S&R Shopping Report for Nov 14 2013

Sure rub it in. I see Turkey for 68 cents a pound.

It's also 37F = 3C with 50 Km H wind and snow / raining

Wanna trade?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had milk, but of course I didn't buy any because I don't drink milk. Nonetheless, my time walking past the milk aisle made me miss Mr. Wonderful so I thought I would post a shopping report.   I

sorry to say your shopping reports are a sore disappointment compared to our fallen hero's. next time bring your own snacks you MORON

Sometimes I don't drive for a week, but when I need to, it sure is handy. The few times I took a taxi to the mall, it rained like hell when we were leaving and it took forever to get as taxi. I just t

Posted Images

It's also 37F = 3C with 50 Km H wind and snow / raining

Wanna trade?

yes. 

that's perfect weather in my book.

• Like 1
Half Baked

Independent grocery - best fruit / veggies / deli in town

Has several aisles devoted to different specific ethnic foods

page1.jpg

Them 'maters & taters look awfully good to me!!  What's the nearest cross street off Mango Ave to get to this store?! :rolleyes:

smokey

Them 'maters & taters look awfully good to me!!  What's the nearest cross street off Mango Ave to get to this store?! :rolleyes:

i would say first call a travel agent and book a fligh to somewhere in the usa as them are not local prices

• Like 1
Scottiev

15.82 lbs / $20.41 USD - didn't go real big this year 

Barely enough for the turkey sandwiches youre going to send me !!

smokey

15.82 lbs / $20.41 USD - didn't go real big this year 

shee you could of come here and had the same bird well at least double the price ... its always cheaper in asia... ha ha  better yet you could of picked up a frozen turkey at just 2.90 a pound and topped it off with a gallon of mike at only 10 dollar a gallon  :db:

ellenbrook2001

S/R chopping been there only twice that place only for USA people living here yes the vegetable very good quality but been European nothing much there to much junk food then over priced grrrrrrrrrr  a shame cause would spend more there but never go back for a year now shop different places where i can found what i liked imported from FRANCE or AUSTRALIA suit me fine 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

S/R chopping been there only twice that place only for USA people living here yes the vegetable very good quality but been European nothing much there to much junk food then over priced grrrrrrrrrr a shame cause would spend more there but never go back for a year now shop different places where i can found what i liked imported from FRANCE or AUSTRALIA suit me fine

Everytime I've been there about 90% of the shoppers are Pinoy. They have a whole section of australian meats.

They make their own roast beef - when it's on sale $5 a lb = 11 USD a kilo with free quart of Au Jus quart  with every pound for making Italian beef sandwiches.

Took 18 kilos with me to S. Carolina because they can'y get good deli on Hilton Head Island. cost  only $175  - 7,000 P.

Got a 3 foot Italian sandwich there today - $10.50

Edited by lamoe
smokey

how about the prices of tv units there compared to say sm 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I roasted my uber expensive turkey breast. It came out quite nice. Will be good for sandwiches for a week for myself. I should not have salted it prior to roasting however as it turned out a bit salty for my taste. 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

how about the prices of tv units there compared to say sm 

My casual observation is they are a bit high on those things. I bought a 60" LED, china brand I never heard of about 8 months ago and its still going strong. It was quite a bit cheaper than name brand. Don't ask me how much I paid because I can't remember. 

ellenbrook2001

yes i know they are PINOY shopping there but sure they probably live in USA yes they have AUSSIE good but bad quality the beef come from the bush in the Kimberley where the grass are brown the animal walk no stop or make the meat tough anywhere i never found what i need for my French cooking/

Half Baked

yes i know they are PINOY shopping there but sure they probably live in USA yes they have AUSSIE good but bad quality the beef come from the bush in the Kimberley where the grass are brown the animal walk no stop or make the meat tough anywhere i never found what i need for my French cooking/

I'm not sure about meat, but Rustan's at Ayala Mall seems to have a pretty good selection of imported French culinary items. I guess the Metro grocery has a few, too.

SM grocery used to have a good selection of imported French items, as well..... now, it is impossible to find ANYTHING in there. They have literally flipped the whole layout of their store! I can't find anything there! To heck with 'em... they don't even sell Litro Red Horses there!