Where is the safest place to live in The Philippines?

Safest, Best, Ect... has been between my ears so far :)  Lol

You know you were thinking this too.....  LMAO

Edited by RPretire?
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• smokey

• Raven

• stevensanph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bonifacio Global City (Taguig, NCR): Slightly higher elevation than other areas and the best storm drain system (tested during the Typhoon Ondoy, one of the few places never flooded) Condos are wel

there are a few things that you can do i think to increase your odds of not being detrimentally affected by natural disasters..   i guess this typhoon has shown that geographically speaking, tacloban

The entire country is on a fault line.  The entire country is susceptible to typhoons. There are volcanoes all over the place in the Philippines.  So what that leaves you with is man made problems if

Posted Images

stevensanph

Bonifacio Global City (Taguig, NCR):

• Slightly higher elevation than other areas and the best storm drain system (tested during the Typhoon Ondoy, one of the few places never flooded)
  • Condos are well-built against earth-quake, typhoon, fire, etc.
  • Most condos have helipads (although a bit turbulent to land at times)
  • Close to an international airport
  • Nation’s best hospital on-site
  • Banks, boutiques, mall, grocery stores, deli, many restaurants
  • No traffic congestion within the area
  • No squatter areas, no “ordinary” fire-prone houses nearby
  • Adjoining golf course, polo ground
  • Never heard of any crime…

I kinda of agree, but:

- traffic congestion:  You haven't driven through during rush hour or a weekend in a while have you?

- condos well built against earthquakes:  Most are built by Megaworld - the quality of their marketing is superb, but not convinced about their actual builds (i have looked a few projects and been put off every time.)  They better be well built as the Fort is directly on the fault line running through Manila...!

miles-high

kids to school all within Bonifacio

Since I do not have any kids to send to, I forgot to mention that... there are many international schools, UK, Japan, etc.

All import car dealers/service facilities... MB, BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lanbo, Porsche, Mini, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Rover, Maserati, Peugeot (not that I am interested in this French cars... ;)), etc., etc...

• Like 1
smokey

Since I do not have any kids to send to, I forgot to mention that... there are many international schools, UK, Japan, etc.

All import car dealers/service facilities... MB, BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lanbo, Porsche, Mini, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Rover, Maserati, Peugeot (not that I am interested in this French cars... ;)), etc., etc...

i find two things disturbing one is finding really good mustard and the second is finding garages to store my cars that have humidity control but life goes on ... 

miles-high

You haven't driven through during rush hour or a weekend in a while have you?

I have mapped the area from my friend’s Jet Ranger and instructed my drivers to take certain routing depending on the time of the day… So far, it is working. Worst case (like evacuation), he could pick me up and fly to the airport in 5 minutes… Besides, I don't really go out during rush hours... :D

A weekend evening could be busy because of incoming traffic... I am just a weekend driver, only go out to test-drive on SLEX or SCTEX so no problem. :)

Most are built by Megaworld

My understanding is the condos by Megaworld are for the local buyers (and built around the perimeters of the city but I may be wrong)... Many builings are owned by the ownres who are often part-time dwelers, accordingly they are said to have been built good but I have no proof of that... My building is owned by one of those guys...

miles-high

really good mustard

Welcome to BGC! All is available within the city!

WP_20131115_001.jpg

:D

Edited by miles-high
smokey

we enjoy our mustard churned the old fashioned way by hand by the household staff.... 

Don't forget plan B and C. 

This good question has been asked a lot.

But due to recent events it should be revisited.

The geophysical risk maps no longer seem to apply.

It's important not to invest more than you can afford to lose

or be forced to walk away from. Find a location that meets your

particular needs. A place where you feel secure in what you've

built and the friends you've made. Then hope and pray for the best. 

• Like 1
stevensanph

I have mapped the area from my friend’s Jet Ranger and instructed my drivers to take certain routing depending on the time of the day… So far, it is working. Worst case (like evacuation), he could pick me up and fly to the airport in 5 minutes… Besides, I don't really go out during rush hours... :D

A weekend evening could be busy because of incoming traffic... I am just a weekend driver, only go out to test-drive on SLEX or SCTEX so no problem. :)

My understanding is the condos by Megaworld are for the local buyers (and built around the perimeters of the city but I may be wrong)... Many builings are owned by the ownres who are often part-time dwelers, accordingly they are said to have been built good but I have no proof of that... My building is owned by one of those guys...

Im not 100% on the buildings either - my info is coming from the skyscrapercity forums where megaworld have a pretty bad name...   I think most the city is megaworld land however, with a little bit of ayala thrown in for good measure. 

The roads are ok now, but at peak times already get clogged up around the c5/marketmarket/aura junction and mckinley hill area.

I am struggling to think of a safer area to live though... possibly the subic area?

miles-high

possibly the subic area?

Too close to Pinatubo???

Alabang may be better place? I don’t really know as I only go there once in a while to have paella for lunch… :)

I am off to Hawaii next week so I will take a look if any North shore water front properties are getting cheaper… (I truly doubt it… ;))

With change comes opportunity.

What are the chances of another Yolanda?

I would consider her Cebu side path as a possible build site.

Something near Daanbantayan. 

Just make it typoon froof. 

Carribean style. 

As plan C. 

No after typhoons unlike these teeth rattling after shocks.

Edited by goldote
stevensanph

Too close to Pinatubo???

Alabang may be better place? I don’t really know as I only go there once in a while to have paella for lunch… :)

I am off to Hawaii next week so I will take a look if any North shore water front properties are getting cheaper… (I truly doubt it… ;))

Alabang is also right on a fault line... good luck getting up the SLEX to NAIA  after a major earthquake - it'll be a pile of rubble for months!

miles-high

Alabang is also right on a fault line... good luck getting up the SLEX to NAIA after a major earthquake - it'll be a pile of rubble for months!

Oh well, back to motorhoming... summer in UP, winter in Florida... I used to do that and I miss it... :D

images11.jpg

rainymike

You could always stay in the USA, except:

Southeast - prone to hurricanes

Central US - prone to tornadoes

Southwest - prone to summer fires and earthquakes (already destroyed one major city that had to be rebuilt)

Midwest - prone to droughts and heat waves

Northwest - volcanoes and earthquakes

Northern US - snow and blizzards and avalanches (vulnerable to a new ice age)

Western US - site of a supervolcano that would make Pinatubo look like a firecracker

coastal US - flooding and sea level rising from climate change

Then there's the risk of overweight and overbearing women, minority groups looking for any excuse to be oppressed, high blood pressure from being overworked, clogged arteries from too much fast food, the original crips and bloods, the KKK, the NSA, the FBI, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.

littlejohn

If you want to get away from typhoons shouldn't you go far enough south to avoid them? The area I live in near Dipolog has only had one recoded typhoon in the last 50 years. No one here remembers it it was so long ago too. Though that one this spring got close. Even further south they are completely unknown. For those who don't know Typhoons don't form near the equator.

But if you want real safety you need a different country. Southern South America is a good place to look.

Edited by littlejohn