CNN Anderson Cooper covering Typhoon

Anderson Cooper has been on the ground here for several days.

He's on right now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USCebuana

• Ronin

• Majorsco

• johnormoc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watched Cooper's response to the criticisms of his reporting.  Thought it was very measured, accurate (in terms of what he was alleged to have said but did not actually say) and fair.  Having wat

one thing I have learnt ,philippinos have a hard time admitting they are wrong sometimes ,pride gets in the way of their rational thinking .so best to just let them think they are right to save gettin

keep their feet to the fire anderson (and all other reporters)!  it's scary to think how slowly things would be going if not for the international coverage.  filipino politicians are not accustomed to

Posted Images

Buko Beach

Yah, the CNN Silver Fox has been in the Philippines since Monday, but couldn't get into Tacloban due to rain and low vis from the lastest LPA that moved through the area. Instead he stood around outside a NAIA hangar doing live reports.

Yah, the CNN Silver Fox has been in the Philippines since Monday, but couldn't get into Tacloban due to rain and low vis from the lastest LPA that moved through the area. Instead he stood around outside a NAIA hangar doing live reports.

He was in Tacloban, his previous reports were from there.  He went to Manilla yesterday because of some logistical problems.

Buko Beach

He was in Tacloban, his previous reports were from there.  He went to Manilla yesterday because of some logistical problems.

He arrived in the Philippines on Monday. The private plane CNN chartered tried to get into Tacloban on Monday, but after circling the airport for awhile headed back to Manila. He then set up his live reports from NAIA.

Anderson made it into Tacloban I believe on Wednesday after the LPA passed. I'm just guessing his team heads into the affected areas during daylight hours and leaves the Visayas before dark.  Visual flight rules at the Tacloban airport.

Majorsco

My wig and several others are very upset about Anderson Cooper's and Christiane Amanpour's reporting and the tone of the presidential interview. They are upset on how Aquino was treated by American reporters and that he was disrespected. I didn't see the interview myself but they thought he was treated like a common govt official, not the president.

My wig and several others are very upset about Anderson Cooper's and Christiane Amanpour's reporting and the tone of the presidential interview. They are upset on how Aquino was treated by American reporters and that he was disrespected. I didn't see the interview myself but they thought he was treated like a common govt official, not the president.

If it makes them go faster, then so be it.

• Like 6

Respect is earned, not demanded.

• Like 4
Majorsco

Relief people are going as fast as they can. CNN grand standing and insulting the president of the country they are visitors to before they even get an idea of what the real situation is, isn't journalism. It is a hit piece that will backfire on Americans living here. I want things to go better but that is not the way to do it. They are here to report, not make news by their misdeeds.

• Like 1

Relief people are going as fast as they can. CNN grand standing and insulting the president of the country they are visitors to before they even get an idea of what the real situation is, isn't journalism. It is a hit piece that will backfire on Americans living here. I want things to go better but that is not the way to do it. They are here to report, not make news by their misdeeds.

Where was the president insulted?  What hit piece?  Have you watched the reports at all?  I have and I think it was a fair report from Anderson.

Also, please clarify which misdeeds?

• Like 1
Buko Beach

If anyone saw the video of what happened when President Noy-Noy first walked around Tacloban after the typhoon. The video shows the President handing out some water bottles and then he is approached by an irate (I assume) OFW Magina Fernandez who moments before went ballistic in front of a CNN camera. She laid into him. Yowza she was jumping mad !  The whole thing was in English and she spoke perfect English. There was the look of absolute shock and horror on the Presidents face as she laid into him. She is the one who stated "this is worse than hell...worse than hell". That was disrespectful, after all she should of been grateful to be alive instead of pissed off at the President that her home and business were gone.

• Like 1

exactly they are here to report on what they are seeing ,and what they are seeing is a very slow reaction to a humanatarian dissaster of epic porportions ,and the lack of leadership to help his own people on the ground.The truth often hurts ,and when you see headlines like donations being taxed is a dam disgrace .

• Like 5
Majorsco

My concern is not the facts it's the shoddy methods they're using in a country not their own. Their style of reporting is what people here is talking about and not the crisis.

My concern is not the facts it's the shoddy methods they're using in a country not their own. Their style of reporting is what people here is talking about and not the crisis.

Have you watched the videos posted?

I have and I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

What constitutes "shoddy methods" to you?

• Like 4