Where is the safest place to live in The Philippines?

smokey

You could always stay in the USA, except:

Southeast - prone to hurricanes

Central US - prone to tornadoes

Southwest - prone to summer fires and earthquakes (already destroyed one major city that had to be rebuilt)

Midwest - prone to droughts and heat waves

Northwest - volcanoes and earthquakes

Northern US - snow and blizzards and avalanches (vulnerable to a new ice age)

Western US - site of a supervolcano that would make Pinatubo look like a firecracker

coastal US - flooding and sea level rising from climate change

Then there's the risk of overweight and overbearing women, minority groups looking for any excuse to be oppressed, high blood pressure from being overworked, clogged arteries from too much fast food, the original crips and bloods, the KKK, the NSA, the FBI, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.

wow its sure good your know all of this and moved to such a safe place ... ha ha ha  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• smokey

• Raven

• stevensanph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bonifacio Global City (Taguig, NCR): Slightly higher elevation than other areas and the best storm drain system (tested during the Typhoon Ondoy, one of the few places never flooded) Condos are wel

there are a few things that you can do i think to increase your odds of not being detrimentally affected by natural disasters..   i guess this typhoon has shown that geographically speaking, tacloban

The entire country is on a fault line.  The entire country is susceptible to typhoons. There are volcanoes all over the place in the Philippines.  So what that leaves you with is man made problems if

Posted Images

senseless

In terms of natural disasters (earthquakes, typhoons, floods etc.) pollution, disease and man made threats such as crime and terrorism; where is the safest place to live in The Philippines?

Outside the philippines

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Natural disasters claimed more lives here than anywhere else in the world. That was before the Typhoon and earthquake.

threadstone

For me, Bukidnon is the safest place to live in this coutry.  reasons are:

• low risk to thypoon
  • pollution level is low
  • the climate is cool
  • no tsunami
  • basic needs such as food is not a problem.
  • nice resorts
  • people are friendly
  • no traffic
musicman666

Natural disasters claimed more lives here than anywhere else in the world. That was before the Typhoon and earthquake.

There is probably a reason why the Philippines is a mass of fragmented islands.

You could always stay in the USA, except:

Southeast - prone to hurricanes

Central US - prone to tornadoes

Southwest - prone to summer fires and earthquakes (already destroyed one major city that had to be rebuilt)

Midwest - prone to droughts and heat waves

Northwest - volcanoes and earthquakes

Northern US - snow and blizzards and avalanches (vulnerable to a new ice age)

Western US - site of a supervolcano that would make Pinatubo look like a firecracker

coastal US - flooding and sea level rising from climate change

Then there's the risk of overweight and overbearing women, minority groups looking for any excuse to be oppressed, high blood pressure from being overworked, clogged arteries from too much fast food, the original crips and bloods, the KKK, the NSA, the FBI, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.

..... Welcome to California! No hurricanes, tornadoes or volcanos but I think it's got everything else on the list!
miles-high

Let me add one more factor favoring BGC…

From NAIA (T3 is about 10 minutes away if no traffic congestion, I plan 30 to 45 minutes but longer to T2 and T1), you have non-stop access to Asia’s major hub cities, e.g. NRT, ICN, BKK, HKG, SIN, TPE… Also, non-stop flights to major cities, e.g., YVR, YYZ, SFO, LAX, HNL, LHR, SYD, MEL...

Did I miss any other? ;)

musicman666

From NAIA (T3 is about 10 minutes away if no traffic congestion, I plan 30 to 45 minutes but longer to T2 and T1), you have non-stop access to Asia’s major hub cities, e.g. NRT, ICN, BKK, HKG, SIN, TPE… Also, non-stop flights to major cities, e.g., YVR, YYZ, SFO, LAX, HNL, LHR, SYD, MEL...

Did I miss any other? ;)

That's a tp on the wff....for sure.

Did I miss any other? ;)

This sounds more like an escape plan, than a safe living

BossHog
For those who don't know Typhoons don't form near the equator.

Cyclones can't form at the equator because the Coriolis effect, which starts them spinning, is very weak there. But they can certainly form near the equator.

Tropical depression 32w (Zoraida) that passed through Mindanao just this week started at something like only 1.5 degrees north and could easily have developed into a typhoon affecting Davao.

If you want to get away from typhoons shouldn't you go far enough south to avoid them?

Moving south in the Philippines to avoid typhoons isn't much of a plan.

Edited by BossHog
smokey

Did I miss any other? ;)

yes your missed being able to get your Maserati and Ferrari cleaned and waxed for under 200 us 

this guy on here is making me throw up. who cares what you own.

Who and what are you talking about?

Edited by T.S.
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

the safest place to live is smokeys elevator

• Like 1

You people can't stay on topic to save your lives, can you? 

For Pete's sake, people. 

• Like 1