Sign in to follow this  
exploringlife2

I Made It, But no GF

exploringlife2

Hello,

I arrived at the Cebu  Airport for my first time to the Philippines just after midnight.  Made it throught the airport no problem, but I will need to go to immigration to get my visa extended. After customs a young man helped  me get money exchanged, called my gf to find out she never made it to Cebu from Cagayan de Oro. I gave him 50 peso to charge his phone and he took me to the line to get a metered taxi.

The funny thing about taxis in Cebu and BKK is they never have change. Taxi ride was  190 pesso and I only had 500 pesso bills. So I went into the hotel got change and gave him 200 peso and then checked in.

This is my gf's story. She went to a hotel in Cagayan and spent Wed. night so not to miss her flight. She gets to the airport on Thur. and is told that there are no planes avaiable for this flight and she must rebook for Saturday morning on the next flight (PAL). Does the Airline cover her costs for this, or am I getting bullshitted in more ways than one?

This was not my plan for my first night. I have a free day on Friday and maybe the rest of this trip.

• Like 2

David Kennedy

Airlines seem to find reasons to cancel flights. I've sat in MNL an extra half day for a reason that never made sense. They'd surely cover the cost, just wait it out and see what happens

If it doesn't work out you can find someone else

Davaoeno

I have had several flights cancelled here and never ever once received anything in compensation  [ altho Cebu Pacific did give me a piece of Jolibee chicken,rice and a coke once ]

• Like 2

Mandingo

PAL is known for that kind of stuff. My wife (gf at the time), was scheduled to fly from Manila to Ormoc after my departure. The plane took off and all was good till about 15 minutes before landing, they announced they were landing in Tacloban, not Ormoc, because of  the "sunset" in Ormoc. They then unloaded everyone in Tacloban and the people had to make it back to Ormoc on their own with no help from PAL.

USMC-Retired

With the problems there and the typhoon relief efforts on going.  This is very plausible.

RPretire?

Hello,

I arrived at the Cebu  Airport for my first time to the Philippines just after midnight.  Made it throught the airport no problem, but I will need to go to immigration to get my visa extended. After customs a young man helped  me get money exchanged, called my gf to find out she never made it to Cebu from Cagayan de Oro. I gave him 50 peso to charge his phone and he took me to the line to get a metered taxi.

The funny thing about taxis in Cebu and BKK is they never have change. Taxi ride was  190 pesso and I only had 500 pesso bills. So I went into the hotel got change and gave him 200 peso and then checked in.

This is my gf's story. She went to a hotel in Cagayan and spent Wed. night so not to miss her flight. She gets to the airport on Thur. and is told that there are no planes avaiable for this flight and she must rebook for Saturday morning on the next flight (PAL). Does the Airline cover her costs for this, or am I getting bullshitted in more ways than one?

This was not my plan for my first night. I have a free day on Friday and maybe the rest of this trip.

Yo Bro give her a chance...  Rebooking is not the same as Repaying (no scam yet).  The worlds largest Typhoon just past less than a week ago.  RP is on RP-time and NOT Military TIME!!!  This is still a third world country trying to act like a second world country.  I assume YOU paid for her Flight (I DID TOO no shame there) stay in touch with her and see if she comes through (even if late).  I wish you the Best of LUCK and keep us posted...

• Like 3

CardiacKid

Airline schedules here are subject to the same rules as everything else. If not today, maybe tomorrow or the next day. I once was stranded in Los Angeles for a day because PAL did not send an airplane. Frustration abounds here, especially for new folks. Don't give up on her because of this. She may well be the victim as well as yourself. Please don't take it out on her. If you know her flight number you could call PAL or visit one of their offices here to verify her story. 

