reported that 2 americans were confirmed dead during the typhoon but have not been named as of yet.

Jawny

Checking in may be a lot harder since there is no electricity. Those with generators can get a cellphone signal or Internet connection with wireless Internet. However, it is spotty and unreliable. We heard an announcement from a loudspeaker vehicle from leyeco, the electrical cooperative in leyte, that power may be out for six months.

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

Just heard in the "retireinthephillipines" blog that five US and two Aus didn't make it through the typhoon...any word?

SkyMan

since the storm i am sure we have forum members who have yet to check in Easy44 is one

My wife has confirmed (via mutual friends on fb) Easy44 and his SO are ok. His SO is the recently elected Barangay Captain and so I'm sure both are very busy.
  • Like 5

SkyMan

cnn reported that 2 americans were confirmed dead during the typhoon but have not been named as of yet.

In one of the first videos I saw after the typhoon they were near the Tacloban airport and there was a body on a stretcher which looked like a white guy to me.