Sign in to follow this  
agent17

Anyone tried those ready-made pizza crust?

agent17

Has anyone tried the Bambi brand pizza crust I've seen at SM supermarket and Puregold?  I've also seen the more expensive Village Gourmet brand.

Wolfpack

Has anyone tried the Bambi brand pizza crust I've seen at SM supermarket and Puregold?  I've also seen the more expensive Village Gourmet brand.

I have tried them, I prefer French Baker "French Bagette"...to using those ...but watchout for that electric bill if you have an electric oven!!!

jtmwatchbiz

I have tried them, I prefer French Baker "French Bagette"...to using those ...but watchout for that electric bill if you have an electric oven!!!

another suggestion i can make is my wife has been experimenting with making pizza from scratch including making her own dough, and altho she was using the baking stone in the second picture, she found out last week by using a simple aluminum baking pan the pizza crust seems to come out better, just slightly crisp and more chewy. the baking stone was making the crust too hard, possibly from continuously heating the pizza after removing from the oven. as dan mentioned electric cooking is expensive, so my wife uses a simple la germania gas stove and oven unit and it seems to be fairly economical as a can of gasul lasts for 2 or 3 months and we are always cooking something. 

post-4506-0-99200300-1385160742_thumb.jpg

post-4506-0-83493300-1385160769_thumb.jpg

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 1

rainymike

We've found it cheaper and easier to use a slice of good whole wheat bread. If you can't find pepperoni, then chorizos work well for me. Everyone (except me) loves it with pineapple. Only thing I really have to spend bucks on is the cheese. Everyone agrees it's best with a decent mozarella.

Wolfpack

post-15535-0-74253300-1385166894_thumb.jpgpost-15535-0-83469800-1385166942_thumb.jpgpost-15535-0-92916000-1385166917_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wolfpack

the homemade dough was cooked on a pizza stone at 540 degrees...using ingredients such as imported flour and cheese found at Shopwise

another suggestion i can make is my wife has been experimenting with making pizza from scratch including making her own dough, and altho she was using the baking stone in the second picture, she found out last week by using a simple aluminum baking pan the pizza crust seems to come out better, just slightly crisp and more chewy. the baking stone was making the crust too hard, possibly from continuously heating the pizza after removing from the oven. as dan mentioned electric cooking is expensive, so my wife uses a simple la germania gas stove and oven unit and it seems to be fairly economical as a can of gasul lasts for 2 or 3 months and we are always cooking something. 

attachicon.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpizza.jpg

attachicon.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpizza2.jpg

where did you find the gizmo to slice the pizza? we have been looking for one of those!

jtmwatchbiz

where did you find the gizmo to slice the pizza? we have been looking for one of those!

we got it at, and forgive me as i don't remember the name, the place on mango. if heading from fuente, it's down on the right side before hitting the intersection of gorordo. has a big entrance way driveway and the place is down in the second building. it is a huge cooking and baking supply store and has just about everything imaginable. if no one else chimes in here with the name, i'll post it as an update when my wife gets back from her typhoon food relief trip to northern cebu later today. 

jtmwatchbiz

the homemade dough was cooked on a pizza stone at 540 degrees...using ingredients such as imported flour and cheese found at Shopwise

BTW...nice lookin pizza! 540 degrees i think is higher than janice cooks hers. does your wife remove the pizza from the stone right after it's cooked? maybe that's the trick to keep the crust from getting too hard?  

Wolfpack

BTW...nice lookin pizza! 540 degrees i think is higher than janice cooks hers. does your wife remove the pizza from the stone right after it's cooked? maybe that's the trick to keep the crust from getting too hard?  

we place the dough on a pizza screen without any ingredients...place it in the oven for about 45 seconds, until we see some air bubbles...remove it from the oven and put on the ingredients...we use an entire bag of cheese per pizza...then place it back in the oven directly on the pizza stone (without the pizza screen)...this is tricky, we really need a pizza peel...keep a close eye one the pizza or it will burn...cooks in less than 5 minutes...

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

i just found a package in the kitchen from that cooking and baking supply store down on mango. the name is "Caro&Marie" and from what i remember they are open 7 days a week.

Monsoon

If your talking the Bambi brand they are crap. Don't waste your time unless you like Filipino style pizza. French bread pizza will be far better as someone else suggested. In fact, I actually crave a good old french bread pizza from time to time and make them in the states where proper frozen pizza crusts are available. Another one I used to do is english muffin pizzas.