CNN Anderson Cooper covering Typhoon

keep their feet to the fire anderson (and all other reporters)!  it's scary to think how slowly things would be going if not for the international coverage.  filipino politicians are not accustomed to people asking hard questions and expecting actual results.  it's time they get used to it.

• Like 9
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USCebuana

• Ronin

• Majorsco

• johnormoc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watched Cooper's response to the criticisms of his reporting.  Thought it was very measured, accurate (in terms of what he was alleged to have said but did not actually say) and fair.  Having wat

one thing I have learnt ,philippinos have a hard time admitting they are wrong sometimes ,pride gets in the way of their rational thinking .so best to just let them think they are right to save gettin

keep their feet to the fire anderson (and all other reporters)!  it's scary to think how slowly things would be going if not for the international coverage.  filipino politicians are not accustomed to

Posted Images

Majorsco

Have you watched the videos posted?

I have and I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

What constitutes "shoddy methods" to you?

i am stating what my Filipino wife and my Filipinos around me are saying. If you want to trash my message so be it, but what locals are saying should not be discounted.

I haven't watched cooper for a few years myself and I refuse to watch Amanpour based my watching her for a few years and watching her steer stories down her political agenda oath. Cooper didn't do that but I lost interest in him.

Now that CNN is failing as a news network, I suspect they are sedation skiing the stories for ratings. I watch the Filipino news, Fox News, and Internet sources and they all report the crisis objectively with respect.

My concern is not the facts it's the shoddy methods they're using in a country not their own. Their style of reporting is what people here is talking about and not the crisis.

i,m british and even I can see if it was not for the americans and other nations helping your country out ,this dissaster would be a whole lot worse than it is .I watched the interview and see nothing wrong with it in any shape or form .Due to the rise in social media more and more people can see whats really happening on the ground ,the camera never lies .

• Like 3

i am stating what my Filipino wife and my Filipinos around me are saying. If you want to trash my message so be it, but what locals are saying should not be discounted.

I'm only trashing your post because you didn't even bother to watch the news but accused them of shoddy methods.   IMO that's a shoddy method itself.

I've been watching the news with my Filipino fiancee and she also watch the presidential interview.  She saw nothing shoddy or disrespectful in either, so that's another local option to take into consideration.

• Like 1
Majorsco

I'm only trashing your post because you didn't even bother to watch the news but accused them of shoddy methods. IMO that's a shoddy method itself.

I've been watching the news with my Filipino fiancee and she also watch the presidential interview. She saw nothing shoddy or disrespectful in either, so that's another local option to take into consideration.

Your fiancé has a different opinion than my wife and everyone around me here. You're trashing me for reporting what they said. Bad form.

We watched it as well and my family voted for him for President, they are to put it mildly disappointed, in him not the reporting, its style or content.

Your fiancé has a different opinion than my wife and everyone around me here. You're trashing me for reporting what they said. Bad form.

I'm not trashing you I'm disputing your post.

You said.

CNN grand standing and insulting the president of the country they are visitors to before they even get an idea of what the real situation is, isn't journalism. It is a hit piece that will backfire on Americans living here.

But you admit you didn't even watch the videos.  The above quote implies it's your words and not what others said.

Majorsco

I'm not trashing you I'm disputing your post.

You said.

But you admit you didn't even watch the videos. The above quote implies it's your words and not what others said.

I said from the start I was reporting what they said. I didn't quote everyone of them word for word, as I am reporting the collective message I heard.

I never said I watched the video. I was trashed for my post of what Filipinos told me pure and simple.

I've been reading Philippine newspaper and TV reports and in the comments Filipinos have been overwhelmingly critical of their President and his seeming "no response" to the emergency.

On another hand Anderson Cooper set the record straight tonight on what he has reported and what he did and did not say. His voice broke when he described the conditions and the strength of the survivors in Tacloban. 

• Like 7
MoonDragon81

I watch all of CNN and TV Patrol it's over week dead bodies still laying on the main roads. Krist on TV patting herself back for donations setting around for 3,4 days. I watch local people with no water, no food and no shelter an government with three days warning. 

I've found that Filipinos are very proud - was just reminded of that just now. Was on a rant with my wife about the customs taxing relief goods and my sis-in-law got defensive saying that these are the rules and besides that it takes time to deliver, etc, etc. Then (shoulda shut my trap) I got onto the deaths (latest reports at 4000+) and said that the big guy shouldn't have put it at just 2000+. Got a earful about that too, "it was just after the typhoon, no one knew how many..."

Well, lesson learned - AGAIN! I'm pretty dumb.... :snap:

• Like 1

I've found that Filipinos are very proud - was just reminded of that just now. Was on a rant with my wife about the customs taxing relief goods and my sis-in-law got defensive saying that these are the rules and besides that it takes time to deliver, etc, etc. Then (shoulda shut my trap) I got onto the deaths (latest reports at 4000+) and said that the big guy shouldn't have put it at just 2000+. Got a earful about that too, "it was just after the typhoon, no one knew how many..."

Well, lesson learned - AGAIN! I'm pretty dumb.... :snap:

one thing I have learnt ,philippinos have a hard time admitting they are wrong sometimes ,pride gets in the way of their rational thinking .so best to just let them think they are right to save getting your balls chewed off ,peace to all brothers and sisters lol

• Like 9
jtmwatchbiz

one thing I have learnt ,philippinos have a hard time admitting they are wrong sometimes ,pride gets in the way of their rational thinking .so best to just let them think they are right to save getting your balls chewed off ,peace to all brothers and sisters lol

judging by the arguments we have here on this site i wouldn't suggest the locals have anything cornered in that department :)

• Like 8