S&R Shopping Report for Nov 14 2013

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

one part of me wants to eat at FGIF every day but the other part of me growing up in the ghetto says taco bell is the place

If you come up to Manila smokey Ill take you to taco bell. And its not getto here it has wifi and free refills!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had milk, but of course I didn't buy any because I don't drink milk. Nonetheless, my time walking past the milk aisle made me miss Mr. Wonderful so I thought I would post a shopping report.   I

sorry to say your shopping reports are a sore disappointment compared to our fallen hero's. next time bring your own snacks you MORON

Sometimes I don't drive for a week, but when I need to, it sure is handy. The few times I took a taxi to the mall, it rained like hell when we were leaving and it took forever to get as taxi. I just t

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Thanks a lot. You got me thinking about S & R so I went there today and my wallet was over P4,000 lighter when I left. Got home and was barely able to fit everything in the Refrigerator.

• Like 1
smokey

Thanks a lot. You got me thinking about S & R so I went there today and my wallet was over P4,000 lighter when I left. Got home and was barely able to fit everything in the Refrigerator.

thank you so much for sharing that can we know the details ... products ,, size,,, cost,,, brand name... oh and please wake me when your ready 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Did they have Miller's sausages or any US made sausages?

Sorry didn't notice. Seems they always have some US sausages in the cooler though.

cebubird

On Thursday, they were doing all the cleaning of freezers and not much available. Went specifically to get a turkeybreast,but no luck.

Hopefully by next week they will be back to filled freezers.

smokey

On Thursday, they were doing all the cleaning of freezers and not much available. Went specifically to get a turkeybreast,but no luck.

that pisses me off the price a frozen bird and its ONLY 250 peso a kilo so that what 3.25 us a pound .   now that be highway robbery 

Headshot

that pisses me off the price a frozen bird and its ONLY 250 peso a kilo so that what 3.25 us a pound .   now that be highway robbery 

You need to check your math. That is equivalent to about $2.65 US per pound. Still a rip-off, but not totally outrageous.

Scottiev

thats what i love about this forum... it reminds me what to bring over with me...this time it was spices to add to ground pork for sausage , old bay seasoning  and zatarans crab/shrimp boil... oh and montreal steak seasoning..i am all set to enjoy my 4 month stay lol

thats what i love about this forum... it reminds me what to bring over with me...this time it was spices to add to ground pork for sausage , old bay seasoning  and zatarans crab/shrimp boil... oh and montreal steak seasoning..i am all set to enjoy my 4 month stay lol

BBQ sauce is also expensive here, about twice the price.  The last time I checked, Hunts BBQ sauce 21.6 oz cost P104 ($2.40) here.

Heinz ketchup, the one made in the USA, is also twice the price here.  The one made in Indonesia, in a glass bottle, is cheaper.

smokey

You need to check your math. That is equivalent to about $2.65 US per pound. Still a rip-off, but not totally outrageous.

i call it 2.90 a pound which is still way higher then 1 dollar a pound but a gizillion percent

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Sounds almost exactly like my last BB except for the steak seasoning. I also got a supply of Mrs. Dash salt free spices in a number of varieties. Only got one bottle of my favorite BBQ sauce and it's gone. Don't mind paying over P100 here but Metro is always out of the ones I want. Been looking for Krafts hot BBQ sauce for several months now. So tried Jack Daniels and it's pretty good. Now they are out of that one too. I'm having my buddy from Dumaguete bring me some.

Headshot

If you like Kraft hot BBQ sauce, just get Kraft original BBQ sauce and add cayenne pepper powder to taste. I believe that is the only difference between the two sauces. I like the Kraft brown sugar BBQ sauce, and just added brown sugar to the original BBQ sauce to get a reasonable facsimile. Kraft original BBQ sauce is available in Cebu. I've seen it in several stores.

Independent grocery - best fruit / veggies / deli in town

Has several aisles devoted to different specific ethnic foods

page1.jpg

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Independent grocery - best fruit / veggies / deli in town

Has several aisles devoted to different specific ethnic foods

page1.jpg

Sure rub it in. I see Turkey for 68 cents a pound.