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I remember my first visit. Neither one of us could be sure the other would be at the airport as scheduled. At first we didn't see each other as I exited the terminal.Trying to find a 5', 95 lbs, filipina with long dark hair and brown eyes in the large crowd wasn't easy. Of course I was much easier for her to spot.  :biggrin_01:

On my second trip, She had an airline ticket to meet me in Manila but due to a Typhoon in southern Luzon the planes were grounded. She had to take a bus for 12 hours to get to Manila. An hour after her bus left Sorsogon, the only bridge leading out of town was washed away. I arrived at the hotel around midnight. She finally made it to the hotel around 4 am. The only good thing about the ordeal was when I checked in to the hotel, they said they were over booked and would have to upgrade my room to a suite for same price. 

Edited by Salty Dog

Jim Sibbick

PAL never flew to Ormoc and I am fairly sure they don't fly between Cebu and CDO.

I believe you are referring to the PAL budget subsidiary PAL express.

In regard to are you being bulshitted. If you have never met, the answer is most probably yes you are being bulshitted by your "girlfriend". If you have met, there probably really was an airline delay.

If you have the flight number, it will be easy to check. Go to the PAL website and check the status of the flight

Edited by Jim Sibbick
  • Like 1

the.lone.gunman

Shit happens, esp. in the PI.....my united air flight from LA to Maui in Sept. was cancelled, leaving me stuck in LA for 4 hours (where I lost my IPhone). It can happen any time anywhere.....I'd say give her the benefit of the doubt.....

Mandingo

PAL never flew to Ormoc and I am fairly sure they don't fly between Cebu and CDO.

I believe you are referring to the PAL budget subsidiary PAL express.

In regard to are you being bulshitted. If you have never met, the answer is most probably yes you are being bulshitted by your "girlfriend". If you have met, there probably really was an airline delay.

If you have the flight number, it will be easy to check. Go to the PAL website and check the status of the flight

Yep, PAL Express......

Davaoeno

I remember my first visit. Neither one of us could be sure the other would be at the airport as scheduled. At first we didn't see each other as I exited the terminal.Trying to find a 5', 95 lbs, filipina with long dark hair and brown eyes in the large crowd wasn't easy. Of course I was much easier for her to spot.  :biggrin_01:

On my second trip, She had an airline ticket to meet me in Manila but due to a Typhoon in southern Luzon the planes were grounded. She had to take a bus for 12 hours to get to Manila. An hour after her bus left Sorsogon, the only bridge leading out of town was washed away. I arrived at the hotel around midnight. She finally made it to the hotel around 4 am. The only good thing about the ordeal was when I checked in to the hotel, they said they were over booked and would have to upgrade my room to a suite for same price. 

which of course led to her being totally impressed since she could see that she was so important to you that you rented a suite for the 2 of you !! :yahoo:

Half Baked

The funny thing about taxis in Cebu and BKK is they never have change. Taxi ride was 190 pesso and I only had 500 pesso bills. So I went into the hotel got change and gave him 200 peso and then checked in.
:good: I commend you for this.

OP, any update re: GF?  Like everyone is saying, at this time here in Cebu its pretty crazy  with the typhoon and all. Don't give up hope just yet. Get some rest and some decent food down your neck.

Davaoeno

the chance of it been bs is about 50% at leese and i wud say probly more like 90% and she in not yr girlfrend if u never met. chances r some pinoy guy is spending the money on his buddys for red horse party in weekend hehe. but never give up - ther is a chance she not scamming even though remote, all u gotta do is contact airline and confirm if the fllyt she try to book was cancell. dont forget to get as many deetail as u can like fliyt time she wanted to book so you can asses if u r be scammed or not. i hope u r not but the chances r slim.

hey also ask her for ticket she buy, get her to photo it and email it to u, there is no way she wud throw it away if she is genurine 

it also depends on the history of yr rship, have u been chatting for a long time or did u meet her resantly on dateing in asia? if she dont have ticket ask for price she pay and confirm  with airline, do yr homework now - like u said u were suspices so that is also a bad sine.

Dalis - you seem to have a pretty good handle on how things work. Where do you hail from buddy ?

thebob

well as i sed last time u ask it is not usa orr davao and i will add Mindanao and canada to the list hehe 

I was wondering as well because sometimes your spelling is a bit difficult to understand. You don't seem to have any language habits that give us a clue where you are from.